KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 18 of over 372 reviews

3.8
Relativity CEO Mike Gamson
Mike Gamson

What people are saying about Relativity

Join the conversation on

Big Law

1m

an

Associate

Q about billing for the bowl: do y’all bill for back and forths with the relativity folks, for example, or for back and forths with outside legal services folks? Currently lead associate handling logistics on transcription services and it’s like herding cats. Technically what I’m doing isn’t “law related” but the services provided are helping our case. Same question but for overseeing our paralegal. Do you bill for managing them and making sure they stay on top of their work?

20 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Relativity and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best first month ever

Jan 19, 2022 - Software Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding is very well designed and everyone is always willing to help you. The culture is amazing, values and mission are always present in every meeting with the leadership team.

Cons

Sometimes you can feel overwhelmed about all the information you need to understand.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to build up skills, but not to stay

Dec 19, 2021 - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work-life balance is mostly healthy, but on-call is not pleasant. It's worse than any other company I've been at. They throw teams at every problem and hold you on the call even if you are not impacted or related. The office is fun, and has okay perks. The coffee is good and you sometimes get free food. The technology stack is mostly useful, although the Microsoft stack isn't used much at FAANG. So your skills that transfer will mostly be in sys design.

Cons

You will quickly notice how everyone is a slave to their roadmap that is set every year. Teams will openly refuse to unblock your roadmap items that need their support, and will go back on any support they promised to provide. It's unreal and something I do not face at my current company. No one wants to do the right thing for the company, only what's good for them. Relativity promotes people based on things other than performance. Directors and higher give their friends from outside of work the key projects, then use the fact that they led key projects to promote them within a year of their last promotion. They do not offer refresh grants. Your initial grant is what you get and unless you're a favorite of your manager and get promoted that's all you see. They change the rules for certain people. When I onboarded we had a 5 year vesting period. When a certain C level executive was hired she refused that and set it at a 4 year for her and anyone after. What that meant is that people that started within a year before her were fully vested after her, and she did not care.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Software Engineering Intern

Sep 22, 2021 - Software Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Culture * Projects - often pushed to production, I saw mine in production * Mentors and Managers * Networks

Cons

Fast-paced culture - can be a good or bad thing

4. 5.0
    Former Intern

Excellent internship experience

Apr 28, 2021 - Software Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Structured mentoring during the internship helped keep me on track. There were also great development sessions with access to executive leadership.

Cons

Some mentors were more helpful than others

5. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Learning Environment for Interns

Nov 20, 2020 - Software Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone eager to help out even outside of my team - Friendly co-workers and managers

Cons

- Steep learning curve, onboarding was not sufficient

6. 5.0
    Former Intern

Best internship experience I could have asked for

Sep 16, 2020 - Software Engineering Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work, mentorship, and resources in general. They cared about how we were handling the internship experience and communicated very clearly what we could do better

Cons

None that I can think of

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Aug 19, 2020 - Software Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team environment, great internship experience

Cons

I was remote over the summer, wish I was in the office. However, this was only due to the pandemic, so I can't really complain

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Not perfect, but likely as close as you can get

Mar 31, 2020 - Software Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome people - Collaborative environment - A ton of opportunity

Cons

- Growing rapidly, difficulty in maintaining core values

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Excellent give back culture, experiencing growing pains.

Mar 27, 2020 - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm given autonomy in my role

Cons

Still very much a command and control culture

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

one of the BEST companies to work for

Dec 31, 2019 - Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

smart humble people hard working super smart management unlimited vacation modern office healthy competition among the team

Cons

the mandatory certification is a tedious and stressful process but worth it considering all other company's benefits

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews