Reltio Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Manish Sood

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Just the normal growing pains of a fast growing start up" (in 5 reviews)

• "however I'd say the pros certainly outweigh the cons in terms of flexibility and work life balance" (in 3 reviews)

"Awesome Opportunity"

I have been working at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is INCREDIBLE. As an industry veteran, I'm wishing that all MDM was like this: a lot of bad press about MDM could have been avoided if Reltio had been available 10 years ago.

Cons

It's a startup. Occasional growing pain. Lots of work.

Advice to Management

keep on the current path

"Over Promising and Under Delivering"

I worked at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great individuals at the company from peers to leaders. The product is very powerful. It can be a lot of fun working here when things are going well. Fun company outings. Best healthcare benefits.

Cons

Over promising and under delivering all the time. They'll always say at the quarterly meetings, "talk with your manager about your career path/goals". There was no career path laid in front unless you're kissing the person above you. Personally experienced and seeing it with my fellow peers, doesn't matter if you're reaching quota and hitting new heights. I've seen people with great performance be overlooked while they'll hire their past friend at XYZ company for the new, bigger position. The corporate structure feels like high school, where if you're part of the 'group', it's all good, but most people are left out.

Advice to Management

Hire people because they're the best. Give opportunity to those working hard in your organization rather than casting them aside for their friend to come on board.

"Has the company lost its way? Hope not"

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reltio part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique product
    Experienced and hands on management, with an open door policy (but changing for the worse)
    Collaborative, friendly and respectful culture for the most part
    Skilled and hard working employees
    Decent benefits - paid medical, unlimited vacation policy, well stocked breakroom

Cons

Over the last year, the company seems to be floundering.
    - Chasing buzzwords for product features instead of fixing chronic product defects
    - Newer hires to the management team don't have the same knowledge or values as the original team. Kiss-up Kick Down very much in action.
    - Employees seem afraid to deliver bad news so problems aren't addressed until discovered in the field, when it is very costly to fix them.

Advice to Management

- Reltio has a great product and team - go back to basics.
    - Be transparent in employee communications. Recent handling and communications around terminations and exits have been just amateurish and have increased FUD instead of reducing it.
    - Encourage honest feedback without fear of retribution.

Nov 17, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback, we are listening and take your concerns to heart. While most of our employee feedback is really quite positive, we acknowledge that there is always room for improvement... More

"Reltio – A Uniquely Ideal Company"

Current Employee - Employee Events in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Events in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reltio (More than a year)

Pros

Run by an executive leadership team that is kind, transparent, easily accessible, experienced and most of all… down to earth, Reltio is an ideal work environment absent of the negative dynamics of typical corporate cultures – (such as hierarchy, office politics and cut-throat tactics). It starts with the CEO - who is hands-on at every level – working on the highest profile projects AND helping re-stock the kitchen with food for the employees. Outgoing and with a strong sense of humor, the CFO is able to engage the employees in the office and create a positive and upbeat environment. The C-Level executives and senior leadership sit with the rest of the employees at large work tables which also fosters a unique, hierarchy-free culture. At Reltio, an entry level employee is treated with the same respect and interest as a senior leadership employee. The employees are fond of each other and eager to help each other, which is encouraged through an employee-to-employee spot bonus program on the company social media platform. The company does a great job of creating strong and friendly working relationships across all of employees globally spanning across U.S., U.K., India and Russia. The state-of-the-art product is more advanced than its competitors and large companies with lots of resources still can’t f¬¬¬¬¬¬¬igure out how to make it. All of these factors (and more), have resulted in the company reaching its highest grossing sales quarter yet (this month). Reltio is a place for people who want to be on the forefront of what’s next in data and also thrive in a uniquely ideal workplace.

Cons

With the office growing rapidly, a larger campus may be in the near future.

Advice to Management

Please keep creating a culture that is free from the pitfalls of typical corporate culture (stated above). I hope that as we grow, we continue to hire people that also want to work in a positive environment and keep the culture hierarchy-free.

"Great MDM company"

I have been working at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company with incredible opportunities at the market.
    happy to be part of the culture and an amazing team.

