Cover image for Reliance First Capital

87% Recommend to a Friend
89% Approve of CEO

Found 180 of over 181 reviews

4.4
Reliance First Capital President & CEO Hugh Miller (no image)
Hugh Miller

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

12d

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

7 Comments

Finance

110.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Reliance First Capital~372969
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great training and paid license for multiple states(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Full benefits with a company match 401(in 12 reviews)
  • "My manager Yana is great :) I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career.(in 9 reviews)
  • "4. Management actually listens and will discuss any concerns or suggestions.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is excellent as a result, but it’s a bit tiring week to week.(in 4 reviews)
  • "There is a certain culture and expectation at Reliance, which is lucrative to those who follow the system how it is meant to be, but can be stressful and overwhelming for the faint of heart.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Upper management more concerned with keeping their own jobs as they watch a revolving door of Agents leave the company as new agents come on board.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Although the base pay is great and you can earn commission you need to be self motivated to hit the weekly goal to start the commission.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mortgage

Sep 24, 2022 - Verification Agent in Bethlehem, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great amazing call center manager , very understanding and kind . Always the same attitude every day . Warm , friendly Administrative Assistant. Her Beautiful Smile Brightens every morning . All the way around feels like a second home at work .

Cons

Some agents take advantage of over usage of cell phones , coming in late .

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Has Potential for High Earnings

Nov 26, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s highly likely you’ll earn $100K or higher. If you do your work like you’re supposed to, you’re basically left alone. Team style atmosphere. You will learn so much about financial behavior and regulations and the why's of the mortgage industry which will ultimately help you personally. Executive level leadership is awesome, CEO, VP etc. Doesn’t not get involved with political nonsense and truly care for the company and team members.

Cons

There is NO work life balance. You will end up working 60 to 80 hours a week. Training is terrible. You’ll need to find your own way for most of it. Getting promoted isn’t based on merit or hard work yet based on how friendly you are with lower Director and lower management. Women are pretty much treated like second class citizens. It’s definitely a man’s world. Office is too chaotic and ran like a fraternity. Can be extremely distracting. Often not allowed to complete the task at hand which can delay your income. Takes 45 days to get compensated on a sale.

3. Join the Reliance First Capital team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Internal Audit

Sep 21, 2022 - Internal Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work Environment, Good Benefits

Cons

Volatile industry, not future proofed

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Unlimited income

Aug 17, 2022 - Sales Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited income, most weekends off

Cons

Cyclical business, warm lead calling

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company review

Aug 14, 2022 - Mortgage Loan Processor in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Vacation days. Work days are week days with weekends off.

Cons

Pay was very low compared to other companies. Communication and overall work environment was not that great. Management lacked a lot of managerial skills. Too much micro managing.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Toxic Environment

Sep 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Toxic environment. I would write more but it’s the type of company that would come after you for a review and sue, even when you write truths documented in writing.

Cons

Micromanagement, toxic and discriminatory environment

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To Grow

Apr 8, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great comp plan - Management/Leadership listen to and care about their people - Paid training/vacation - Ability to be promoted quickly

Cons

Would like more remote capabilities

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excited about my future at RFC

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

About a week after I was hired on, my manager called me into his office to discuss my future at the company and my career goals. It wasn’t just a careless “so how long do you really see yourself staying here” conversation, but a serious in-depth look at my options – what I wanted to achieve and in what timeframe I wanted to do it by. We went over my strengths and weaknesses in a real, honest way and started creating a career plan for me that detailed the short-term and long-term milestones I hoped to reach within the company. I’ve never felt more confident about which career path I wanted to take than I do here at RFC. If they wanted to make a loyal employee out of me, they definitely succeeded I can tell you that.

Cons

I don’t get along with every single one of my coworkers. Some of them spend more time causing drama then they do working it seems like, so I try to keep to myself at work for the most part and focus on my own goals and my own success.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for those who will work

Mar 14, 2022 - Mortgage Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support system Good compensation Good Work/Life Balance Opportunities for Growth CEO truly is awesome and responsive. You can call him anytime

Cons

Pricing is a little higher than some competitors

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ethical finance business

Feb 15, 2022 - Loan Officer in Melville, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good company within the banking industry. They treat and pay their employees right. No funny business, just good ethical banking practices.

Cons

None. I enjoyed my time here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 180 Reviews
</>Embed

Reliance First Capital Reviews FAQs

Reliance First Capital has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 181 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Reliance First Capital to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Reliance First Capital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Reliance First Capital. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

87% of Reliance First Capital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Reliance First Capital 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Reliance First Capital to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture .

Popular Careers with Reliance First Capital Job Seekers