Cover image for Regis Corporation

2.7
Regis Corporation CEO (Interim) Matthew Doctor
Matthew Doctor

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I got a lot of experience and met many great people and stylists.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible with stylist schedules.(in 21 reviews)
  • "They do a lot of on going training with you that I love.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great opportunity to show you learn and help your stylist growth and advancement in management(in 16 reviews)
  • "good coworkers(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Regis Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

District Leader

Jul 29, 2022 - District Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved traveling between salons and managing 13 salons. I enjoyed promoting and hosting events to campaign our brand. Interacting with newer stylists leading them on their journey to success

Cons

The company unfortunately closed down

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Opportunity -- Challenging Work

Sep 2, 2022 - Paralegal in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The general atmosphere of the company is great, and they are extremely accommodating to work-life balance; The company is revitalizing itself, so being on the ground floor of that is exciting and allows you to expand your skillset and challenge yourself.

Cons

The workload can seem overwhelming, and the current technology is outdated -- making the workload that much more difficult (though, we're told this should be improving in the near future); The recent financial difficulties cannot be ignored, and it is reflected in the compensation. Taking advantage of the stock option would help offset this, but the stock-purchase plan (much like most of the current technology) is woefully outdated.

3. Join the Regis Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was okay

Mar 2, 2022 - Designer in Bellingham, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our manager didn’t seem to be extremely micromanaged for a corporate business so we had a pretty great team in which we could all be ourselves! Our manager, April Wosser Long, was great at encouraging that! She was so positive and encouraging! A great stylist. Let us do our thing whenever possible and was supportive if we needed help. So grateful for her! So it’s a little hard to rate the company itself with that buffer. Prices weren’t super high or super low which is a necessary balance in a mall in a mostly middle class small city. The salon itself had a nice warm open floor plan, cool modern design, and good ventilation and air flow. And neutral bright light but without being too harsh. Relaxing yet energizing space.

Cons

Working minimum wage before tips. It’s like that at every single salon that pays hourly, but still not cool as a licensed professional in a slow location. Business was not great despite our best efforts. And we did not get shipments of product or retail on time. So we couldn’t sell as much as we were capable of! While being told by corporate to sell more! But turns out we were all on our way out, despite being explicitly told by corporate that we were not going to be shut down, despite the shutdown of other Regis salons around us, so that’s probably why. And we were given a literal day of notice before they shut down all three still Regis family salons in our mall.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Difficult work/life balance

Aug 19, 2022 - Educator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, and senior leaders are supportive. The work is enjoyable and rewarding if it is something that ignites individual professional passion.

Cons

Leadership will not budge from requiring 50% mandatory travel. There could be times where a team member is traveled for three weeks consecutively within a given month, which is MORE than 50% travel. It also seems that leadership will make rules up as they go along, striking with surprises during situational instances that was never seen coming. This was a fabulous company to work for over a decade ago, sadly through leadership changes and sifting through multiple CEO visions in a short period of time it has caused massive deterioration.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Senior District Leader

Oct 13, 2022 - Senior District Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Travel, fellow supervisors, creating teams, education to gain insight.

Cons

unstable; lack of leadership for upper leaders; several CEO and corporate restructures.

7. 1.0

awful

Nov 21, 2022 - Hair Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience for beginning a career

Cons

Not flexible with scheduling, unfair environment

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Hair Salon

Jul 25, 2022 - Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training and education were a focus here and I truly enjoyed that aspect of it.

Cons

It was very difficult to maintain happy employees. The pay I was able to offer starting stylists was not that great. After you complete an education, you are hoping to make more than minimum wage.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

They don't care

Oct 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is supplied, hourly pay, make your own hours, vacation pay

Cons

No raise ever, no severance pay , no bonuses, no appreciation for loyal hard workers

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for starting out

Jul 23, 2022 - Hair Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay/commission plus commission on product sales. Classes with con ed hours also a plus. Great place to start building clientele and getting experience

Cons

I worked inside a mall so had to work mall hours including extended hours during the holidays

11. 2.0

Constantly Changing Business Org

Aug 29, 2022 - Lease Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

OK pay, hybrid work model, sometimes you get free hair products

Cons

Constantly changing the business organization - constant fear of being laid off. Executives make a ton and associates get a fraction of a fraction of that. Leadership won't invest in non-customer-facing technology so have fun working with software from the '90s.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,147 Reviews
</>Embed

Regis Corporation Reviews FAQs

Regis Corporation has an overall rating of 2.7 out of 5, based on over 1,171 reviews left anonymously by employees. 31% of employees would recommend working at Regis Corporation to a friend and 20% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Regis Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Regis Corporation. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

31% of Regis Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Regis Corporation 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Regis Corporation to be coworkers, career development, benefits and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Regis Corporation Job Seekers