RehabCare Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2021

2.9
RehabCare CEO Benjamin Breier (no image)
Benjamin Breier
Pros
  • "PCA account, PTO, flexible schedule(in 29 reviews)

• "Friendly staffs and good benefits(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Rarely offered pay raise even to therapists who had been there 5(in 91 reviews)

• "Upper management only concerned about productivity(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of RehabCare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jan 30, 2021 - Physician in Southborough, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a pleasure to work there

Cons

I need to move to Germany

2. 3.0

Average contract rehab company

Jun 9, 2021 - Rehabilitation Director in Raleigh, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility was the biggest pro.

Cons

Communication was the biggest con

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unethical

Jun 2, 2021 - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) in Fishkill, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

good teamwork and continuing education

Cons

Awful management and unethical practices encouraged for company profit

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Would never recommend company but the client was fantastic

Aug 2, 2020 - Program Assistant in Sarasota, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hours were not bad after I stopped working past my part time hours. Learned a lot from some therapists but unfortunately they are also no longer with company. I had a very good relationship with the client, patients, and residents. Who knows maybe in the future I’ll just get a job directly with client since they know my work ethic and advocated for me a few times.

Cons

Discrimination/racism (a few of the client’s minority employees asked me about this), hostile work environment(for a period until PD was forced to do her job after one of our best therapist resigned), no raise ever, favoritism, no support from PD, denied multiple times full-time hrs/benefits in the 2+ yrs with company even when I spent numerous weeks working 35+ hrs/wk, training was basically nonexistent told to figure it out, was advised by therapists to be careful with reporting non-compliance issues because mgmt would retaliate, had to basically manage office which included scheduling, assisting therapists, my own job duties & tons of paperwork, PD was constantly out on vacation or sick

1 person found this review helpful

Manager of Online Reputation

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Chris B.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Going through change

Jan 28, 2021 - Physical Therapist Assistant in Savannah, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Basics needs met. Started at good salary. Lost $2 per hour and retirement benefits with sale of company.

Cons

Pay cut and hourly rate vs salary.

6. 5.0

company purchased by Select Rehab

Jan 5, 2021 - Physical Therapist Assistant in Wheaton, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

RehabCare was a great company to work for because of the opportunities to continue to improve your skills and advance

Cons

Company was purchased by another company and lay offs occurred

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be a great company

Nov 8, 2020 - Staff Therapist in Santa Rosa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO, Good medical benefits, 401 k company matching, PCA for work clothes/ shoes

Cons

Poor management, all about the money, poor training, overworked, pay was decreased by 10% apparently because of the pandemic ( which does not make sense ), no salary increase, poor DOR leadership, no sense of family , poor values, poor life work balance

2 people found this review helpful

Manager of Online Reputation

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Chris B.

8. 3.0

Review

Jan 2, 2021 - Occupational Therapist in Hopkinsville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, Training of employees

Cons

Pushed high productivity, pushed high patient caseload despite buildings poor ability to get new admissions

9. 5.0

Yayy

Dec 30, 2020 - Physical Therapist Assistant in Chandler, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, good people, good boss, good pay

Cons

-low pay -long hours -lots of sick people -lots of hard hard work

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Talented therapists. No raises, no acknowledgement of high quality care by upper management. You are a number.

Apr 10, 2020 - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers, fairly user-friendly EMR, generous reimbursement for professional needs, clinical coaching program, great local leadership

Cons

Never had a single raise in 5 years, and maybe 2 total performance reviews. Minimal opportunities for advancement. Constant emphasis on high productivity standards, especially since PDPM, that causes unnecessary stress for talented clinicians who provide high quality care. Unapproachable and unreasonable upper management who are uninterested in professional development especially if it impacts productivity.

7 people found this review helpful

RehabCare Response

We’d love to learn more about your experience. We know your input is critical to any potential improvements we need to make. Please reach out to us at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 570 Reviews

Popular Careers with RehabCare Job Seekers

Physical Therapist
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Physical Therapist Assistant
    Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - PRN
    Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
    Learn About the Job
    Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)