KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Relay Therapeutics Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2021

Found 21 of over 25 reviews

5.0
Relay Therapeutics CEO and President Sanjiv K. Patel  (no image)
Sanjiv K. Patel
  1. 5.0

Getting things done

Jun 3, 2021 - Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that things get done at Relay. Everyone is smart and it's a collaborative culture , it's no wonder we have a recipe for getting things done thoughtfully and done well. We are encouraged and celebrated for speaking up and thinking outside of the box. It's not about doing things the way everyone else does it or doing things the way we did it last time but finding ways to do it better and faster and smarter. It's fun, exciting and very rewarding! I appreciate that I'm at a company that is not only doing amazing things to help patients but doing them in an amazing way.

Cons

This isn't much of a con - people work hard but know how to have fun.

EVP and Chief People Experience Officer

Thank for capturing the secret sauce of Relay Tx in such a thoughtful way. Each and every employee here is essential to helping us reach our mission of improving patient lives - thank you for all you do!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Place to Work

May 27, 2021 - Senior Director in Burlington, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relay Tx is a place where people can be themselves. The environment created by the senior leadership team enables people to feel empowered to 'own' their work, and be bold in their thinking. I've worked at many biotechs over the past 15 years, and I can confidently say this is the best leadership team I have ever worked under.

Cons

There are not many 'cons' that I can think of... However, I would say that burn out is certainly a risk here depending upon what function / role you are in. Having said that, senior management has made great efforts recently to remedy this one drawback.

EVP and Chief People Experience Officer

It is great to hear that you feel Relay Tx is a place people can be themselves – that’s something we strive for in our culture and it’s essential to supporting a diverse and happy workforce. Thank you for this thoughtful review and for making Relay Tx the best place it can be!

3. 5.0

Amazing Science, but at the Expense of Employee Burnout

Apr 23, 2021 - Senior Research Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing coworkers, interesting science, great mentors.

Cons

Extremely fast-paced with very aggressive, strict timelines. Due to this, burnout especially during COVID is very prevalent especially for people working in the lab, 4-5 days a week with almost no break for over a year. Too much focus on the "culture" which at this point has significantly changed compared to what it was just before COVID. Lack of appreciation and acknowledgment for lower level people, especially while working through the pandemic.

EVP and Chief People Experience Officer

One of Relay Tx’s core values is candor, so I want to thank you for your candid review, since it’s what pushes us to be better. This past year has completely upended the way we work in ways most of us could never have imagined. The lab team has been truly amazing with how they came in day after day, even with all that was happening in the world. And you’re right, it has been tiring at times for many people to balance it all. One way we are responding to this feedback is by closing the company for 5 days spread out over the summer to create long weekends for our people to unplug and recharge. We will face many challenges along the way as we build a company for the long-term but I am confident the team will keep focus on what matters most – getting medicines to patients. Thank you again for your feedback! Andy Porter, Chief People Officer

4. 5.0

working at Relay Tx is busy but rewarding

Business Outlook

Pros

Relay Tx is a well-resourced company with management that thinks deeply about company strategy, enabling project teams, developing the platform, and building a collegial and candid culture. There are lots of opportunities for people to grow in their field, whether in science, management, clinical development, etc.

Cons

It's a pro and con, but Relay Tx is extremely fast paced! There is a constant emphasis on getting to answers as quickly as possible, which can be frenetic but also exciting.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Relay glad to be here!

Mar 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic coworkers that make working fun! Incredible growth in the last year alone - from just over 100 to 160 employees. Changes to the office and remote work due to COVID have been handled swiftly and well. Culture is amazing - everyone is driven, supportive, and wants the company to be successful. Ability to work and learn from multiple groups - plenty of opportunities to grow skills.

Cons

Some growing pains due to rapid growth and scaling. Diversity needs some work and plans are in place for this to improve. Organizational structure and rapid growth can mean career paths haven’t been clearly defined.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Relay - Fast Paced, Great Culture

Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere Empowered Employees Communication Quirky culture allows people to be authentic Great science and leadership

Cons

Timelines are sometimes overly aggressive Rapid growth is challenging People can be spread thin with lots to do

7. 5.0

A great place to work

Mar 28, 2021 - Scientist in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The science is top notch. Well funded and lots of opportunities to learn and do beyond if you're willing to put in the the extra time. Expectations and stakes are extremely high, so it will motivate you to push yourself.

Cons

Senior team is not diverse, wish there was more of an effort to bring in underrepresented folx at the top.. There has been rapid growth so a lot of the initial culture has faded but at this point of the company thats pretty hard to prevent. Very high workloads so if you're looking to have work life balance... its never really there.

EVP and Chief People Experience Officer

Thank you for your review! Investing the development of our people is one of the most important things we can do and I am happy to hear you are taking advantage of these opportunities! We are also deeply committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all people have the opportunity to contribute. In the last year, we launched a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Advisory group that is focused on recommending programs and initiatives for the company. For example, we have held several company-wide discussions on topics such as BLM, violence against AAPI folks, and how to combat unconscious bias. And while we have made progress on diversifying the company overall, we know there is more work to be done to make sure our company is as diverse as possible, at all levels, which we are committed to doing. Thank you again for your feedback! Andy Porter, Chief People Officer

8. 5.0

Awesome Place to Work

Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people doing great meaningful work.

Cons

Too much to do but at least it keeps you busy!

9. 5.0

A great place to work

Mar 22, 2021 - Scientist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a strong foundation and has taken a lot of effort into clear communication during covid. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow, tons of sessions to drop into so despite being virtual there's a lot of efforts to connect people.

Cons

Some exits have been handled rather poorly, and there has been a very high workload. It is expected at this stage of company.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic place to work, producing great science, keeps people and patients first!

Mar 4, 2021 - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is second to none. Family feel even with >100 employees! Relay Tx is an amazingly creative, fun and passionate team of individuals working to make an impact to improve patients' lives!

Cons

Growing company-change does not happen quickly, which in some cases is good and some cases not so much. However, Relay is methodical and careful about change keeping people and patient's first; ensuring the best decisions are made for the company and the employees! You have to be patient…..

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews