RehabCare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short
John H. Short

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexible schedule loving patient" (in 22 reviews)

• "This company offers good benefits" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "The point of service documentation on I-pads really took away from patient care" (in 32 reviews)

• "Also felt there was a lot of pressure from upper management to bill people in very high RUG levels, even when it was not very appropriate" (in 28 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good company"

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

Great benefits, many opportunities for advancement

Cons

Long hours, EMR is not reliable

Aug 7, 2018 – Manager of Online Reputation

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our employees are the center of our mission – we couldn’t do it without you!

2. "Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant"

I worked at RehabCare full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Too much politics when it comes to paperwork

Advice to Management

Patient care should be our focus

3. "Solid"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

The Benefits are not bad.

Cons

It is Tough to negotiate raises.

Mar 18, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our clinicians are the heart of our company.

4. "Good"

I worked at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good workplace to be at

Cons

None as such at my workplace

Mar 12, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - PTA
    Current Employee - PTA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits, Nationwide company so much room to move around

Cons

If your building loses a contract or census consistently falls, you may lose your position

Advice to Management

INSTEAD OF TERMINATING EMPLOYEES WHEN CONTRACTA ARE LOST, CONVERT EMPLOYEES TO PER DIEM SO THEY CAN HELP
    FILL IN AT ITHER BYILDINGS AND NOT LOSE ANY SENORITY WHILE LOOKING FOR A FT POSITION WITHIN THE COMPANY. ALSO, SNF AND LTACH STAFFING COORDINATORS NEED TO SPEAK WITH EACH OTHER!!!! SNF AND LTACH SIDES HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE OTHER SIDE NEEDS STAFFING WISE!

Mar 1, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive.

"Don't expect a raise when you get your CCC's!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think this is one of the more ethical companies. If you have a great DOR it will be a good experience!

Cons

NO raises... ever. Very poor benefits.

Feb 27, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

"Overall a good company"

Current Employee - COTA/L in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Rarely ever get a raise. Using a company issued iPad mini that is an older model that has a bad battery & wont keep a charge.

Advice to Management

Give annual raises, if employee has done their job.

Feb 14, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience. Every member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

"Speech Therapist"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ceu reimbursement is a plus.

Cons

No appreciation or raises. Ever. Not a patient centered company, too focused on money.

Feb 1, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. We can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at... More

9. ":("

Former Employee - Wellness Coordinator/Assistant Administrator/Program Director
    Former Employee - Wellness Coordinator/Assistant Administrator/Program Director

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are world wide so transferring could be available if needed

Cons

Not the company it once was. It has gotten so big that it forgot about the good things that made it great. They don't do much training and they don't listen to the employees. I get a company has to make monet to keep going but it's sadly just about the money now. You take care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Advice to Management

You take care of your employees and they will take care of you. CLosing interviews. Actually go talk to the employees, communicate, hear what they have to say.

Feb 12, 2019 – Manager of Online Reputation

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you.

"Run away from Rehabcare"

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Arlington, TX

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff of therapists that I worked with were the only highlight of working for RehabCare

Cons

-no support given
    -unreasonable, gave me a hard time when trying to use PTO that I have
    -forced me to use PTO when hours were low
    -when I tried to Express my concerns to management that got me no where. So when I reached out to corporate I got into trouble for "not going up the proper chain of command". But the company has an open door policy meaning I don't have to go to the chain of command.
    -i was unfairly targeted once I questioned the practices of the company. I let my regional boss know of things that were being done that were unethical and was met with hours being cut and the company bringing in other therapists from other building ad a way of punishing me for trying to do what right.
    -corporate pushes RUG levels. They do not take the therapist recommendation into account. Placed every patient at 90 and sometimes over 100 mins! I am sorry but 100+ mins of therapy for a 90+ year old with a broken hip is just mean and cruel. And when the therapist don't get those ridiculously high minutes on patients, managers go basically scare or berate the patient into doing the missing therapy minutes. It's sad that what Rehabcare cares about is the money not the patients. I brought up several unsafe conditions and nothing was done about it because it would have taken away profits from the company.
    -when an option came open for a management position, several people who already worked for the company applied and the person chosen has less than 1 year of experience as a therapist. This person was chosen over 3 other candidates all of whom had been therapists for 5+ years. The therapy team being lead by a new grad just out of school is ridiculous when other more experienced therapists demonstrated interest.
    -so much gossiping. A regional manager once sat with me and told me how she thought the current boss was sucking at her job and told me a bunch of this persons personal business. Totally unprofessional.
    -worked for the company for 3 years and never got a raise.

Advice to Management

Be ethical, treat staff Iike human beings and like professionals. PUT THE PATIENTS NEED FIRST!