KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Regis Corporation

Is this your company?

Regis Corporation

Add a Review

Regis Corporation Employee Reviews about "pay scale"

Updated Sep 13, 2020

Found 23 of over 1,079 reviews

2.9
Regis Corporation President and CEO Felipe Athayde
Felipe Athayde
Pros
  • "If you understand how they pay the money is awesome I started off as a stylist(in 138 reviews)

• "Great place to build a clientele(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay, small room for growth as a stylist, not many in person continuing education classes(in 154 reviews)

• "Franchises out their salons to under qualified persons(in 79 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Regis Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay scale"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

I love the H.A.I.R Culture.

Nov 18, 2016 - Senior District Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Affordable health insurance, Bridge Benefits for new employees, Employee Assistance programs, Incentive points to purchase items on tools for the pro, Commission based pay(meaning I control my paycheck) with the opportunity to reach 50% commission(at the brand I work for) Technical education classes, online training, Regis has Matrix Educators put on hair shows for us, Contests,Vacation pay, Bereavement pay, Purchasing Power, Discounts for Regis Employees, One of the largest leaders in the industry with the opportunity to relocate, Job Advancement, Bonus (dependent on sales)

Cons

Many people do not understand the pay scale well enough to know the opportunity they truly have to write their own pay check.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

I started out as a stylist and then promoted to manager and then promoted to SDL

Sep 13, 2020 - Senior District Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start out in the industry to build clientele Family atmosphere(co-workers and clients) Meeting new people daily(you must be a people person) Learning new skills daily( the industry is forever changing)

Cons

The pay-scale/ hourly pay that definitely needs to change...$7.25 an hour

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Feb 7, 2020 - Stylist/Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to build a clientele

Cons

Horrible pay scale. Not much advancement

4. 2.0

Dec 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Products provided by the company.

Cons

No incentives that offer better career opportunities. The pay scale can be improved.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Nov 14, 2016 - Hair Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love our manager and coworkers... I have been here 10 years and have a large customer base thanks to MY hard work. They did nothing to help promote the salon. My boss is very flexible on my schedule.

Cons

Pay scale sucks. They demand so much and give nothing. We were a previous salon and bought out by them. It took 8 years and us telling them we would do the work to finally paint the salon. They kept saying if we hit all our goals this month they would.... For 6 months. Finally enough customers complained about the color stains and ripped chairs before they did anything. Why should we convince YOU to invest in YOUR business.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sep 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start, guaranteed pay

Cons

Bad pay/pay scale, poor management

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Regis is my employer of choice!!

Jul 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone cares about everyone's success. Starting at the corporate office all the way to salons

Cons

Pay scale for new stylist

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company and Great Salon Teams

May 26, 2016 - Senior District Leader in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, guaranteed hourly wages, and the ability to grow in the company. I started as a stylist and have climbed the ladder to the SDL position. The company has recently hired around 100 educators so that we are able to give our salon teams advanced education in the industry at least once a year. Regis offers many benefits including retirement and health insurance.

Cons

The only con I constantly hear from my teams is the base pay (minimum wage) and how difficult it is to slide on the sliding pay scale. In states that minimum wage has raised to the 10.00 hr level it's very difficult for them to slide especially in the Eagle Brands.

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

District Leader

Apr 8, 2016 - District Leader in Fort Wayne, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Regis is currently changing the way they are looking at the stylist. The company is making sure that it is now centered around the stylist and making the work environment better for the stylist.

Cons

Currently working on evening out the pay scale for all brands.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great for newbie stylists

Mar 24, 2016 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good walk in customer base Base pay is given when commission is not met. Retail commission is decent

Cons

Commission is based on a sliding pay scale not a flat rate. The more productive you are with services the higher the %. The slower you are the percentage goes down.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews