Relin Goldstein & Crane Reviews | Glassdoor

Relin Goldstein & Crane Reviews

Found 28 reviews

2.2
Howard R Crane

"Don't make this your career, but its a great opportunity"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good company culture -Great co-workers -Free bagels Mon + Fri, breakfast pizza on Thurs -Attorneys/supervisors easy to get along with -Flexible time off

Cons

-Hard learning process when starting -More work than time in the day -Terrible pay, and they give very little raises -High employee turnover

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth

Relin Goldstein & Crane2019-01-10
  2. "Dont do it"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

"friendly" co-workers, some friends.

Cons

HORRIBLE management, LOW pay, EVERYONE talks behind your back (regardless how much of a "friend" you are. Outdated systems. There are not enough employees who work here, so everyone is ran thing, over worked, stressed, getting sick FROM BEING SICK.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, give them actual training HIRE MORE PEOPLE SO WE ARE NOT OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID

Relin Goldstein & Crane2019-03-07

"overall a good place"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant

I have been working at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

good co-workers good hours, understanding and flexibility when you need time off good supervisors and HR always know what to expect each day affordable health plan with $80/month benefit for health bills once you learn your job you can mostly work independently good holidays and paid time off

Cons

challenging to understand the job at first low pay more work to do each day than there is time for wait three years for retirement benefits

Relin Goldstein & Crane2018-09-25
    • "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You learn a lot, always busy

Cons

bad management, miserable co-workers and partners, no training, people are talking about you when you make mistakes, too much work to handle for low money, no retirement plans. I didn't enjoy the work environment and was happy when I left. I have never seen so many turnovers. There were new hires every other week.

Advice to Management

Train new hires and create a system and environment that makes people want to stay.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2018-03-28

Relin Goldstein & Crane Response

April 2, 2018FORECLOSURE OPERATIONS MANAGER

The comments made by the writer here are misleading. Our firm does have a unique training program for our paralegals as well as a retirement benefit which employees are eligible for after three years of employment.

"Litigation Paralegal"

I worked at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time

Pros

You learned quickly and were often able to make many decisions on your own.

Cons

You really only worked on your small part of the process and not much on the whole picture or how it played into the case on a bigger scale.

Advice to Management

Instruct more - provide deeper insight so that the employees learn rather tan memorize the procedures.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2017-07-28

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Perks, Fair Treatment, Friendly People

Cons

Building is a little ion the Old side

Relin Goldstein & Crane2017-06-30

"blah"

I worked at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time

Pros

Most of the coworkers were very friendly.

Cons

My supervisor dropped the F-bomb a handful of times in front of me on my first day (and he was swearing about other people in the office!). It made me very uncomfortable and it felt very unprofessional. The training was lacking in a lot of areas, and I learned the most when I was allowed to work on my own. The pay sucks and parking is awful and not covered. The nature of foreclosure is also just generally soul-sucking.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and less catty. Also learn how to train newbies better.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2017-07-05

"Paralegal"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time

Pros

Whatever you put into this job, you get out. The attorneys I worked with were generally top-notch.

Cons

Some of other hires don't last particularly long for any number of reasons.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2016-07-31

"Worst place I have ever worked!"

I have been working at Relin Goldstein & Crane

Pros

The only good things about this place are some of the fellow co-workers and attorneys you get to work with.

Cons

Management is horrible. Don't know how to run a department, let alone, an entire floor. Its nothing like they made it seem in the interview. You are constantly being yelled at for not meeting numbers yet the place is understaffed. They are constantly setting unrealistic expectations for you and they get pissed off if you don't meet them...in which case you are called over to their cube or to the conference room to hear...

Advice to Management

Start treating,your employees how you want to be treated. You think you have a high turnover rate because of hiring lazy kids right out of college...it's you! No one wants to work for people that are constantly putting them down. You will continue to lose a lot of good people until you learn to respect others. I know you'll ignore this because it's your way or no way.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2016-08-03

Relin Goldstein & Crane Response

October 28, 2016FORECLOSURE OPERATIONS MANAGER

These comments are made to assist the reader/potential employee to more fully understand our management’s perspective with respect to the reference employee review and to provide a better understanding of what it is like to work at our firm. We believe that the employee review ...

• "Do not work here."

I worked at Relin Goldstein & Crane full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a few good people that work there but they are all in the collections department. There really are no pros they don't care about their employees at all.

Cons

Awful place to work, the managers act like it's a great place to work during the interview and make you believe they will be there to help should you have any questions. Two supervisors share an office and are probably two of the most negative people I have ever come across they huff and puff if you ask questions and act like what they are doing is so much more important. I truly believe this is probably the worst lawfirm...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are an integral part of your company without them you wouldn't be racking in the loads of money that you put in your pockets. And get rid of the trouble makers.

Relin Goldstein & Crane2016-07-29