Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated March 13, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 46 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 41 reviews)

1. "Just a number, not appreciated"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with schedule, base pay, potential to build clientele. Location of salons.

Cons

Beneifits, corporate leaders, commission inreases, appreciation, incentives to manage salon.

Advice to Management

Start to realize that without the stylists you won't make any money. Instead of constantly tearing down the stylist work on building them up. Stop only focusing on the eagle brand division and put some focus on the premier brand. Offer some incentive for someone to be a manager for you.

2. "Unfair Management and Treatment of Stylist"

Pros

I was a stylist at Regis Hair Salon for a long time and I enjoyed it until I had to be moved to another store.

Cons

I was a stylist at Regis Hair Salon for a long time and they were fine until my last few months that I had to work in another Salon. It was unfair treatment and they just weren't what I expected I would be dealing with. There is a high turnover at this one salon and nobody seems to want to know why.

Advice to Management

Check into what is being said and done at the Salons. All not just Regis in Particular. Ask the employees to tell you what is on their minds and make sure there won't be any retaliation on them if they tell the truth. That's what I feel happened to me.

"Regional director"

Former Employee - Regional Director in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Regional Director in Jackson, MS

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for 15 years. Love the company in the past

Cons

I have excellent work skills very ethical person and I'm finding out with the new management, upper management, they are all about numbers.

Advice to Management

You need to see your people for who they are. Not judge them solely on numbers. You have let a lot of good people go that truly love the company and had their whole heart in. This is a people business and not solely a number business. Without people you have no business .

5. "unprofessional"

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free lunch, discount on product

Cons

unfriendly, rude people, lack of professionalism

"Atmosphere is great, benefits are terrible"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

You can move up
    Commission or hourly. Whatevers bigger
    Incentive to hit bonuses. Tools for the pro program.
    Lots of product knowledge

Cons

Benefits are very poor
    Expensive health plans that cost a lot out of pocket
    No 401k contribution
    Stock contribution plan about to run out
    No maternity plan for a mostly women based company.
    Only unpaid leave.FMLA. doesn't cut it

Advice to Management

Regis really needs to work on their employee benefits. What's the point of starting a 401k with the company if there is no contribution? I read the fine print with the stock contribution and the program is about to, or already has, stopped contributing. The health insurance is now a law but the plans are terrible. Can't you help employees out with better plans? This is my familys only income and the benefits are too outdated. And it would really help employees if you could do something for maternity leave. Saving us our position by federal law just doesn't cut it. Any sort of maternity plan would help especially in a mostly woman employed company. It was terrible having absolutely no income while recovering from childbirth.

"Learn what is important"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The walk in traffic is a great way to build a clientele

Cons

It used to be a great company to work for now dove three corporate restructuring the team it's more about what's the new focus on. We have more paperwork being a paperless company. The pay is horrible can't keep good employees when other companies pay better. The rules change frequently there's no set standard. The bad employees never seen to get terminated no matter what they've done. I have worked for this company over 20 years and sadly everyone that had worked with me this long had moved on

Advice to Management

You should concentrate on what keeps you in business it's not the customers it's the stylist and without them you're business is nothing. All standards should be for everyone not just some. Employees who are not valued will leave. Employees shouldn't be at work drunk, high, etc. Employees should be held to a higher standard and when your clientele is laughing at your worst employee and you just have to sit there and have no back up from your supervisors because they should've been fired doesn't make for a happy, friendly environment.

"First Job with License"

Former Employee - Hairstylist in Atascocita, TX
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in Atascocita, TX

Pros

Willing to hire and teach you straight out of school. ..definitely worth the effort

Cons

Doesn't like to pay their employees no matter how valuable you are or how much you prove you deserve it. ..only likes to pay $7.25 an hr and thinks its acceptable to not give any type of raise after 3yrs of employment

Advice to Management

Works well with scheduling just should be more considerate of employees with families and should always allow some Saturday's off just for good measure not because I beg you and bust my bottom to request a Saturday off and still get denied. ...treat all employees schedule the same no one should get special treatment unless hired on under circumstance and so others don't get upset allow the circumstances to be public knowledge

"District Leader"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great clientele, OK locations

Cons

Everything else - pay, benefits, hours, demands, paper pushing, understaffed

"Salon Manager"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Guaranteed wage for stylists. Some growth opportunities. Benefits are offered to full time employees, but are expensive. Some flexibility in schedule depending on location.

Cons

Terrible pay for Salon Managers. Income is based on productivity with very little time devoted to team coaching. Very useless WIG program that is great in theory, but does not work in a salon environment. Upper Management does not listen to stylists and stylists and Salon Managers are threatened with written warnings if they get overtime. This means a lot of work is done off the clock without pay.

Advice to Management

Take a stand, make a difference. Demand better treatment of your employees. Find out what is really happening in your salons. Enforce work ethics.

"I've worked with regis for 2 years"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

LOTS of walk-in traffic.
    You build a relationship with all of your clients

Cons

All they care about is numbers.
    TOO many coupons

Advice to Management

Give coupons out when there are holidays.. not just for fun