Regus Reviews | Glassdoor

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

1,222 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a clear work/life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Positive work environment, Great place to drive your goals (in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what's going on in the center's because managers lie to them in order to look good (in 84 reviews)

• Rules often create barriers to providing great customer service (in 49 reviews)

1. "Client Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, Health Benefits, Raises, M-F 830-5, Bonuses, continuous on the job training, Kind community, Holiday Parties, customer appreciation events

Cons

Busy Busy Phones, Occasional Rude clientele or clients of clientele, constant cleaning

Advice to Management

Loved them. Everyone was so nice.

2. "I was lucky enough to have a great team and managers, however..."

Former Employee - Community Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet great people (staff and clients), always something to do and something to learn.

Cons

Horrible pay, over-worked, unorganized, no transparency.

Advice to Management

Create actual training programs. Introduce new systems that actually work. Respond faster when a team member escalates a ticket. Give staff incentives.

"Regus has its good and bad"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros- Meeting new people
    Working with nice coworkers
    Managers understand work/life balance
    Decent pay for actual work assigned
    Medical Benefits

Cons

Operations is a nightmare
    Trying to help clients with billing issues take weeks and months to resolve
    Processes changing CONSTANTLY
    No real rhyme or reason for some of the changes
    They constantly take away tools that we need to do our jobs
    Billing, IT and Customer Service outsourced from the Philippines and the language barrier makes it impossible to get things resolved
    No room for advancement unless you want to do high pressure sales with no commission

Advice to Management

Have confidence in your managers to assist clients instead of fearing that you are losing money. You are losing more money and clients by providing poor customer service do to the managers inability to help the client and the length of time things take to get resolved.

"Must be willing to multitask and do various job roles at once"

I have been working at Regus part-time

Pros

Learn how to communicate in professional settings
    deal with customers on an everyday basis and how to properly deal with complaints
    room for mistakes and to learn from them
    each location has their own "spin or style" on how they execute standards

Cons

You're expected to do superior levels work
    poor or almost no upper-level guidance and communication
    Too much confusion for orders and duties coming from multiple people
    Upper-level management changes their minds constantly so has to be able to adapt quickly.
    low pay for what is involved in everyday duties and not enough recognition.

Feb 10, 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review.
    I am not sure of your role or where you are based, but you should arrange some weekly time with your line manager to go through your weekly priorities.
    Kind regards... More

5. "The Pros and Cons"

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

You really do get to learn how to run a business and wear a lot of hats, so you acquire a lot of different skills. Beautiful space to work in, great networking and each day is different.

Cons

The company itself doesn't seem to support operations much, and sales is running operations which doesn't always mesh well. The pay isn't great for the workload and duties assigned.

Advice to Management

N/A

Feb 1, 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Regus. All feedback is helpful to the business. Kind regards
    Nicola, Head of HR, UK Operations

6. "Dont work here"

I worked at Regus full-time

Pros

Salary is pretty good
    You get to meet possible future employers

Cons

Don't staff centers with enough people

Advice to Management

Worry more about your people and not the bottom line

7. "Being Undervalued & Underpaid Leaves Regus Undesirable!"

Former Employee - Community Associate
    Former Employee - Community Associate

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The clients are THE BEST part of working for Regus! - My peeps are what made me want to grow with the company (or at least try to). The clients are very respectful and show MUCH appreciation! Even the delivery people get to know you because you're upfront & center working the desk where everyone comes in. Sure there's stressful moments, but the joy of having a job that's designed to make people happy really gave me joy to go to each day! - Planning events & decorating offices was also quite enjoyable as we're encouraged to put our own spin on these. Giving tours and sharing about the products & services was quite fun as I got to help meet the needs of various businesses & individual people. The benefits are quite good, but unfortunately they don't pay the bills (except for my FSA). I miss my peeps.

