Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated February 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 46 reviews)

• Changes in upper management often (in 41 reviews)

1. "Wonderful company!"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Wonderful company, professionalism is highly valued, great training, flexible scheduling.

Cons

Unable to think of any

2. "Great start to building a career"

Pros

Extended education, flexible schedule, you can earn cool prizes for sales of retail products.

Cons

Pay was low, mandatory monthly meetings, extended hours during holiday,

3. "Salon manager"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Mulberry, FL
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Mulberry, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Its a highly motivated setting and you are in full control over your career. They give you all the tools you need to be successful.

Cons

I dont really have any cons

5. "Salon Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with fantastic staff and fantastic clients.

Cons

Low pay, upper management (District Leaders) showed favoritism, difficult to get in contact with my boss or higher ups, felt unheard with concerns of behavior of a manager of sister salon that worked in the same Mall who bashed our salon on a regular basis and picked on my stylists consistently. The sister salon staff would repeatedly come to me complaining about how their manager would discriminate against them, embarrass them on the floor and in front of clients. This sister salon manager specifically did not like a gay man who worked under her and consistently told him that he was not allowed to speak in regards to his partner; I advised him that he was able to and gave him the number to corporate to call and report her, he was too terrified to do that because the boss had rose colored glasses on for this particular manager. Discrimination towards my appearance as I am very tall and the boss consistently made cracks about how tall I was in a derogatory manner, idol threats of getting written up when a client, who appeared intoxicated during a service, I asked client to leave, client called corporate on me. When my boss confronted me and the stylist involved, I stood by my stylist and protected her; the boss took the side of the client, threatened to write us both up, I disagreed with the situation and she advised me that I needed to be written up - never was written up ultimately. My boss asked me to buy product so that we can make our goal for the quarter, spent around 85.00 of my own personal money on product, as well as another stylist in the salon paid for product that was not needed - all to find out that it wasn't to meet our personal store GOAL for the quarter but for HER to meet her GOAL for her quarter and she turned around and received a cash bonus for meeting her goal - she ignored my concern when I told her it was against corporate policy and it was "stealing" from the company; I promptly returned the items, and had my stylist do the same. I had a long time stylist ask me to be bumped up to the next level, after an hour on the phone the boss repeatedly asked me to lie to my stylist and let her know that things were changing and that she could "possibly" get a raise in the coming months, I confronted the boss due to the fact of her history of misconceptions and lies and after an hour she finally admitted that she had no intentions giving my stylist a raise - I threatened to call and inform her boss, then she released me to allow me to give this hard working stylist a raise. I was very ill with the Influenza A, I called her the moment I was diagnosed and informed my boss through voicemail that I was highly contagious for 4 days and that I needed to not expose my large staff - she chastised me through text and called me every day, several times a day, when my staff was more than qualified to run the salon smoothly. I had a poor experience with the boss, she showed poor management skills, lied consistently, showed favoritism to my sister salon and their manager who has a history of bad behavior. I would still be a Salon Manager if it wasn't for the boss and how she treated me. I feel as if I would have been a much better District Leader for Regis Corporation.

Advice to Management

Clean house! Re-train District Leaders. Be sure they know how to train Salon Managers in paperwork and how to properly manage the managers. Do not give DL's too many salons to manage as many get lost in translation. Please start listening and responding to concerned managers, I saw MANY policies being broken for favored managers, stealing, lies and I'm very dismayed that such a large company has ZERO concern on the destruction this specific DL has caused.

6. "We are #1"

Current Employee - District Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - District Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Paid vacation, 401k, free education, growth opportunities. Working at Regis is like being a part of a family we are a team!

Cons

It's a lot of hard work but it's well worth it!

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Experience Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Experience Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Regis Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Train stylist well very professional

Cons

Need health and life benefits

Advice to Management

None

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Sartell, MN
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Sartell, MN

Pros

I've been with Regis for almost 13 years and I couldn't ask for a better company to work for! They truly have the stylist at the heart of their focus and give us so many tools and opportunities to maximize our business, all we have to do is implement them! I feel so supported by everyone above me, my SDL is awesome! There are classes that we can attend to learn the latest trends or brush up on our techniques, either in our own location or in the area, tools are provided, they offer benefits for part time employees, the list is endless. I feel Regis truly cares about our satisfaction and want us to be happy in our careers.

Cons

I can't think of any

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior District Leader
    Current Employee - Senior District Leader

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, I enjoy working with my supervisors and my team. Fun team environment. A lot of free training classes, for continued education.

Cons

I can't think of any

10. "Great Company"

Pros

They are professional and accommodating.

Cons

The salon was not busy

11. "a great place to work"

Pros

free lunch and paid lunch/breaks

Cons

warehouse work and its hot