RehabCare Reviews | Glassdoor

RehabCare Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • It seems that the quality of patient care has been cast aside (in 26 reviews)

• Recently paid 125 million in fines but still a lot of pressure from upper management to always be billing patients (in 24 reviews)

"Fraudulent Company - care more about insurance money than patients"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Framingham, MA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers - management - the worst I have ever seen

Cons

Management sees patients as dollar signs - still haven't learned their lesson after 125 million dollar lawsuit - it won't be the last law suit I am sure of that - Have no problem picking up inappropriate patients - they love the Med A patients and 75 minute treatments even if they are on the verge of death - Criminal

Advice to Management

Have some ethics you are being watched and you will be found out .

2. "PTA"

Current Employee - PTA in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - PTA in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with a great team. Flexible hours.

Cons

No increase in salary. High productivity expectations. Benefits are expensive for family. Such a large company that provides health care should be able to make healthcare more affordable for their employees.

Advice to Management

Concentrate more on customer service than productivity

"Good for new grads"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, co workers are great and patients make it a rewarding experience. Hours are pretty good, management are flexible with schedules.

Cons

Dealing with the understaffed nursing department is absolutely horrible, you will be required to do CNA work in order to bring your patients to therapy.

Advice to Management

Value your employees who work hard and provide better orientation for new hires.

5. "DO"

Former Employee - COTA/Rehab Manager in Redwood Falls, MN
    Former Employee - COTA/Rehab Manager in Redwood Falls, MN

I worked at RehabCare (More than 5 years)

Pros

family orienter workplace many branches nationwide, so flexable to move if needed pay if good depending on where your are working what town and what setting

Cons

managment not very helpful and continues turn over, work for company by actually work else where thattakes some addjuasting too

Advice to Management

work with new hires make sure they do not feel alone in the fast pace environment educate on all paperworlk and computer usege be mindful of answering calls and or texts.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I have been working at RehabCare full-time

Pros

The good staff leave when they can!

Cons

One of the greediest companies you will find in health care. Productivity is insane as they push added paperwork that is just repetitive information. The time spent with patients is almost entirely spent documenting. They only use therapists for evaluations, progress notes, UPOC, and discharges. Rarely do therapists see their patients. Holidays and weekends become non existent. Staff burnout is HIGH! Raises are rare. Don't be fooled acute and ARU settings are just as bad. The field staff support the lifestyles of the corporate staff.

Advice to Management

Top heavy, you don't appreciate your staff, the clients or the patients. The $$ is all you care about.

"Terrible"

Former Employee - SLP in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - SLP in Martinsville, VA

Pros

Flexible schedule, usually got 40 hours a week at my location until recently

Cons

Very poor management, my regional actually attempted to bully us into providing medically unnecessary evaluations, they met any unreasonable or unethical demand the facility placed on them because the facility is the customer and not the pt. SZt literally had two packs of photo cards and no other materials to work with. Management lied to multiple coworkers about getting them raises, bringing in other therapists to help out, and pulled out of sponsoring one therapists work visa s month before the application was due. I finally quit when they hired a third SLP to try and force us to pick up more pts.

Advice to Management

Train your managers in ethics, uphold your employees rights and your pts rights.

"COTA"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Adrian, MI
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Adrian, MI

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Patients were fun to work with and enjoyed working with Therapy team. I loved watching the patients meeting goals (making progress) and able to get them to a point where they can manage at home.

Cons

Poor Management skills and lack of communication which led to misinterpretation. Management assumed you were guilty before innocent. The productivity was unrealistic for facility I worked at and productivity expectation was always the focus with management. In order to have productivity to work well you have to have your nursing staff on your side.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and get your nursing staff to work with you and help nursing staff understand the goals that your therapy team trying to accomplish.

9. "speech therapist"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Boston, MA

Pros

It is good company to work for

Cons

The company lost the contract

10. "Licensed PTA"

Current Employee - Licensed PTA of 18 Years in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed PTA of 18 Years in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have the best coworkers and DOR ever!

Cons

Very stressful and high paced

"Wouldn't recommend"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Media, PA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Media, PA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice culture with direct coworkers, direct supervisor is a big reason why I stay. Flexible work hours (I work a flex schedule)

Cons

Upper management sets impossible policies and is borderline unethical. Benefits not very good. Often hires new grads over seasoned employees because they don't want to pay them. This makes a group of people who are all new and have no guidance. Constantly feel like it's upper management vs. therapists. Lacks that feeling of unity.

Advice to Management

Policies created at the top do not necessarily translate well at the bottom.