KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Regis Corporation

Engaged Employer

Regis Corporation

Add a Review

Regis Corporation Employee Reviews about "great place"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 47 of over 1,155 reviews

2.9
Regis Corporation CEO (Interim) Matthew Doctor
Matthew Doctor

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I got a lot of experience and met many great people and stylists.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Great training and lots of perks if you work hard.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Hours are flexible with stylist schedules.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Great opportunity to show you learn and help your stylist growth and advancement in management(in 16 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedules, incentive contests, walk in clients because salons are in high traffic areas.(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low.(in 80 reviews)
  • "Poor management and too much heirarchy(in 56 reviews)
  • "Upper management are horrible, and they can care less about replacing broken items in the salon.(in 46 reviews)
  • "They pretty much want you to live in the store and work constantly for little or no benefits.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Your DL will tell you that you can make commission by doing add ons and upselling product.(in 31 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Regis Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great place"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 22, 2021 - Senior QA Engineer in Fremont, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome culture, great place to work

Cons

Small group, tight deadlines, fast deliveries.

2. 3.0

Stylist

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start out

Cons

Commission based pay was hard to work up

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great place if you are fresh out of school.

Nov 2, 2021 - Salon Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place for new stylist.

Cons

Low pay. Corporate management is a mess as of June 2021.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

I started out as a stylist and then promoted to manager and then promoted to SDL

Sep 13, 2020 - Senior District Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start out in the industry to build clientele Family atmosphere(co-workers and clients) Meeting new people daily(you must be a people person) Learning new skills daily( the industry is forever changing)

Cons

The pay-scale/ hourly pay that definitely needs to change...$7.25 an hour

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really only cares about the bottom line

Mar 5, 2020 - Service Desk Analyst in Edina, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

It WAS a great place to work.

Cons

CEO will look you in the eyes and lie to you. Company only cares about money, not people.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not bad for starting out

Sep 11, 2020 - Salon Leader/Master Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Hourly wage if you don’t hit commission Great place to build a clientele Free Education

Cons

Will literally suck the life out of you Will take your passion Do not stay! The grass is greener on the one other side.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to start.

Mar 8, 2016 - Stylist in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

You cant beat the walkin traffic...the salon I work at is in a mall. I was able to build a solid client base within a year. You get a nice discount on products at the end of the month. Almost everything is supplied for you...towels, color, capes, products, etc. Great place to start out. Pay is hourly vs commission so you do get a guaranteed paycheck.

Cons

The hourly pay stinks. We're talking minimum wage. I expected it though and think of it as paying my dues to the industry. It seems very difficult to make commission. In a year, I have yet to make commission and I stay busy. We have very seasoned stylists that still make minimum wage if the dont make commission. How is a Master Stylist just paid $7.25 an hour? There is an unbelievable amount of focus placed on retail sales. Retail is important for sure but they, management, are RELENTLESS! Every goal revolves around retail. They use provided education as a selling point when you interview but my salon has had zero education brought in since I've worked there, over a year. Very disappointing when you feel more emphasis is placed on selling products rather than molding great stylists.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Company that WANTS to do great

Jun 26, 2015 - Senior District Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start your career as a hairstylist. Room for growth if you wish to work in the corporate world. Builds a strong foundation of business knowledge. Offers a guaranteed pay, benefits and paid vacation. Lots of people walk through the doors.

Cons

I think this is a great place for a stylist starting out since there are so many people who come in. As you grow your business it is very tough to continue to increase your pay through the years as you would in other places.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

This Coropration has alot to work on.

Aug 17, 2008 - Hairdresser in Bloomingdale, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great place for someone who is in school because over all you will have plenty of time to sit in the salon to do homework. working in a regis salon overall is great place to "work"and get a pycheck without actually working.

Cons

I think the company has givin up on the lower volume stores. The store I work at had very slow traffic and it felt like the home office was just waiting for the store's lease to be up to close it. I"m not sure if its true but thats what it feels like. It seems like higher management and even the home office puts all of the energy into "dazzeling" higher volume store that are doing well but lower volume stores are left on the side of the road.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Experience

Dec 3, 2014 - Manager in State College, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work especially gaining experience, an easy place to promote within the company if you are qualified. Some flexibility on scheduling depending on Manager. Never ending supply of customers if you are at a good store w/good visibility. Opportunity to make as little or as much money as you are willing to actually put in.

Cons

You are a number at a number, "black out" dates for vacations and time off, evenings and weekends, not feeling appreciated, could have a horrible experience on immediate manager, being at a location or being the "front lines" when changing teams that had a prior negative team or poor stylists. At the end of the day you are paying for yourself to work there and its all a numbers came.

1 person found this review helpful