Regus Reviews | Glassdoor

1,031 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,031 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Some managers will do just about anything to close a deal even if it is unethical - upper management will just look the other way (in 72 reviews)

• Hard to provide good customer service when you are stretched so thin (in 42 reviews)

"Fun job- corporate crap"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regus (More than a year)

Pros

Jack of all trades- every day is new. Constant interaction with brilliant people from all over the country, always work to be done, and learning experiences daily that can take you virtually anywhere you want to go in your career

Cons

Limited to no training whatsoever. No communication between locations and Managment/corporate (unless you're in trouble of course) and horrible turn over rate so you feel like you're always training a new person. The amount of work you do is not reflected in your pay and all incentives (bonuses) have been frozen. The AP department is ALWAYS late paying vendors which makes them put our work orders last every time and the IT department is in the Philippines so getting assistance in a timely manner is close to impossible.

Advice to Management

Find a way to connect more with your field staff and truly listen to their input. And please oh please stop insisting centers don't qualify for full time CA's. part time employees are not invested in the job or clients as much as full time employees are and it poorly impacts the NPS scores and all around moral of the center. And it makes scheduling a nightmare!

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job is very simple. Take care of the clients in your center, handle their accounts, billing issues, book meeting rooms, set up new account, handle mail, respond to emails, keep the center clean and looking good. Weekends off are great

Cons

Not a ton of room for growth, training could improve, no bonuses or perks. No annual raise. Only way to make more money is to move up. Constantly moving you from center to center each week confuses clients and issues get handled incorrectly

Advice to Management

Actually train people with people. Not the computer program. Give bonuses and incentives. Annual raise for faithful employees is a must and will create less turnover

"Community Associate"

Current Employee - Community Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Community Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekends/Holidays off..it's not retail. That's all I got

Cons

There are so many different systems that you have to learn and remember, it can get very chaotic. The phones never stop ringing and they make you do marketing...10 craigslist ads a day, so with that you have to stage the offices,they want you to take professional pictures of the rooms, you have to move heavy furniture, constantly clean the kitchen, do IT work cause Regus does not want to pay the IT folks to come out and fix the problem and you also have to create events for the office. The company use to have 4 to 6 people running an office, now its only 2 people. You never have a enough time to finish one project.....oh and you have to forward mail out for Virtual Office clients everyday. The pay is not worth it.

Advice to Management

HIGHER MORE EMPLOYEES!!! LEARN FROM WEWORKS!

"Good if you are into Sales"

Former Employee - CSR2 in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - CSR2 in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair bonuses and a good work environment.
    Ability to request transfer to a different business if you move. They have centers all over the country as well as around the world, so if you happen to move there is the possibility to transfer to a center in your new location.
    Some autonomy in how employees work which is great

Cons

Poor support for CSRs and managers at the Center level. Corporate office is heavily focused on expansion while minimizing costs, this leads to a multitude of center issues that employees are left to deal with. E.g phone or internet outages. Lack of necessary onsite technical support.
    Complicated billing process that confuses clients
    You are expected to be a jack of all trades, from answering phones, billing, collections, sales, IT, doing dishes, cleaning offices, moving furniture etc. If phones are left unattended as you deal with other center issues it becomes a huge problem.
    Too much pressure in sales

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

6. "Good pay for an easy working environment"

Current Employee - Community Associate in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Community Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Regus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of different people, self directed work environment

Cons

No leadership, no training, lots of changes

Advice to Management

Training, Keep it Simple!

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Dealing with constant change of services offered to clients.

Advice to Management

Pay scale should be the same in each job category.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very sales driven company- willing to change quickly to adjust to the market- great product and people.

Cons

You must be driven to excel and willing to adjust to changes in systems and process. If you are not detailed and flexible then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Yearly reviews are sporadic at best. You must fix this.

9. "Work climage"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

High caliber products and services and the industry leader.

Cons

Management was constantly changing direction and creating a frenzy within the operational direction in the field

Advice to Management

Decrease meetings and allow competent teams to follow through

10. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Regus part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was pretty good. There was always a lot to do which made the days go by faster. The clients were usually pretty nice and we got a lot of gifts of appreciation through out the year.

Cons

My boss was very strict about taking time off. She wanted AT LEAST a weeks notice before calling in. This was almost impossible considering I had a newborn with health problems and a 1 year old. I eventually resigned considering the burden it seemed to be to take time off. I left with good standing and now that my old boss is not with the company I am considering coming back.

Advice to Management

Passive aggressive emails are NOT OK. It is better to tell an employee something straight forward. Although the clients are very appreciative of all the work the CSRs do, the management seems very unappreciative. We were always overlooked. When a good job was done it seemed as though the upper management got all of the praise.

11. "Community manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the variety in what I do say to day. I have met a lot of nice people and made new connections

Cons

Not enough work to keep busy. Not enough clients on the center to keep busy. Co worker is not ideal.

Showing 1,031 of 1,047 reviews