KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 5 of over 372 reviews

3.6
Relativity CEO Mike Gamson
Mike Gamson

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

What people are saying about Relativity

Join the conversation on

Big Law

1m

an

Associate

Q about billing for the bowl: do y’all bill for back and forths with the relativity folks, for example, or for back and forths with outside legal services folks? Currently lead associate handling logistics on transcription services and it’s like herding cats. Technically what I’m doing isn’t “law related” but the services provided are helping our case. Same question but for overseeing our paralegal. Do you bill for managing them and making sure they stay on top of their work?

20 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Relativity and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Oct 26, 2020 - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Fair compensation *Inspirational CEO *Headed in solid direction *Good benefits

Cons

*Lack of diversity in C suite

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

No advancement opportunity

Aug 23, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Unlimited time off - Seamless transition to remote setup

Cons

- Career advancement opportunities are only available for a few teams. - Merit increases are sad. - Salary is nowhere close to similar roles in other companies. - They eliminated the training budget. - HR rolled out a "competencies assessment," which was well-intentioned (I guess). The map and the skill levels didn't make sense or didn't fully match the role and responsibilities, the communication on how it works was poor, and it made employees either have to argue with their managers about their own skill level or try to underrate themselves to escape the fear and shame of overrating. That needs to go away. - The work is unfulfilling. - Leadership doesn't seem fazed by the growing attrition rate. While this is happening across the board, there's no interest in trying to retain talent. In fact, they outright said they weren't worried. Truly makes you feel valued.

7 people found this review helpful

Relativity Response

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback about career growth opportunities at Relativity. We strive to be a Talent First organization and never want our employees to feel that our talent processes create confusion or misalignment. We consistently benchmark all of our roles against who we consider our market competitors to ensure our total rewards package is competitive. The competency assessment process was designed to deliver on our Talent First Promise by creating a transparent view into the capabilities expected of our employee’s roles. When done correctly, this provides managers and team members with a foundation to discuss current-state performance in relation to discipline expectations and future-state career goals. HR Business Partners are always an available resource if competency data needs correction or further discussion. I also wanted to clarify that training for employees has not been eliminated, however the process to manage the opportunities has been refined. In fact we doubled our budget from the previous year and have invested in many new platforms – such as Pluralsight – to ensure we are continuously providing ways for our employees to develop. We are always evaluating how to improve on our processes to ensure that strong performance is recognized and rewarded appropriately. – Beth Clutterbuck, CHRO

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company that Continues to Gain Momentum

Nov 25, 2019 - Senior Specialist, Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Relativity for more than two years and have thoroughly enjoyed working here. The health benefits are a huge win for me. As someone who came from a smaller company with limited coverage, this truly makes a huge difference and is something that I had to consider heavily when joining the team. I have had positive experience with my managers that I have had here. Overall, these are people who care about their employees and strive to make the environment one that is fun and productive. I have a manager/mentor who allowed me to grow in areas that I did not have the opportunity to previously and have more decision-making authority on projects that I am directly involved in. This is my experience which may differ based on your department—as indicated by the other reviews.

Cons

I would encourage the company to have direct conversations with employees about changes that impact their jobs. Often, decisions are made at a high level which may restructure a team or department. When someone has a new role that is completely new to them, I believe a conversation is needed to ensure this aligns with their career growth and interests. I have heard about people that have been excited about the change, and others who are left with uncertainty about what this means for them on an individual level.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Culture, and La Croix

Mar 2, 2018 - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Relativity has far exceeded my expectations. I have had the opportunity to tackle a variety of challenging, and interesting projects. Everyone at Relativity is willing to lend a helping hand and I have really enjoyed getting to know people in other departments. I have also thoroughly enjoyed the different flavor of La Croix and the new coffee machine.

Cons

I do not have any cons to share

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Committed to its Culture

Dec 19, 2017 - PR/Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I've been at Relativity for about 5 months and it has exceeded my expectations in every aspect. - The people are welcoming and collaborative. You never feel ashamed asking questions and people seem genuinely invested in your success - The culture is fantastic; the onboarding process did a great job of making me feel welcomed and it is clear that the executive team values the culture that they have built. They also have great team-building events, awesome seasonal parties, and free food hanging around at most times. - The product is exciting and you can see a clear future for where we are going next year and in the years to come

Cons

Nothing at the moment.

1 person found this review helpful