RehabCare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
RehabCare President, CEO, and Director John H. Short
John H. Short

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule with leaving for appointments during the day (in 20 reviews)

• Great co-workers who believe in what they do and work hard to keep their skills up to date including the latest technology/therapy techniques (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It seems that the quality of patient care has been cast aside (in 27 reviews)

• Recently paid 125 million in fines but still a lot of pressure from upper management to always be billing patients (in 25 reviews)

1. "Unrealistic Expectations"

Former Employee - SLP in Auburn, NY
    Former Employee - SLP in Auburn, NY

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

excellent co-workers, nice facility, benefits

Cons

Never get a raise with no justification, Unpredictable work days , management focused only on productivity, lack of team approach and training specific to departments, not family oriented, constantly short-staffed, and unable to use PTO without covering for self.

Advice to Management

Should work harder to implement changes with upper corporate management to discontinue policies which engender working off- the- clock to meet unrealistic expectations. Should try to look beyond the short term productivity to see long-term benefits of an employee and family friendly work place.

2. "Program Director"

I worked at RehabCare full-time

Pros

Big company; opportunity for advancement

Cons

need to know how to play work politics to climb the ladder, lot of discrimination, not enough management support

Advice to Management

support and care for your employees or you loose good ones have bunch of political people running the company

3. "pta"

Pros

big company, a variety of benefits

Cons

big company, slow to make changes or give raises

4. "Didn't feel valued"

I worked at RehabCare full-time

Pros

I enjoyed working with the patients on my caseload and with my fellow coworkers. The hourly pay was decent and they offered multiple insurance options.

Cons

Employees felt like they were micromanaged with strict productivity requirements. Employees also didn't feel valued. In fact, it felt as if the company was more concerned about profit than they were about their employees well-being. This is ultimately why I left.

5. "Not the worst but not the best"

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, fair flexibility in schedule, decent PTO/vacation

Cons

No raises in years (despite huge profits), mediocre benefits, questionable upper management, numbers and profit driven

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention, morale and appreciation

Aug 2, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We value all employee feedback and utilize it to support our mission. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com Providing... More

6. "They only care about the bottom like"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR help desk and IT is very helpful.

Cons

Area Director didnt value staff enough to get to know them or speak with them directly. They only cared about money and the bottom line.

They dont give bonuses or raises.

Jul 28, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients and residents. I can be... More

"Bottom Lines over Quality Care"

I worked at RehabCare full-time

Pros

Good Customer Service via Hub

Cons

My recommendation is to find inhouse therapy or smaller companies that are better micromanaged. You may not get as many benefits but at least you will feel like a valued employee and not just a number that needs to meet numbers.

Advice to Management

Rethink your model

Jul 25, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. If... More

8. "Culture of Bullying from regional level up."

Current Employee - PTA in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - PTA in Houston, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-worker. I believe because we all feel like we are trapped on the same boat, adversity makes us closer. Says I need a minimum of 20 words but I literally have no more "pros".

Cons

Middle management (especially at regional level) are bullies, far to prevalent, and way too focused on numbers (productivity, point of service, and percentages code usage) that have a severely adverse effect on patient care and employee moral. If you are in Houston area SNF/ALF you know who I am talking about. To make matters worse they do pander to suck ups who are generally the worst at therapy. Finally hypocrisy is rampant making employees attest that they do not partake in certain behaviors, but then making it impossible not to (and providing means for them to do so)

Advice to Management

Stop bullying your PDs/CCs with your "trends". Stop pandering to your chosen few. Regionals try working a week at one of your facilities under the framework you yourself set up.

Jul 25, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

"Therapy"

Former Employee - Therapist in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Therapist in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice recruiting but then you get there & it all changes. Benefits are average but they are all taken by your paycheck when your not getting your hours.

Cons

I would consider this fraud at the worst. You see people who don't need therapy, longer than you should, can't discharge when they have met their goals. Make you revert even though not needed. High turnover rate of staff & you don't get paid for documentation time.

Advice to Management

Quit doing HomeCare you don't know what your doing.

Jul 22, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

10. "Dissatisfied"

Current Employee - OTR in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - OTR in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I don't have an answer. There aren't many pros. Health insurance isn't very good and 401 isn't very good at all.
    Training needs to be done for the CNAs to get the patients out of bed more.

Cons

Hardly any yearly raises and very small when you are given a raise.They need to emphasize getting the patients out of bed more and train the CNAs to do that. Patients need to be kept cleaner.

Advice to Management

It's a shame it's all about productivity.

Jul 17, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation