RehabVisions Reviews | Glassdoor

RehabVisions Reviews

4.2
Joel Larmore

"A workplace to call home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at RehabVisions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring, concerned and involved owners and management team!
    Incredibly flexible in scheduling
    Patient-focused first and foremost, refreshing in this day and age!
    Supportive of all employees, especially those interested in enhancing their careers
    Generally looking to promote from within
    Very fair pay and benefits
    Reasonable productivity expectations
    Highly supportive of continuing education opportunities, many in-house with other company employed practitioners attending and leading classes!
    Long term employees, once hired people tend to stay with RehabVisions
    Perm or travel options available through a sister company
    they don't take themselves too seriously and actually make coming to work fun!

Cons

Most perm locations in rural markets of 5,000 - 50,000...... fine for me but not for all :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing RehabVisions!
    Find more locations!

2. "SLP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucumcari, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucumcari, NM

I worked at RehabVisions full-time

Pros

Very nice facility, patient population very good, eager to work, easy to work with. Hospital staff helpful across departments. Good pay and compensation, own office space, technology problematic on occasion, but easily fixed by IT. Assessments and materials ordered in timely manner. Computers new and in good working condition. The company has the right idea regarding patient care. Many of therapists have worked together for several years, good working environment with laughter and general good will. Great need for SLP in area, high interest in patient caseload. Patients call and leave messages, (no contact clause in contract) saying how much I helped them, and want me back. Makes one feel good about the services they provided. Very good job, especially if you have experience in medical SLP, and have supports.

Cons

Small facility, everyone knows everyone can lead to serious issues at times. DOR very hard working, not accessible when needed for guidance. Training very limited, program under development. Consulting with DOR regarding appropriate patient care very difficult (very busy PT- limited guidance, limited feedback) No SLP mentoring at the time of my employment, differences in therapy session times and billing not understood by SLP, DOR, when decreased via guidance from Nebraska resulting in a no win. Patients wanted more service time, word of mouth spread for referrals. Helps to be familiar with demographics of community. Possible lack of communication between SLP, DOR and home office. SLP not the money maker, a "support service". Caseload varies, not a full time position as program growing.

Advice to Management

Training, mentors, supports, clarity of role, goals of company to therapists. Difficult to make something work if you can't communicate clearly and effectively with the people you work with. More support to the therapists, training, tech training, troubleshooting, etc. all of that can't fall to therapist who is very busy PT and DOR who is limited in their knowledge regarding another discipline (billing, evaluations, CMS, treatment time variations).

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at RehabVisions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very well run company, truly honest and nice CEO/COO, good management team, for the most part.

They will always have your back. Good opportunities for advancement, they like to promote from within.

This is the best contract therapy company I know of.

I would go back to work with them at any time, if the opportunities were in desirable locations (see below)

Cons

Most contracts/facilities are rural. This makes it difficult to recruit and retain employees. Many employees take the initial offer because of the sign on bonus and then hit the road as soon as their commitment is over. If the company had at least a few contracts in desirable locations, it would be a lot easier to retain employees, because they would have at least some hope of advancing within the company and moving to a more desirable area. As younger therapists come into the field, it will become more and more difficult to recruit to the rural areas. The "best" place (if you would like the culture and offerings of a city) is Omaha.

The software used for practice management does not work well in all settings. It works great in some, but was not designed for others. This should be a focus area to improve. Additionally, there should be a part of the contract agreement with hospitals that the documentation system will be a standard one across all RehabVisions facilities. IT could integrate it into the various systems at the different facilities.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Look at promising expansion and some IT improvements.

RehabVisions Response

Aug 17, 2015 – Social Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback/suggestions!

"Amazing company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at RehabVisions full-time

Pros

The company has a truly positive culture, which you can see even from the outside. I was really drawn to how long employees choose to stay here (10+, even 20 years!), which I think speaks to the leadership, and overall health of the company. I enjoy the "team-focused" mentality and commitment to integrity, compassion and enthusiasm - all important for this industry.

Cons

The benefits and culture are great, I have not experienced anything I would consider a con to working at RehabVisions.