Cons

Let's start with THE PAY...Even getting top-pay for a Community Associate position was about $10 LESS PER HOUR than what one should be paid for the same type of work. - Also, if you work at a super busy center, where the phones are non-stop, and meeting rooms & day offices are constantly filled, and offices need to be changed, move ins/outs keep happening, and there's so much to maintain (with only a staff of 2 or 3), YOU GET PAID THE SAME as someone working in a small center where the phones don't ring! - That wouldn't have been so bad, but REGUS STOPPED GIVING RAISES in lieu of quarterly-bonuses of MAYBE $150 every 3mos IF YOUR CLUSTER MEETS THEIR QUOTA OF SALES!! - Don't they know this is one reason people are dropping like flies??

Next, let's talk about POOR OPPORTUNITY and "false hope" for promotion &/or transfers. It's DEFINITELY not how the picture was painted for me when I interviewed having many years of office management experience & customer service. Instead in our area the Community Managers & even the Area Managers are being RECRUITED FROM OFF-THE-STREET (mostly from the fitness industry, it seems) not from within! - I truly believe that's because too many in the CA roles start seeing the true-colors of Regus and decide to leave before they get too vested! Also, one can't relocate and get transferred to another office, you have to APPLY LIKE AN OUTSIDER and aren't considered first! - Regus is NOT LOYAL TO THEIR EMPLOYEES, tho employees are what makes Regus who they are because of who we are to their clients!

And lastly, (without discussing the numerous & too frequent system changes that messes up operations), Regus's primary focus is SALES, SALES, SALES, to the point that the Area Managers are brought in as the "bosses" over the CA & CM, but then aren't good at being "managers" or team-builders, and most don't bother to learn operations because they are really SALESPEOPLE who don't make $$ being a boss over their team and building morale. - Because of this, and the HR being out of state, most employees feel very unsupported from the beginning (with lack of training) and throughout when we're not even given reviews or action plans to promote growth. (The going mantra AM's tell their team who inquire is "Become excellent at what you do, and then we'll talk." - Yeah, no, not so!)

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they're REALLY worth according to the area in which they live; pay competitively
    Offer opportunity 1st to current employees and groom them accordingly if they are still rough around the edges but want to be promoted.
    VALUE & GROW your center employees as much as possible, and you will have retention and a growing business.
    Know that it's NOT ALL ABOUT SALES, SALES, SALES because people (clients & employees) need to feel loyalty to them to remain loyal to YOU!
    Stop nickle-diming your clients and raising prices forcing them to move on! (Charging $9 to check someone's mail who calls on the phone is RIDICULOUS!)
    Change for the better....or die.

8. "Community Manager"

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place for networking

Cons

Low wage, clueless management, no room for growth, ridiculous quotas, ever-changing operations that are not properly communicated to employees which leads to a lot of confusion and frustration. Used to be a great place to work with tuition reimbursement, opportunities for growth, happy employees and staff. Once they decided to try to sell the company everything has gone downhill and the center team and clients are the ones that suffer.

Advice to Management

Start valuing your clients and employees.

Feb 10, 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review.
    There are some great training programmes on FUSE to help prepare for promotion, I am not sure where you are based, but we are also reviewing CM development requirements... More

"Great Shared Space Company"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Efficient company of professionals with great clientele and upscale office space for well deserving clients.

Cons

Some issues with billing and invoices for clients. There tends to be frequent errors in systems cause confusing and frustration with our loyal clients.

10. "Dynamic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office community I manage is directly influence by my enthusiasm and work ethic. The Regus flexible office products enable me to sell creatively to clients. It's thrilling to work with a start up business who's business products show up in local stores. It's thrilling to work with clients that say - "You helped us grow into that market." There is a clear work/life balance.

Cons

None - unless you object to working hard and enjoying the journey.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job of evolving work flows and business processes. The new tools are super and increase communication, keeping communications current and allowing center personnel to focus more on the clients.

Showing 1,222 of 1,243 reviews