Rejuvenation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Rejuvenation IT dept., a great place to work."

Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist III in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist III in Portland, OR

I worked at Rejuvenation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed dress code. Various technologies to work with. Great team. Generous pay and benefits. Incredible work-life balance.

Cons

The only con I can think of is not working there anymore. I was laid off by the parent company, and miss it everyday.

Advice to Management

The IT Director there needs no advice from me. He's a professional that I will always consider a friend.

2. "Once you you seen the Light-ing Co. ways you'll want to run into the dark!"

Pros

Clients can be great that's if your given time to help and follow up.Product is good if production can get shipped timely and get the order right . A few as in one or two employees have what it takes and the rest shouldn't be in sales or anything that requires a brain!

Cons

This company is out of control. The upper management(DM )is demanding,ego driven, disorganized poor judge of character and some of the best practiced spin dr's !
    The "people first" motto is the furthest thing from what is practiced.
    It's more aligned with finding fault , pointing the finger and don't forget their core strength, being bullies!
    There is constant under minding to deflect the utter and complete lack awareness and support related to little or no understanding of how the store actually functions day to day,i. It's beyond comprehension.
    You never are to try to speak the DM . Open door policy doesn't exist. If you have an issue and are looking for support ....Wrong !!!You are now the issue !! You are always wrong.?DM law !!!' This Wolfe will shed her sheep's clothing in a split second ! I'm certain I saw here head do a 360' once or twice !
    There is no going to break or have lunch till you have been told you to go. They run it like its a job for imbeciles.
    Did I say bullies who are self righteous ,rude who lack integrity and a moral compass!!
     They have the worst classless idiots who are there valued employees. the lack of awareness on the part of whom ever is allowing it to become so ghetto lacks the ability to be discerning (or comprehend the meaning of the word!)in the choice of representation Talk about taking a great store and interesting product and driving it into the ground. It's sad. They people who run the store wouldn't know about having a sense of propriety( look it up!) if it slapped them in the face .
    What you can look forward to working here is low end, ignorant ,narrow, people who don't have anything better to do but monitor your every move.they are fearful of empowering there team.They feel better being bossy and controlling.!
     You are guaranteed to be mistreated , overworked under paid and looking for a new place to work!---
    Run Fast!Run far away from this place.

Advice to Management

Get a new DM and replace her cronies in that office in Portland they are toxic . Watch figures and moral turn around in record breaking time!
     Start with paying a living wage and entertaining integrity and compassion. Please don't leverage the associates to be on there toes because the VP is on her PRIVATE JET(really?) tour. These are the people you cut hours without thinking about that hour your cutting means the difference between be able to buy something to eat or going hungry to pay a bill so there children don't suffer.
    The pay rate and commitment to those who generate profit in your stores are the ones who you least value. It's upside down . You need to make those people who drive the bottom line your most cherished commodity!
    The silly over thinking creating to many sales and marketing ploys. The overkill on printed material (waste of money)is killing sales slow it down so when you do have a promo it's actually valued!

3. "Poorly Managed Company"

Pros

Excellent products. Most of the staff are really great people.

Cons

With the exception of a few seasoned managers, this is a very poorly managed company. As others have attested, a few select insiders drive this company all over the map with poor planning and ever changing priorities and schedules. Seasoned managers are chased away after a few years of struggling to bring some order to the chaos. Low and mid level managers are newbies with virtually no management qualifications. Technical experts tend to end up in management/leadership roles that tends to fan the fires of chaos. Company claims to be people oriented, but that only applies to the small inner circle of untouchables. If you are in, you are good to go. Otherwise, hit the road.

Advice to Management

If you want to play with the big boys you had better get over yourselves, hire some seasoned professional managers, and listen to what they have to say. There is wisdom in age and experience. Inexperience, youth, energy, and big egos are ok for startups, but not for companies that want to grow from $25M to $100M in a few years.

"Not Worth the Effort"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at Rejuvenation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The product made in the company factory is very good. As an employee you get a substantial discount, so if you have another source of income you can buy some great product at a good price.

Cons

Scheduling is erratic and expectations are very unclear and ever changing. Upper management claims to be interested in employee feedback but ignores any criticism even as it applies to safe working conditions. High goals are set but no compensation is given for achievement.

Advice to Management

Be clear on what you expect from employees and be honest about what they can expect in return. As a part-time employee you should be prepared for a very casual approach to scheduling and compensation. There is no chance of promotion or increased compensation so it makes little sense to put in any effort. What is written as the company values is not evidenced in practice.

