RehabCare Reviews | Glassdoor

RehabCare Reviews

Updated October 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule with leaving for appointments during the day (in 20 reviews)

• Great co-workers who believe in what they do and work hard to keep their skills up to date including the latest technology/therapy techniques (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It seems that the quality of patient care has been cast aside (in 27 reviews)

• Recently paid 125 million in fines but still a lot of pressure from upper management to always be billing patients (in 26 reviews)

"Good but not great"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great resources for continuing education. Really enjoy the team of therapists that I work with.

Cons

Medical Insurance Plan is expensive and not impressive. No additional pay for working holidays or weekends.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial for you to offer incentives for working holidays and weekends. Also, 5 years without a raise is a long time.

Jun 1, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored by your service.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
    Current Employee - Wellness Coordinator in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great. The people you work with can be a bit testy but friendly for the most part. Lots of freedom with teaching classes your own way and scheduling private clients.

Cons

Pay is very low for the amount of time spent with clients even when caseload is high. They are always pushing for more and more people when there are only so many hours in the day.

May 2, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored by your service.

"Great coworkers but upper management treats you as a number"

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used ipad Mini for documentation
    Paid timely without problems
    Offered HSA with credit card for ease of use

Cons

Health plan not very good, high copays and out of pocket costs
    Management unrealistic about therapy standards, productivity
    Not enough sites to pad hours when SNF was low
    Forced to switch sites to an hour away from home but when hired facility was 15 minute commute, once home site was moved there was no compensation for drive time or mileage

Advice to Management

treat employees like they are valued people, not machines. Realize work is important but people have families and there is a balance between the two.

Jun 20, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with us. We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of caring for our patients and residents. I can... More

"therapist"

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

direct manager was flexible, coworkers were pleasant and helpful

Cons

1. regional managers micromanage direct managers and never ask for input from direct managers. 2. Managers make taking PTO very hard even if you have PTO hours. 3. Management makes drastic changes with no notice. 4. Management doesn't value employees, only management 5. direct manager have no say in hiring new employees. company hires more staff then needed which leads to hours being cut and employees being sent to other facilities. 6. No raises offered with no explanation. how can we be in a "pay freeze" if managers are getting bonuses and raises? 7. room for advancement is minimal to none unless you know who to suck up to. I have mentioned to management that I would be interested in learning management and the company even advertises a management track however no one seems to know how to start this track.

Advice to Management

allow direct managers to have more say so with their staff. treat employee with some level of respect and consideration. Company prides itself on being flexible with time however the complete opposite is true.

May 18, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience while working with us. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that our employees are critical to our success in upholding our mission... More

"Go for a higher pay."

Current Employee - Occpational Therapy Assistant/COTA in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Occpational Therapy Assistant/COTA in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible and I like SOME of the therapist. My boss is really nice and understanding. The patients are really nice and the gym is a nice size.

Cons

I was low balled on my salary. I am not a fan of the iPads and the productivity levels are extremely high (90%). We are not able to buy basic things.Ex: Boifreeze, long handle reachers, theraband, theraputty, or shoe horns. Also, as a new grad, I still have a lot I need to learn and I am not here. They pretty much threw an iPad in my hand, told me to keep my productivity level high, and pushed me out the gym.

Apr 25, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience working with RehabCare. We value all feedback and utilize it to support our mission. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com Providing... More

"horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RehabCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are very few good reasons, if any, if you're lucky you'll have nice coworkers. IF you're lucky...

Cons

There are many. This company only cares about money and it is painfully obvious despite their efforts to prove otherwise. Disgusting. They shamelessly pressure employees to commit fraud in order to increase reimbursement. If you decide to accept a position with this company WATCH OUT because they will not hesitate to ask you to perform services that would be considered fraudulent. Absolutely awful. This company also has a habit of hiring the first therapist/assistant who walks through the door and has adequate qualifications. They also value seniority entirely too much. I can say personally that I was forced to work with PTAs that were extremely difficult to work with. not to hate against PTAs but please a 2 yr associates degree is NO comparison to a PT degree. To have a PTA promoted to a supervisory position with PTs beneath them is absurd. Once the PTA I worked with was promoted to this godawful position my life became a living nightmare. I am a PT and I have never felt so disrespected in my life due to this exact situation. Please do not allow PT ASSISTANTS to be clinical coordinators or rehab directors!!!!

