Rehab Management Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rehab Management President & CEO Vaniene Hardy
Vaniene Hardy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RMI stays current and up to date"

Pros

RMI Keeps us current in a changing rehab environment. I feel confident, working for RMI that I am up to date with changes in government regulations, and have been given a strategy to remain effective with pt care and policies needed to stay complient and stay employed. RMI allows more time for paperwork with lower productivity requirements than most companies to allow more time to be patient focused. I have worked for other companies that did not stay in business due to poor relationships with facilities and poor response to the changing rehab environment. I feel confident that management is staying on top of the game.

Cons

Distance between facilities and corperate offices make it difficult to connect together as a whole company.

Advice to Management

Great job

2. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

personal company, great home office staff, well compensated

Cons

none at this time. thanks

Advice to Management

none

3. "meh"

I have been working at Rehab Management part-time

Pros

nice office HQ and friendly (but frazzled) co-workers. Company offers dementia certification courses that help clinicians specialize.

Cons

disorganized rehab gyms, huge disconnect between culture at headquarters and local offices, rumors from day 1 of employment of getting fired within the first week if not meeting productivity standards, Rehab directors I interacted with were clearly burned out, high therapist turn over, lack of training on documentation system. Productivity productivity productivity shoved down employees throats without sufficient training to be productive. I wanted to like RMI but once out of the corporate office, things were generally a mess--no surprise at high turnover rate. I would not work for RMI again. HQ staff has the vision--the challenge is to let it trickle down and really get employees equipped to fulfill that vision.

4. "Good company"

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training especially for Department Heads. The also offer the opportunity to become a Certified Dementia Practitioner.

Cons

Most Department Head positions are not salaried.

Advice to Management

All of the Department Head positions should be salaried. Especially in times of low census.

5. "Fantastic place to work and build your career"

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RMI has been a great place to work. The company is devoted to providing extraordinary care and promotes a great work culture. The leadership is strong, transparent with goals and has a clear mission. RMI is passionate about long term care residents and services we provide to our aging population. The staff who work at RMI are passionate about their job.I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.

Cons

None. It is truly a very ethical company and I have worked for several companies in the last 18 years. This has undoubtedly been one of the best company to work for in terms of integrity , values and mission which they stand for. The challenges are varied and leave me satisfied.

6. ""Therapists grow and discover their talents""

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management are available directly to the therapists. Clinical programs are evidence based and pertinent to long term care needs and outcomes. Readily available clinical support. Owner of RMI is a Physical Therapist so she understands the needs of our patients as well as the therapists who serve them. The company realizes that we have life events and supports us through them. Therapists are able to have upward mobility and develop in areas of interest. Family and community focus and patient satisfaction.

Cons

Cost of benefits if choose to have optional short term disability.

Advice to Management

enhance 401K plan

7. "Clinical Resource Specialist"

Current Employee - OTR in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - OTR in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the privilege to work clinically and provide resources to all staff in their LTC clinics and departments. I love providing information to families on what is possible for their loved ones.

Cons

I have not experienced cons thus far in fact I was hired to expand the clinical role within RMI now having two Clinical Resource Specialists (one OTR, and the other a PT)

Advice to Management

Continue to provide such a strong commitment towards Clinical excellence at RMI

8. "Great Company"

Pros

RMI offers great support to seasoned and new therapists. Many resources available that allow us the opportunity to provide outstanding care to our patients. As a seasoned therapist I have grown in my clinical skills to appropriately identify and provide quality care for my residents regardless of payer source. I greatly appreciate the support from my company to always provide extraordinary care.

Cons

I have none at this time.

9. "Small Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Rehab Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly ethical organization that is clinician and patient focused. Offer a lot of professional development opportunities and promote from within whenever possible. Leadership has a very "open door" policy and everyone within the organization has a voice. Highly committed to process improvement and quality. Allow for flexible schedules.

Cons

Some nepotism. PTO is minimal and benefits are expensive.

Advice to Management

When unable to offer competitive salaries, enhancing benefit packages, like more PTO, can help with recruiting and retention.

"Think twice"

Pros

RMI has nice PTO once you can use it and benefit choices.

Cons

The company talks a good talk but does not follow through. The extraordinary rehab company is not so extraordinary. RMI does not provide the tools necessary for employees to do their jobs sufficiently. The end result is stress, lower pay and no work life balance. It's their way or the highway. Too many other opportunities with less stress not to consider. Very little continuing education offered and you must you your personal time off to attend. Increases small.