Regis Corporation Employee Reviews about "great place"
29% would recommend to a friend
(24 total reviews)
43% approve of CEO
Found 24 of over 1K reviews
Updated Oct 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I got a lot of experience and met many great people and stylists." (in 47 reviews)
- "They offer lots of great training for all stylists if you take advantage and have a manager that wants all stylists to succeed." (in 21 reviews)
- "Hours are flexible with stylist schedules." (in 20 reviews)
- "great coworkers to work with" (in 16 reviews)
- "Flexible schedules, incentive contests, walk in clients because salons are in high traffic areas." (in 16 reviews)
- "Low pay increases" (in 85 reviews)
- "Poor management and too much heirarchy" (in 56 reviews)
- "Awful upper management." (in 49 reviews)
- "They pretty much want you to live in the store and work constantly for little or no benefits." (in 37 reviews)
- "Your DL will tell you that you can make commission by doing add ons and upselling product." (in 36 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Regis Corporation and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great place"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Sep 19, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEdina, MN
This is a company that has been through alot, but there are alot of people here that believe in the future and can see that in time things will be better. In fact it's already starting. The new CEO and other new leaders are creating a vision and path, and sharing it with the organizaion, so there are more common goals in place. There are alot of great career opportunities and in many cases a place to grow your career. Employees here have a great passion for what they do.
Unfortunately, the struggles they have had in the past have caused some really good people to leave. But the continuing building is back on.
- 4.0Feb 7, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 years
It can be a great work place if you work with the right people.
Work/life balance and big company so your just another number
- 5.0Jul 30, 2018Salon ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWasco, CA
Smart style is a great place to learn and grow as a stylist. It was a great place for me to learn how to manage a salon and be a team leader. Made me stronger in sales and marketing.
I can’t complain I enjoyed where I worked.
- 5.0Jun 26, 2015Senior District LeaderFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Great place to start your career as a hairstylist. Room for growth if you wish to work in the corporate world. Builds a strong foundation of business knowledge. Offers a guaranteed pay, benefits and paid vacation. Lots of people walk through the doors.
I think this is a great place for a stylist starting out since there are so many people who comek this is a great place for a stylist starting out since there are so many people who comek this is a great place for a stylist starting out since there are so many people who come in. As you grow your business it is very tough to continue to increase your pay through the years as you would in other places.1
- 5.0Feb 4, 2016District LeaderCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsAlbany, NY
Unlimited potential on how much you can make. All salons have great locations for walkins so no clientele required to start. They offer benefits which is very rare for the salon environment. They care about their employees and it is a great place to be.
The health benefits they offer could definitely be better, but at least they do offer them. I wish all salons worked on the same pay scale, the base rate/commission scale, not a fan of the sliding scale pay in some of the salons.
- 1.0Jan 2, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Lots of hard working and genuinely nice people. Prior to the current CEO and leadership, Regis was a great place to work.
Leadership cannot make any positive impact. If they have the will and heart to, someone will stop them. If you value yourself, dignity and morality this is not a great place to work.5
- 2.0Apr 21, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Regis Corporate salons are a great place to get a start and develop your skills
I've been working here most of my career. It's a money hungry corporation. They careless about stylist. All they care about is numbers and how much retail you sell. The only reason I work there because I have bills and rent to pay. I really love doing hair and been doing it for four years now. I know I could work at another salon but it's hard building your clientele. And just getting commission from other salon is not going to pay the rent. It's nice to have the walk-ins .4