RehabCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short
John H. Short

Pros
Cons
  • It seems that the quality of patient care has been cast aside (in 26 reviews)

• Recently paid 125 million in fines but still a lot of pressure from upper management to always be billing patients (in 24 reviews)

1. "Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - OTR in Myerstown, PA
    Former Employee - OTR in Myerstown, PA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, okay facility. Decent amount of available equipment. Loved my patients and co-workers.

Cons

Next to no orientation. All they are concerned about is making money, even if it means providing services that are not necessary or appropriate. Horrible treatment of employees. Several of my co-workers had cried by the way they were treated. Zero communication from MPD. I will never work for this company again. Values are awful

RehabCare Response

Apr 21, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients. Providing your ... More

"Rehabcare"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Castro Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Castro Valley, CA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facility was lovely for the most part, nice people to work with, clean and management was fair.

Cons

The company is only concerned about the bottom line, does not care about employees or residents at the facility. They only care if they are making money. The company took away all benefits without telling the employee at one point. Then rather than helping to find a way to remain full time, blamed the employee. They just let go most of the experienced therapists and are hiring new grads or assistants to save money.

Advice to Management

I think Baywood should cancel their contract with Rehabcare and get a new company for rehab. I would word for this facility again but never for Rehabcare and I would warn experienced therapists away from them. I have always had stellar reviews from all of my managers until this company.

"Worst job I've had, run away!"

Former Employee - COTA/L in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - COTA/L in San Diego, CA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some fellow co-workers great to work with. Clean working environment, good to fair equipment.

Cons

Poor management when I worked there. It's all about keeping the Rug levels. No raises or constructive criticism offered. Most fellow co-workers were great to work with but a minority were cold and non-supportive when I was fresh out of school and needing some guidance.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your employees. Offer mentorships to new, fresh grads.

"Fraudulent Company - care more about insurance money than patients"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Framingham, MA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers - management - the worst I have ever seen

Cons

Management sees patients as dollar signs - still haven't learned their lesson after 125 million dollar lawsuit - it won't be the last law suit I am sure of that - Have no problem picking up inappropriate patients - they love the Med A patients and 75 minute treatments even if they are on the verge of death - Criminal

Advice to Management

Have some ethics you are being watched and you will be found out .

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

The good staff leave when they can!

Cons

One of the greediest companies you will find in health care. Productivity is insane as they push added paperwork that is just repetitive information. The time spent with patients is almost entirely spent documenting. They only use therapists for evaluations, progress notes, UPOC, and discharges. Rarely do therapists see their patients. Holidays and weekends become non existent. Staff burnout is HIGH! Raises are rare. Don't be fooled acute and ARU settings are just as bad. The field staff support the lifestyles of the corporate staff.

Advice to Management

Top heavy, you don't appreciate your staff, the clients or the patients. The $$ is all you care about.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - SLP in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - SLP in Martinsville, VA

Pros

Flexible schedule, usually got 40 hours a week at my location until recently

Cons

Very poor management, my regional actually attempted to bully us into providing medically unnecessary evaluations, they met any unreasonable or unethical demand the facility placed on them because the facility is the customer and not the pt. SZt literally had two packs of photo cards and no other materials to work with. Management lied to multiple coworkers about getting them raises, bringing in other therapists to help out, and pulled out of sponsoring one therapists work visa s month before the application was due. I finally quit when they hired a third SLP to try and force us to pick up more pts.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in ethics, uphold your employees rights and your pts rights.

"Not a good company to work for period. Greedy and disgusting come to mind. No star rating."

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Liberty Lake, WA
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Liberty Lake, WA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, none, none and none. Co workers and the poor, poor, poor pts and that's it folks. There really are no company pros honestly except for the hard working employees and the patients.

Cons

The cons u are squished in a tiny, tiny, tiny room with 8 other therapists plus an aide or two. No comforts allowed. You bearly fit in this sweat lodge and everyone is miserable and infighting is at its worst The biggest unethical company that treats employees like slaves, patients as meal tickets, no updated equipment everything is broke, no wound care equip for patients. High level acuity patients with 1 cg and 1 nurse to 20 patients. You need help with a patient forget it, you'll not find one cause if and when they get a break they hide. Don't blame em. Oh and breaks zero. They do not provide therapists with a break. All documentation is from the dinosaur days on iPads that clock you down to the minute. So if you end up using the bathroom you must explain why there is "down time". I've seen other writings exactly like this and they give 3 stars?? Are you kidding me???? The sorriest situation of this is the patients. They get no say in their care. My advice to people who stay here is know your rights. You have a right to refuse and if they kick you out???Lucky you. Evaluations are documented on patients dime. They keep med A patients until their money runs out once med b they could care less unless wait, unless they are slow. Then they'll take these poor souls down to rehab some unconscious mind you and make them work.by God. They need the money. Oh and the benefits? This company will reel you in with lies. Then they start taking time off away. Good luck finding out about health benefits cause they hide it too. And when you do find out? It ain't pretty. You'll pay a high premium for catastrophic insurance and if you get ill to make up for it no you can't use PTO time cause by the time you understand what's up they've taken it away so lucky you, you get to work the weekend to make it up. Burn out city!!! All this for a graduate degree.?? This is not rated even at one star. And if you continue to read repeats of this over and over again chances are it's reliable. Oh and the lawsuit in 2016 wasn't for chump change it was for 125 million dollars people. If they don't care about paying that. Why I ask would they listen to you???

Advice to Management

If you have to work in a place like this! They leave you no choice but to start a union!!!! If your a union state that is, but you can picket free country and all with that graduate or doctorate degree in hand. They don't care about my, yours, or anyone's advice. They care only about the money on the backs of their employees and their poor, poor, poor patients. Enough is enough. And enough said. You know the score.

"Former PD"

Former Employee - Program Director - Physical Therapist in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Program Director - Physical Therapist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great local team and clinicians willing to do the extra for patients. Large company so you feel confident that bills will be paid.

Cons

You have to drink the cool-aide to maintain support from upper management. Will say anything to hit RUGs, staff a facility for the day. Very poor morale towards management. Many team members had not had raises in multiple years.

"COTA/L"

Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Forest Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Forest Lake, MN

I have been working at RehabCare (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is easy to get hired.

Cons

Only care about the money, not what is best for the patient. You are just another number to them. Keep raising the productivity requirements. Major law suit against them.

"Don't Work Here"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Houston, TX

Pros

Scheduling is flexible; if you are not able to come in one day during the week, you are able to come in on the weekend to avoid using PTO.

Cons

Generally unethical practices; this company was just recently ordered by the DOJ to pay out $125 million for Medicare fraud.