Regulus Reviews | Glassdoor

Kathy Hamburger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "opex clerk"

I worked at Regulus full-time

Pros

love the work environment one of my favorite jobs

Cons

none i can think of here

2. "Work Lead"

Former Employee - Work Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Work Lead in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Always something to do, fast pace

Cons

Training is not equal in each department.

Advice to Management

keep ever one on the same level as far as training to company would go a long way.

3. "Standard Affair Contractors"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mays Landing, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mays Landing, NJ

I have been working at Regulus (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits. Yearly meetings are done over a paid lunch. Friendly management.

Cons

Never see anyone who decides my pay. Very very slow pay growth.

4. "Just a job... and very stressful!"

Former Employee - Machine Operator II
    Former Employee - Machine Operator II

Pros

It was a job, nothing more, nothing less. After you've been with the company you get the proverbial benefits -- health insurance, sick/vacation days, etc. You'd get pay incremental pay increases based on performance and time with the company.

Cons

It's been quite a few years since I last worked there, and I really don't know if the nature of the business has changed since more people pay electronically now than they did during my time there. But what I did at Regulus was do imaging of invoices and checks for a whole multitude of companies, which then the data entry department entered the numbers. After all the information was complete, I then used a machine to encode the same checks with the MICR information.

* Standing for long hours at machinery and in a loud environment.

* Long, and sometimes VERY long and unpredictable hours. There was no such thing as an 8-hour shift for this line of work. There was no such thing as "optional" overtime; it was mandatory. While that always made for a nice looking paycheck, it made planning your leisure time tricky.

* You couldn't stop working until they decided they needed to cut it off at a certain time. That made it more stressful on days when it came to mortgage or credit card payment deadlines. If we didn't complete it in time, we were told the clients were SOL and would be hit with a late payment penalty. So we were always working fast and furious. There were times we'd be working so long that the THIRD SHIFT started to come in to work (the location I worked only had a first and third shift). There were a few 12 hour days, but most were 9-10 hours on average.

* A lot of times when overtime kicked in, you were rarely allowed a secondary break to even take a breather since so much data needed to get processed.

* While you had your fixed days to work, you may find that your "weekends" are split up. For instance, my days off were Mondays and Saturdays. So it was hard to get two days of rest in a row to recuperate for the following week's worth of work. It was the same for all my co-workers.

* You are constantly monitored (security cameras everywhere!) because you're dealing with live checks, and of course, the potential for fraud/embezzlement is always there. Also, you were electronically monitored to see how long it took between the time you signed in to start your shift, and how long it took for you to log in to your station. So there was no padding of the time. And the computer would also record how much information you processed per hour, how much down time you had (when there was no activity), and how accurate you were. Every month it seemed this information would be used to assess where you stood and potentially determine you a pay increase was warranted at some point. The pressure was always on.

* The company was open and operational for holidays like Memorial Day, Fourth of July, etc. You were REQUIRED to work those days, unless you had seniority in which you could pick and choose which holidays you wanted off, and which ones you wanted to work. I learned that when I first started. Someone who had more clout over me took the early holidays to work, so I ended up with the aforementioned other two, thus killing any plans I had for those days. The company was almost a 365/7 kind of place.

* Because of the high pace nature of the job, most times the supervisors and leads were always putting more pressure to get the work done fast and to get it done right. While they were always short of being unprofessional and berating because the pressure was on them as well, it made the work environment and morale less than ideal.

* I suppose it's more of pro than a con, but after a while, we were all laid off when this particular division I worked in moved out of state. Just prior to that, the higher-ups from the company came in from time-to-time warning us to "shape up or ship out" as our location was towards the bottom of accuracy and completion.

5. "As bad as it gets"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Regulus (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work week. Good co-workers.

Cons

Incompetent management and C-level exec. Cutting expenses at every corner. Outdated technology stack with no will power to update or upgrade anything.

Advice to Management

Employees are your biggest assets. Remember it.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

I worked at Regulus full-time

Pros

Besides a modest paycheck (10% under market value), nearly none. The people last at this wretched excuse for a company are those skilled at survival by placing blame on others.

Cons

Dated business model surviving only by cannibalizing the remaining dregs of paper invoice and payment model. Disgusting senior management behaviors tolerated by venture capital ownership, because no rat's asses are given about the ultimate success of the company, just near term profits. Plan appears to wring the last drops from print/mail operations, before it finally dies.

Advice to Management

What are you waiting for? Shoot it in the head and put it out of it's misery.

7. "Depressing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Pros

It's an income, better than none.

Cons

Immature and incompetent management. Employees given conflicting instructions on what and how to do things.

Advice to Management

Lay off the favortism, promote competent, mature individuals.

"Take the checks - Watch out for liability!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Pros

Fair benefits, reasonable human resources group for a company of its size

Cons

Dishonest business practices, gender bias in management, incompetent CEO currently in charge. Too much emphasis on being yes people, punishment for doing whats right, if it conflicts with the perception of the CEO.

Advice to Management

Replace all senior management that has been at the company for over 6 years. It needs a complete replacement now that the strong folks are gone.

9. "Regulus Group LLC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Pros

Fairly good use of flex-time and better than average benefits package for this size of a company

Cons

Executive management lacks strong strategic leadership skills

Advice to Management

Regulus is not a manufacturing company anymore. Focus on being a technology driven service provider. Change the corporate culture from individual focus to a team/function focus.

"Company was constantly in disarray"

Pros

A paycheck. That's about it. Good coworkers. Getting out of the house every day. Even entertainment in the office. But that's it.

Cons

Had the worse c-level and senior director management I have ever seen in 20 years. Company was always changing course.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. They are what makes things happen. Stop trying to act you are running the CIA and doing everything in a vacuum.