"Dissolusioned"

I worked at Rejuvenation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has some stability. If you get into the "in" crowd which means you become a clone of the idiot above you , you might be able to survive for a little while. However they will eventually treat you like everyone else, very poorly.

Cons

Upper management does not care about employees. The motto is "people first," but that is not true. They are not employee oriented at all. They lie, will cut your hours and then elect a constructive discharge instead of a lay off so that you can not collect unemployment benefits. I have watched them make employees lives so miserable that they leave without another job to go to. They do not respect any real feed back from staff. It is all top down management and they are ruthless if they don't get the numbers.

Advice to Management

If you don't appreciate your staff there will come a day when no one will work for you. Then what will your share holders do then?

"Post-acquisiton went from the awful to good"

I have been working at Rejuvenation full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of growth potential, excellent product, lots of learning opportunities. Pre-Williams-Sonoma, it was a great company with NO chances to grow into other roles due to limited resources. Post-acquisition - barring a stumble with honestly the worst leadership I have ever experienced, honestly nightmarish misstep, complete with breakdowns and huge employee attrition - the company has recovered into an exciting place to work with lots of opportunity for movement and energy, and a general positive and hopeful attitude.

Cons

Some teams struggle with work/life balance, but that is determined by department culture, and most are skewing more healthy. Sometimes struggle with inter-department communication, but that has improved by leaps and bounds. Ultimately part of a larger corporation, which has strengths and issues, but we are removed enough that we're fairly autonomous.

Advice to Management

Temps and freelancers are not going to give their all, nor should they. If you want invested people, invest in them! Give teams the tools and resources they need to succeed. Spend more time on morale boosting. Acknowledge the people who make things better. Work on building inter-departmental understanding and relationships. Your employees are better with a holistic view and understanding of the business.

"Mixed bag"

Current Employee - Web Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Web Coordinator in Portland, OR

I have been working at Rejuvenation (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to find yourself useful. Good people who work hard. Great product.

Cons

Somewhat unclear chain of command regarding who is the ultimate decider, at least when I was there.

"Inspiring Products, Hardworking People - Bad Organizational Structure"

I worked at Rejuvenation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and the plan for the company are hard to find elsewhere. Office is open, summer hours, easy access to executive team, and lots of learning potential. Executive staff supports new ideas and lets people try new initiatives.

Cons

Learning potential turns into more responsibilities without compensation - lots of positions are contract, so that they don't have to pay benefits. Organizational structure changes often, and is not clearly explained or executed. The employees are not cared for- and ultimately the company lost hardworking effective employees... and are only left with the ones who can't go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get organizational structure, hire more people, replace people when they leave, and compensate people for the job they are doing. Hear out your employees, happy employees make for successful business.

"A Very Disrespectful Management Staff"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

Pros

Great products, well designed and researched historically.

Cons

This company and the time that I was there was not a positive experience. In fact on my last day there, I felt traumatized. Although there was a lot of effort put into training people, the management left a lot to be desired. One of the assistant managers was one of the most untrustworthy managers I have ever worked with. The store manager, was very much in cahoots with the assistant manager. After I completed my training,this assistant manager said to me one day, "I don't want you here." Can you imagine saying that so overtly and disrespectfully to anyone? The assistant manager proceeded to build a case against me based on any question I asked to better understand my tasks and to reinforce my ability to do my job. I asked how to use an electronic device which there hadn't been much training on and the assistant manager used that against me later as not being able to do my job. Anyone who is trying to get rid of someone will use anything to build a case against them and that's what happened. This was a high-end interior lighting sales environment. The store manager said that all transactions with upper middle class clients had to go smoothly. In my first ringing up of an upper middle class couple, I was understandably nervous about getting through the whole process. Knowing that the store manager was standing behind me and looking to fault me made me more nervous. I asked the couple if I had done anything that didn't please them and they said I did fine. The store manager interrupted the transaction process to make it "smooth" and then said I couldn't do the job. The assistant manager was a person with many insecurities who was determined to take them out on the staff and was given approval to do so by the rest of the management. My life has gone on and I am in a harmonious interior design environment.

Advice to Management

The assistant manager had many insecurities and was determined to take them out on the staff. This manager was given approval to do so by the rest of the management. Is this any way to run a company?

11. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I worked at Rejuvenation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product line and intriguing company history, great team, the best "customer service" job I ever had because of support from management and also the kind nature of the client base.

Cons

Inter-department career growth required navigating lots of red tape, yet it seemed that inside hiring was already decided prior to the red tape process.

Advice to Management

Remember the history of the company- Rejuvenation is a gem, a level above the cookie cutter attempts at competition- preserve that!