RelMap Consulting Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2020

4.8
RelMap Consulting Founder Steve Pieczko  (no image)
Steve Pieczko
  1. "Steve took care of the details while I took care of the customer."

Current Contractor - Operations Management in Riverside, CA

I have been working at RelMap Consulting for less than a year

Pros

I was focused on the customer objectives while Steve took care of my needs.

Cons

I had no negative experiences.

RelMap Consulting2019-05-10
  2. "Streamlined Firm That Makes Your Life as a Consultant Easier — and More Lucrative"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant

I worked at RelMap Consulting for more than a year

Pros

RelMap is a great company for experienced consultants. It’s a relatively small, streamlined operation with good connections at several clients. Compared to larger consulting/staffing firms, getting ready for an assignment is easier. You’ll likely spend much less of your valuable nonbillable time wading through extensive onboarding and paperwork. Most or all it will be what is required by the client, without a bunch of extra “CYA” material added on by a staffing firm. Also, because of RelMap’s relatively lower overhead, you’ll likely keep a bigger percentage of the total amount billed for your time. And what consultant doesn’t like that?

Cons

Nothing to be added here

RelMap Consulting2020-02-11
  3. "Top Notch Connector"

Former Contractor - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at RelMap Consulting for less than a year

Pros

Steve Pieczko, the RelMap founder is the #1 pro. We met and worked together on a high profile project for one of my former employers. There was mutual respect. We stayed in touch. Steve negotiated a contract-to-hire position for me with one of his long-standing clients, which he brought to my attention. I was hired at the term of the contract. I am the happiest I have ever been in my career, spanning 20 + years. I owe it all to Steve for recognizing the fit and making the connection.

Cons

No cons from my perspective. While I was a contractor, Steve represented me better than I could have myself. His talent is knowing the market and people and making matches. I tested the water with a half dozen firms prior to reaching out to Steve. None produced results.

RelMap Consulting2019-02-05
  4. "Project Coordinator"

I have been working at RelMap Consulting full-time

Pros

Great consulting firm to work for! The leadership advocates for its employees, remains involved in project assignments, is open to feedback, and acts in response to comments/complaints.

Cons

I have no cons to include

RelMap Consulting2018-03-06
  5. "Excellent Customer Service"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Cobol Developer in Northfield, IL

I worked at RelMap Consulting for less than a year

Pros

RelMap was actively involved from pre-contract signing, during the term of the contract, and through a final wrap-up luncheon. They're not only interested in the contractor's well being but also especially concerned with end-client satisfaction. A real pleasure to be a part of their team.

Cons

<I cannot think of any Cons>

RelMap Consulting2017-12-14
  6. "Honest, experienced Leadership"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at RelMap Consulting

Pros

Steve is very open in how he runs RelMap. It was wonderful to work for RelMap. If I had a problem, I could always reach out to Steve and we would work through options together. Highly recommend.

Cons

Like any consulting company with contract staff, there may not be another opportunity immediately following the end of a project.

RelMap Consulting2017-10-12
  7. "RelMap Consulting review by employee."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RelMap Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

RelMap is run by C.S. educated & experienced IT professional with hands on software development & project management experience. As an employee, this has been very helpful for my success. I trust RelMap Consulting management to give me the timely advise, support and good salary to keep me motivated to succeed!

Cons

Relatively unknown small company but with some big well known clients!

RelMap Consulting2017-09-11
  8. "Software Developer"

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Deerfield, IL

I worked at RelMap Consulting for more than a year

Pros

Relmap is the best consulting company I've ever worked with. Steve is a very supportive boss who steps up in need to make your job easy. He finds projects that best suits your profile and always encourages to go above and beyond to try & learn new technologies besides your major skill set. Given an opportunity, I would love to go back to work for Relmap.

Cons

Nothing at all. It's been great experience overall.

RelMap Consulting2017-03-09
  9. "Exceptional consulting firm!"

Current Contractor - Senior Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at RelMap Consulting for more than a year

Pros

RelMap Consulting is an excellent consulting firm with exceptional values. I have thoroughly enjoyed my contract engagement as a Senior Consultant. RelMap provides opportunities for program/project managers, business and technical analysts, and software engineers and developers. I worked on a large complex business integration and technology program with several other RelMap consultants who were all incredibly talented and intelligent individuals. Steve Pieczko, the CEO, is a strong and supportive leader and an exceptional technical program manager himself.

Cons

For consultants who want professional opportunities and flexibility, the RelMap engagement model is a good fit. So for me, there are no cons.

RelMap Consulting2016-12-14
  10. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Deerfield, IL

I worked at RelMap Consulting full-time

Pros

The most gratifying consulting firm I've ever been associated with. Unlike most consulting firm's transparency is the hallmark of this organization. The contract rate was far better than any other consulting company and the support is to be commended. The leadership of the firm took great strides to ensure skill sets are in line with client’s requirements which made for successful projects. I can honestly state the organization had absolutely no issues that caused me grief. Given the opportunity to sign another contract, I would without any hesitation.

Cons

If I had to choose a "Con" which this consulting firm has none to very few, it would be not enough consulting opportunities.

RelMap Consulting2016-04-26