Register Tape Network Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"NE Division"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Everything about our communication and growth of our personal WHYs..
    This Career is designed to benefit you 1st not the company..
    With hard work, dedication, skill, will, and desire.

You will find yourself achieving personal goals you never thought possible..

Cons

The CON in my opinion is YOU!!!
    Especially if YOU walk into this Career with set goals and looking to complete them for You!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to develop each individual for each of their own desires..
    The rest falls into place..

"Fantastic Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Fantastic management support and work environment

Cons

None everything so far has been exceptional

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic they are always there for you and encourage you to be your best.

3. "Churn & Burn Factory"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are in need of a job, and don't mind living in poverty, then this is the job for you.

Cons

Only one sales rep is making any money at this company, and even they are looking for another job. The cult atmosphere that is designed to keep you motivated is a joke. Sales reps come and go like a turnstile. The company won't order you business cards, no phone allowance, not enough gas to get you through a week, 3 days of training and you're on your own. You're expected to make 100 phone calls a day, set 4 appointments, and sell 1 account. Easy, think again. The sales pitch numbers don't add up. It's a total con. For ex. The Dollar General sees 3500 customers a week. You tell the prospect they are going to get 800k impressions of their ad over 48 weeks. But their ad is only guaranteed to be on the receipt one time. Do the math. 3500 x 48 weeks = 168k. Yet you're telling the prospect they're getting 800k ads?!? You will sell it to people that don't understand, but very few will even listen once they hear the ad is on the back of a receipt, and at a Dollar General. Customers want to cancel immediately after not seeing any results. You will be micro managed daily from 8-6. You get $46 a week for gas and that will cover about 3 days if you're lucky.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. Find another career.

Mar 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your experience with Register Tape Network did not match our goals for creating a supportive work environment with great earnings ... More

"Okay Short Term"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Managers, base pay, you are on your own most days

Cons

Does not work for most customers, angry phone calls, most people don't renew so it is hard to build on previous sales

Advice to Management

find a way to add to program so it works better

Mar 14, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us about our sales process. Register Tape Network has been in business for more than 50 years, but you’re right, if we provide poor customer service, installs ... More

"Finally an office giving me the freedom that I need."

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like most of the workplaces, the day starts wonderfully. Unlike the most, it ends wonderfully as well.
    For a change, the management here not only understands but also emphasizes on employee empowerment. We have regular training which acts like a refresher and also keeps us updated with new sales strategies.
    My manger is extremely supportive hence; I’m also able to maintain a healthy work-life balance. But then he also expects results out of me. This keeps me fueled and motivated towards my targets.

Cons

I have not come across anything that I would like to flag as negative. The product is great, the people are amazing and this keeps me moving forward.

Advice to Management

Continue to be focused on employees and the bottom-line and RTN will continue to be ahead of the curve.

"WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The first time through a town or selling a new customer it's the easiest money you'll ever make.
    -They'll hire anyone, so it's a great place to get sales experience

Cons

-Even with ensuring tape never runs out in stores, clients have good offers, and ad copy is designed to attract business, renewal rate is about 20-30%
    -After your first year to six months, the pay plan is built on renewals, so without those you are constantly starting over and can't ever make the kind of money promised.
    -Pay plan changes without notice
    -No freedom, you are constantly being checked in on and micro managed by your manager and the amount of reports will shock you
    -Conference calls every morning, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays you'll have one in the evening
    -Once you get home at night, you'll have to submit another report, as well as re-organize for the next day so your average work week will consist of a 60-70 hour work week
    -You will have to drive anywhere from 45 min to 2 hours to your market and back each day with only $50 in gas allowance per week
    -You are treated like a number, not an employee
    -They will literally hire anyone willing to work for this company, no background checks, don't care about criminal background history
    -Doesn't work for the majority of customers you have to sign up in order to make money, so you're literally stealing from them
    -Customer support is a joke, and you'll get no support from upper management
    -No one can spell properly or use the words there/their/your/you're etc. correctly. I highly doubt the majority of management have a college degree and the grammatical errors in emails you'll receive are embarrassing to say the least. If you have a college degree, seek employment elsewhere

Advice to Management

Be professional in emails/training with presentation/grammar/spelling. Get a product that works, or fix the one you have. Create a pay plan that rewards hard work and hire better managers/employees. The turnover rate in itself is enough to make someone want to quit. Looks like a sinking ship to a new or long term employee.

Mar 14, 2017 – Marketing

We are very sorry that your experience did not match our expectations for a professional work environment with great earnings potential. We have made significant changes to improve the efficiency and ... More

"Company that really cares"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work, you are in control of you're market. Much like running your own business.

Cons

Takes some time to build revenue.
    very lengthy script that several customers have already heard. Does how ever provide a good building block to sell

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the busy work, some reps put in 12 hour days, then have to come home and fill out lengthy reports that really don't mean much.

"Its all about the people."

Current Employee - Market Relations in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Market Relations in Durham, NC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Register Tape Network is truly one of the few people centric companies out there in the market. Whether it's their customer, employees, partners or vendors, the first priority here is to keep the people happy. The first thing we are taught is that people make a business and this is what makes this company one of the leaders in local advertising.

Cons

I am yet to find any cons in working for the company but will edit my review as soon as I get to face any major issue.

Advice to Management

Great Work.

"A wonderful company to work for."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good salary, great incentives and magnificent people to work with(most of them).
    The company is ethical in its outlook which is the most vital reason why I had chosen to stay past 2 years. I see good outlook for this company and my own self as its employee.

Cons

Two years and the only cons about RTN are in peoples heads. A few people come up with negativity. One thing to notice is that initially everyone has different problems but once they sit together they somehow manage to come to a common nexus. Its an regular company with same issues as any other company in the world and good payoffs and in the end its all that matters.

"It's about more than just paying the bills."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined this company two year back while looking for a job to pay the bills and what started as temp job has kept me hooked since past two years.
    The work is extremely enriching and the incentive payoffs are excellent.

Cons

Aside from the coffee machine, I really have not seen anything negative but will surely update my review as soon as I find one.

Advice to Management

No complaints yet.