This company does not respect merit or furthering education, remember this is a contract company. All this company cares about is making money, which is why they have no problem pressuring therapists to commit fraud. I would not assume that they will take any hits if an audit is performed, if you "screw up" via committing fraud and getting caught I would guess that you would be simultaneously charged with fraud and terminated as an employee of Rehabcare. Yea. Think about what I just said before you waste your time with this revolting company. If you think you can handle what I just described, go for it and good luck.

So, basically the question you should ask yourself is, do YOU want to work for a company that does things such as what I described above?!?

Advice to Management

You're all some of the worst people I've ever met. I have no clue how this company managed to dig up so many nasty and manipulative people to put in these management positions. My message to management is:
    STOP letting financial issues lead the way you manage your rehab department, this will most likely result in lawsuits and hatred towards you. I know "your higher ups" are telling you to tell your therapists to "go above and beyond with this, that, and the other thing..." in order to increase productivity for the REGION. Yea you heard me, not even for your facility, but you'll be ASKED point blank to attempt to "make up" for gaps in productivity of therapists that you don't even know!!!! Maybe I am just selfish but I just do not believe I should feel pressured to pick up that sort of slack.

management, get it together or get out of healthcare. please. all you're doing is cheating patients and putting your employees at risk for litigation. I, personally, am so pleased to be free of this monster of a company.

7. "Physical Therapist"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Benefits, good team, flexibility in work hours, location, availability of prn help, electronic documentation, drive time from home, that's all

Cons

High Productivity, low rate, not being able to take time off without the availability of pto, required to work Saturday rotation

8. "speech therapist"

Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Speech-Language Pathologist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at RehabCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, flexible hours, am able to make clinical decisions as appropriate

Cons

typical corporation - productivity expectations are irritating, documentation is incredibly frustrating; other frustrations are facility-related, not directly related to RehabCare

Apr 21, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

"It's complicated."

Current Employee - COTA/L in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at RehabCare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was steady for a few years and I got to know the staff pretty well. Is that 20 words? The old rehab mgr was awesome at the psych place.

Cons

A new mgr started late last year when his predecessor quit. Shortly thereafter, I began noticing that other PRN staff were being hired and getting their own tablets and resetting the password so it was taking awhile for me to find a tablet I could clock in with and use. Since I was the oldest PRN (in terms of length of employment), I requested my own and the manager told me no one should have their own, the password should not be changed, etc. The problem continued.

Then I was getting texts asking me where I was as I didn't show up for work. The schedule was either assigned via text or written on the office calendar a month in advance. This method worked great for three years until the new mgr took over. All I could say was that it wasnt written down and I had no text. I actually began taking pictures of the calendar, thinking pergahaphhaps I was 'losing it.'

On indeed.com, rehabcare had a prn opening at a nearby facility. I called HR and asked why I wasn't asked to work. No direct answer but I started working at the other facility PRN. Again, on indeed.com, rehabcare had a prn opening at a nearby facility. I called HR and asked why I wasn't asked to work at THAT place. I was told my question would be forwarded. I'm still waiting on an answer six months later. The first place with the new mgr? They cancelled all of my hours last December. I suspect it was and is age discrimination. I saw the younger ones coming in and getting their own tablets, desks.. I should have known but I guess I went into denial mode.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure a good therapist should be defined by their age. Other qualifications should maybe be considered. It would be nice if the prn staff could all use the same tablets with the same password. I personally have never worked anywhere PRN where select PRN staff had their own personalized tablets. HR is just messed up: never a straight answer.. just a lot of excuses and phone transfers. And their turnaround time (SIX MONTHS!!!!) is nothing short of ridiculous.

May 23, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation

10. "It was just ok"

I worked at RehabCare full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the therapists I worked with.

Cons

The new managers who came in were closed minded

Advice to Management

Management was not open to ideas or concerns

Apr 13, 2017 – Manager of Online Reputation