Regus Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Dixon

1,083 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what's going on in the center's because managers lie to them in order to look good (in 79 reviews)

• Hard to provide good customer service when you are stretched so thin (in 43 reviews)

"Salary"

Current Employee - Community Associate in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Community Associate in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional atmosphere, always busy & there is always something to do, clients come first, nice views from office.

Cons

Mgmt is very busy and expects you to know everything two days into work. Training can't be completed by deadline because of said mgmt style as well as due to short staff, all the while upper mgmt is breathing down your neck about why you haven't finished training. Very short staffed and no one is able to show me the ropes, which negatively affects clients and company.

Advice to Management

Upper mgmt should support Area Managers & be understanding of business locations and what the status is of each one re: new employees. Makes me want to quit

2. "The bad in the good"

Former Employee - Community Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Community Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at Regus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible pay, able to make great professional connections, worked with a few really incredible people. Fun community events, lots of trust given to Community Mangers and CSR's.
    Great learning experience!

Cons

The company began to spread Area Managers to thin across multiple centers, wastes time that could be spent in better ways on mundane daily requirements. Create a better training program that is not taught by a computer application.

Advice to Management

Respect the Customer Service Reps and Community Managers, they are the glue of each center.

3. "Love it here!"

Current Employee - Community Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Community Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regus part-time

Pros

Everyone was so nice and welcoming. Which is what a new hire needs. I love the office location too. So far so good with this fabulous new job.

Cons

It is part of my job but there is a lot of cleaning.

"Broker Account Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The organization is new, therefore it enables fresh ideas from its team members. It sits on the corporate office floor so the exposure is tremendous. There is excellent personal growth opportunities as well as an opportunity to maximize earning potential. The company has many people who have been with the company 10 years + which showed me that the employees are valued and given a chance to succeed. Leadership has great experience and willing to help you succeed or find something that works best for you.

Cons

Small micro management initially as this is a new team. The data is needed to ensure the organizations success. This would be a con to some but a pro in my book.

5. "Not bad at first, then can go really downhill"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Regus (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities to offer bonuses for good work or referrals. Generally good work hours. Computer access and possibility to get managers that do NOT micromanage. (That is only a chance) Plenty of offers to get PTO. Sick and holiday pay. Good team communication between centers of employees.

Cons

VERY LIMITED coverage due to the full time/part time availability. Good luck being able to use that earned PTO as there are generally only 2 people at a center at a time, and one of them is only Part time (maybe 4 hours a day to cover). Unless you want to get into Sales, there is a very low cap for growth. Procedures constantly changing so the process to get anything done is never really clear. No Training outright, due to the ever changing procedure. Micromanaging Area managers often interfere and bend the rules to make a sale.

Advice to Management

Enforce dedicated Training from the start so that what is expected is clear to Every team member. Offer more coverage options and teamwork in person. Things can't get done away from the desk when we are required to stay there 90% of the day. Find a procedure that works and stick with it! This ever changing system doesn't make any work done any more efficient.

"Great Company with Great Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth Opportunities
    Positive Team Environment
    Company Culture
    On-Going Training
    Community Engagement
    Great Leadership
    Stability

Cons

I have nothing negative to share.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-work life balance
    -pay
    -structure
    -support

Regus gives you the tools to be successful. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the company.

Cons

-some reports are tedious and could be streamlined
    -that's really the only con of the job. You get to work with a lot of amazing people

8. "Great entry level job out of college if you're still trying to figure out what you're going to do!"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to come into for an entry level position. Working with so many different companies gives you the ability to wear more than one hat. I was able to receive a promotion for the Sr. CSR role after I was there for 6 months, but I was already doing that position for the get without the promotion pay. Regus gave me the opportunity to learn what it was like to work within Corporate America and break me out of that post-grade shell. The knowledge I learned in regards to becoming a successful asset to a company will be something that I carry with myself forever.

Medical benefits, 401k, paid time off

Cons

Once I reached my 6 month mark and received the promotion that I had been working in already without the pay, I realized that I would either have to become a manger or I would have to accepte that I already reached my potential in the company. I started at $14.50 and left with $16 an hour--almost impossible to leave off of. The pay didn't reflect the amount of work that was accomplished and the amount of responsibility I had throughout my position. Management was sometimes filled with drama but it just depended on who was your Center Manager. As they always say, "Regus is ALWAYS changing," they really were not kidding.

In a nutshell In my personal experience I wouldn't have changed the fact that I worked there. That job got me into Corporate America, got me health and financial benefits, along with the experience of working with so many industries.

Advice to Management

Since I have left this company there have been even more changes and from what I heard from previous coworkers there were many demotions, bonus structure changes, etc. I thought when I worked there the company didn't even care about the little people; Customer Service Representatives--even though the little people are the first point of contact, the ones who are always at the center and the ones that do a lot of the busy work we were never appreciated. Now I see that the company isn't taking care of the employees who have been working there for many, many years. My biggest piece of advice would be to take better care of your employees; the ones at the bottom and the ones at the top...those are the people that make your business work around the clock.

"Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Broker Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Broker Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and incentive program, Great benefits, Comfortable and relaxed yet professional environment, very nice kitchen amenities, flexible hours, and friendly staff.

Cons

It is mainly a sales environment so there can be pressures to try to perform well or exceed very difficult goals, but not any more pressure than you would find in any other sales position.

Advice to Management

Great work. Development is key and being professionally developed by management is key especially in a company where you have the ability interact with positions in the company that you normally would not get the chance to meet (The CEO, VP, ETC...)

"Area Manager"

Former Employee - Area Manager in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Area Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-They say that life is about relationships. Regus does provide you with the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad scope of people, both within the company and with clients or referral sources.

-Excellent work/life balance for those who could manage people and delegate properly.

-If you perform, you have some autonomy in your day in addition to security in your job. They need people who can sell.

All in all, it's not a terrible experience, however, you have to have tempered expectations of what you are going to get out of your career here.

Cons

Financial Rewards- I received two merit increases in 10 years with Regus, and I was a high performer. I was able to increase my pay through commission and bonuses, however, the plans were always convoluted at best and changing with lack of clarity.

Communication- There was a lack of communication from senior management down to the center employee. There was a distinct lack of relaying the vision or the "why" of the company.

Career development- I know of employees that applied for promotions and given token interviews (not being put through the HR process) only for the hiring manager to hire someone from outside the company. They do a very poor job of developing and preparing their Managers for senior leadership roles. Most of my career development was done on my own.

Support for Customer Service- As an employee, your ability to help your clients and support them in their business is severely limited by the lack of corporate support. They run an antiquated ticket system which allows for clients issues to remain unresolved for months leading to a frustrating customer experience which you end of having to bridge the gap with your personality and constantly selling around the company's shortcomings.

Pressure sales- The daily emails, phone calls, and harassing even after hours at the end of the month are exhausting. You have to hit your number. (which most companies would consider a very big STRETCH goal) Then, at the beginning of the month next month, it starts again. It is very hard to remain consistent when you also have HR and operational responsibility for 4-6 locations.

- The company seems to be on a downturn. They keep cutting people and spreading the work force thin. The validation for this is through refined processes, but those processes create even more work for the team in the field.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, get rid of pivotal as a sales tool, and make a large investment in your technology and processes.

Showing 1,083 of 1,101 reviews