Regus "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Regus Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 31, 2019

2.6
Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Exciting and Fast paced professional business with huge potential"

Current Employee - Area Director in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Regus for 5 years and I must say it is the best decision I could have made for my career. Regus is a performance based company that has achieved amazing growth in a relatively limited time. The support from upper management is better than any company I have ever been in. The individuals that I work with on a daily basis are some of the most driven and accomplished professionals I have ever had the privilege to work with. The culture is evolving and had made great strides in becoming more customer and employee centric. With the right focus and support, you are able to achieve a great work/life balance. Regus is a great company to work for with a bright future and an all-star team. In summary, there is strong support from management, competitive pay, flexibility, a dynamic environment, a performance based, and longevity.

Cons

There is constant change, some good and some bad. System upgrades and improvements are slow and slightly behind the current technology. This can lead to unnecessary time spent on manual processed or correcting mistakes made by automated processes.

Advice to Management

If you improve systems functionality it will solve several critical areas of the business and allow for better scalability

Regus2014-02-05

"Think twice"

Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members were nice at times

Cons

Upper management , billing system, hours

Regus2019-08-31

"Communication lacking—job roles constantly changing."

Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great atmosphere! Great clients that we work with everyday.

Cons

Communication is lacking from corporate and upper management. I am still learning after 5 years things I am suppose to be doing and had no clue because I was never shown nor told it was something I needed to do. Pay scale is not equal on the same levels within our community and it is highly felt.

Advice to Management

Review your employees and go into these centers you will find out that we at center level can do so much more for this company if you care to value us and stop treating us like Minimal wage employees. we are the backbone of the company and our pays should reflect that to all not just some.

Regus2019-07-31

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Regular hours, no weekends, evenings, or holidays

Cons

1)Bully culture from top to bottom. 2)No raises. They offer you just enough to entice but beware. That amount will never change - year after year after year no matter how great your reviews. If you ask for a raise, the response will be, "What? You want to be paid more money for doing the same job? Why would we do that?" 3)No opportunity unless you want to sell under high-pressure upper management and frequent threats of losing your job. 4)Policies and systems constantly change without warning.

Advice to Management

Value people. That is where the money comes from. "Get the money". Really? Despicable.

Regus2018-09-15

"Stop the Madness"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work Awesome clients Dynamic environment Fun job

Cons

Changes that make no sense Processes are too complicated Upper management doesn't care Frustration level is too high

Advice to Management

Make the processes consistent and make them work. Get rid of the hoops that team members have to jump through to get anything done.

Regus2018-08-02

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than a year

Pros

* As a Community Manager you can prioritize the work load * Pay is decent, but could improve * You have a coffee machine for unlimited coffee

Cons

* They have too many system issues & IT is overseas and not very efficient * Upper management is stuck on their own ways to do things * No room to grow unless you seek elsewhere * No very good 401 K benefits * Not flexible for PTO requests * Change on work methods & not having a good computer server to be efficient

Advice to Management

Train your Area Management with human resources & team building exercises. Upgrade your computer systems to be more efficient and therefore give you more earnings & avoid constantly changing work methods.

Regus2018-04-12

"Horrible Company!"

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team and colleagues is the only positive attribute this company has to offer.

Cons

Horrible upper management that does not care about the employees and certainly not the clients. In the years I worked for this company I've seen it transform from a company that seemed to care about the staff and clients to a company that only cared about the bottom line.....the almighty dollar. I'm so happy that I left this horrid company when I did!

Advice to Management

Why bother giving advice to the management as they don't care what employees had to say anyway!

Regus2017-10-24

"downward spiral- run from this company"

I have been working at Regus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

benefits are decent and more days off than a typical company

Cons

I have been in upper management with this company for longer than I care to say. I am embarrassed I have even stayed this long honestly. This company was great, once upon a time ago. The global leadership team has always "ruled with fear" but it has just gotten ridiculous as now we are not even compensated for enduring the constant verbal abuse. We had quarterly bonuses, they took them away. Then they came every half year...they took that away. They went to annual bonuses and only 5% of us made our bonuses last year. We did make pretty decent money a few years ago and now most of us have had a good 20% shaved off of our wallets by the end of the year, in comparison to two years ago. We have NO incentive to make sales better except a shrieking boss who yells at us nonstop about everything we do wrong, even if we have a good month. This abuse would have been tolerated with better pay...but no more. Who in the world would be motivated by the constant fear of losing our job? Yes Regus once was a pretty cool company as we were making money and sometimes had fun. Now, they do not see what all the negativity and belittling has done to us....we are repressed and angry. The whole company is just mad. Mad as in angry and mad as in crazy. I am so out of here and I hope everyone who reads this stays far away from this company. There are now some decent competitors who probably don't have shrieking negative dictatorship running it, and pay way better. This company will one day be standing here, with nobody but the highest level of management and their empty hands and nobody will be able to understand what happened. Stay away from the horrors at Regus. It really is a creepy place. And just in time for Halloween. Except this is neither a trick or treat working here. well, maybe a very twisted trick.

Advice to Management

stop yelling at us. We don't like it. stop threatening us...we are not going to try harder, we will just all go find other jobs.

Regus2017-10-05

"Terrible. Unless you like being micromanaged and a maid."

Community Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Regus

Pros

The CM I work with. I get a pay check. Experience to put on my resume. Nothing else is good about this place.

Cons

This place is awful. Managers don't know what's going on and when they do show their faces at the center they spend the time telling you things you already know. They also expect to do part of their job which is sales. Clients are disgusting, you're expected to clean up after them no matter what. Regus is constantly changing their terms so clients are stuck paying outrageous fee's and guess who has to deal with their rightful anger? We do. Upper management has no problem with us looking like real jerks to our clients.

Advice to Management

Learn how to hire proper managers.

Regus2017-10-03

"Excellent service offering, but often toxic culture"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Regus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regus does truly provide some good value to their clients, and in ways that (at least previously) were not replicated elsewhere in the industry.

Cons

Internally there is a distinct blame culture, as well as a knee-jerk management style. New initiatives would be rolled out, processes changed and then changed again before any results of the first change were seen. To survive, you must send appeasement up the chain - no matter the actual results, saying what upper management wanted to hear was more important.

Advice to Management

Actually measure the results from trial programs before launching them globally, or choosing not to. Put more emphasis on success and less on CYA efforts.

Regus2017-07-18