Register Tapes Unlimited Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Endsley

Pros
  • Flexibility is nice that you can work from home on the phone or you can work out in the field (in 6 reviews)

• You learn a tonne about a lot of different businesses/models and get to pick the brains of some really interesting business owners and learn from them (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales reps are trained for a hard sell technique which offends business owners (in 8 reviews)

• no benefits whatsoever, not a lot of support, all cold calling, punding the pavement (in 6 reviews)

1. "Daunting work but not hard."

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time

Pros

Commission, relaxing schedule, easy environment, and good bosses.

Cons

Daunting, mind-numbing work, and saturated.

Advice to Management

Na

Feb 20, 2017 – Marketing Analyst

We're happy to see that your experience with RTUI has been positive! If you'd like to give any more feedback on how we can improve, please feel free to email me at anna.ruby@rtui.com.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Hartford, CT

Pros

1. You can get a lot of flexibility and make your own hours in theory however if you want to make a full time living at this then that flexibility is more of an illusion because you'd have to work 60+ hours a week anyway to possibly reach enough people to sell your ads. Plus if "making your own hours" in your mind means having the flexibility to work part-time evenings and weekends it might not work because you can only work when business owners are at their businesses.

2. I got to meet a lot of great small business owners and learn about their business but I could have done that on my own too, even just as a consumer.

Cons

1. Ads are too expensive making it too hard to sell in some markets
    2. Limited support for sales reps
    3. Sales reps are trained for a hard sell technique which offends business owners

Advice to Management

1. Lower the prices of the ads. They are just way too high making them nearly impossible to sell to the small businesses we approach. Instead of pricing so high and only getting one advertiser on a tape, drop the price and sell out the ad at a lower margin. You'd still come out ahead.

2. Reorganize the sales teams to add support. Don't have sales managers that are actively selling because their incentive is to sell in their own territory rather than support you.

Jan 19, 2017 – Marketing Analyst

Thank you for leaving your feedback about RTUI. We apologize that the position has not worked out for you, and will be taking your concerns into consideration.

3. "Freelance"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to work your own hours, create your own business and work as much as you want

Cons

Advice to Management

rather than independent contractors please hire employees and provide some support to them

Jan 11, 2017 – Marketing Analyst

I apologize that your experience with RTUI left you feeling unsupported. We understand that this is an area that needs improvement, and is something we are actively working on for 2017.

"Sales"

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time

Pros

Good Niche product for niche customers....best for entry level college graduates

Cons

Niche product for limited customer base....Not much training...most prospects not interested in product
    Short lease with company...tremendous turnover with sales
    One call close and most don't buy...

Jan 2, 2017 – Recruiter

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We value any specific feedback you may have regarding your time with the company as we are dedicated to improving the chances of ... More

6. "Great Company"

Pros

Great company with amazing growth opportunities

Cons

I really don't have any.

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

We appreciate your review and are always open to further feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me at anna.ruby@rtui.com if you would like to discuss this further.

"Lover it"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time

Pros

Rtui is great place to work. Big commission and freedom of no bosses in true sence. It is Your business and you will feel it. Work hard and you will get paid...

Cons

Long hours and you must be used to getting lots of no from your customers. But that is something you must expect from advertising salea. Good luck and have fun...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Making opportunity and keeping the commission high is great way to keep good people. Make sure to keep middle managers in line and you will have much more productive sales force.

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

Thank you for your raving review of RTUI! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration as we continue to improve many aspects of our company.

8. "The way I see it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my department I will say that this is the best job I have ever had. Flexible schedule and a great department head. We are allowed to do the job we were hired to do. If we don't, as with any job, life can get hard. The owners care very much for their employees. I have seen this first hand as well as with others that needed help personally or financially. I will stay as long as I am allowed.

Cons

Because this is a family owned operation, it can have a few clicks. Some folks probably should not have the job they do or be in positions that they are. However, that's how all business run I guess.

Advice to Management

Nothing they have not heard before.

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

Your review and honest feedback are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to me at anna.ruby@rtui.com to discuss any of your feedback further.

9. "Corporate Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and for. Big company but small company feel. Company goes above and beyond to help its employees and community needs. Relaxed and comfortable working environment.

Cons

I have no cons or complaints.

Advice to Management

Only suggestion would be increased pay similar to like positions.

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

It is great to hear that our employees feel appreciated and supported. To give further feedback please feel free to reach out to me at anna.ruby@rtui.com.

10. "AWESOME COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX

Pros

friendly work environment - great owners!

Cons

pay could be better, along with annual raises.

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

Your response is greatly appreciated! If you would like to continue to give feedback please feel free to reach out to me at anna.ruby@rtui.com.

11. "Casual environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

Family and casual environment, fun department, and great department manager

Cons

Limited growth potential, slow processes, in need of a sales tracking system

Advice to Management

More training for sales managers on growing their teams effectively

Oct 11, 2016 – Marketing Analyst

Your advice is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration as we move forward building a better CRM system for corporate and sales staff. To give any further feedback please reach out to ... More