Cons

fewer benefits compare to the monsters (Google, FB, LinkedIn)

"Half wits"

I worked at Reltio full-time

Pros

Great product idea

Cons

The company is run by a group of half wits which includes a lukewarm CEO, directionless product management, architect who has lost touch with reality and an engineering team in Russia.
    The company exclusively hires sons, daughters, wives of employees overlooking their qualifications. You need to know someone to be hired.
    Product sales is absent.

Advice to Management

To CEO - go back to your instincts.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from Remote, nothing much to tell.

Cons

worst office politics, higher management always wants to take credits for success and push all the blames to lower subordinates for all failures. All the people who are nice to higher subordinates are promoted though they are less knowledgable. Lay off's are mostly team's higher management decisions depending on their personal agenda.
    No perks, expect 24/7 availability for peanuts compensation.
    Reviews are taken from employees every year, but do not consider what ever your concerns are, it just remains same. Unstable product and too much work pressure.
    No growth, no recognition. I have given my wrong location to protect my identity.

Advice to Management

No advice, they dont consider any. its all eye wash end of the day !

"Slow Motion Train Wreck"

Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company was decent a few years ago, but has been going downhill 2017-2018. While some sales are being made, growth is slowing. Only adding 2-3 customers every quarter ~ product is so complicated that only a couple of sales reps can sell it.

Very few, as the market window is closing on this company. Direct competitors catching up and there are many technologies that can solve the same problem.

Individual contributors are decent, hardworking people

Cons

Poor Product (Performance is unreliable, Platform not Stable, Outages are common - not a multi-tenant SaaS)

Hostile Culture: Lots of finger-pointing and the blame game has been refined to an art form. CEO goes around berating his staff (literally wags his finger at people), which they inflict on their staff, and it keeps going down the chain.

Stock Options will be WORTHLESS for the typical employee. With sales slowing, the next round of funding - IF there is one - will be a major DOWN ROUND. At the current rate of sales, it will take a decade to justify the valuation from the last round of funding. Have raised over $100M with huge valuation; will get slammed when the music stops.

All the VPs and C-level execs fight with each other ~ focused on looking out for themselves. CEO seems powerless to do anything about it, or doesn't want to.

CEO and team are panicking and don't know where/how to lead. They spend all their time offsite or in conference rooms WHISPERING (literally) so employees don't hear through the paper-thin walls in the tiny, cramped HQ. Office feels like a morgue, and most people who do come into the office, keep their heads down and don't want to speak.

Spending on perks and outings has been halted, and layoffs are happening regularly ~ 3 or 4 in 2018 alone. All the talented people have left or leaving soon. VPs seem to be busy interviewing.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness - be nice to your employees. Treat people with respect.

"What a waste of a career where leadership yells at directs, and it trickles down to everyone else"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager

I worked at Reltio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Extremely hard working employees
    * Extremely nice office spaces in Bangalore, and a decent office space in the USA
    * All experienced folks in MDM space who have worked in the past with the leadership team work here

Cons

* Leadership that's not open to ideas, but rather focused on just MDM - how old
    * Instead of holding leadership accountable, they let talented and hard-working employees go first to preserve their margins
    * No alignment amongst the leadership. They all try to protect their turf
    * Sales teams blame the product stability and lack of features, and product blames the sales time for not being able to sell and missing numbers quarter after quarter for the last so many quarters
    * If you are heads-down and slogging during the day and night you are ok. Everybody else is replaceable.
    * Two rounds of layoff already, and the workplace looks and sounds like a ghost town. God ! even fun events are sad now at this company
    * Employees don't realize that the next round of funding will be a down round
    * If you are in the old boys club with C suite, you are good else you are just a number, especially when it's time to shed the meat in the wake of sales not growing nearly what it should be
    * Benefits are worse than any company I have ever seen ( No 401K matching, no annual bonus, no additional stock options even to above average employees )

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers and employees more. Don't throw engineering into a spin with off the cuff requirements. Plan more, and stick to it. Don't create half baked features. Foster a positive culture where employees are respected as human beings first. Don't throw them under the bus in front of others ( god have the decency to do it in private just out of respect to a human being ). Maybe have an offsite to really think about your employees, and make sacrifices to award them first before yourself. Hold leadership accountable before you let the hard-working minions fall off the cliff.

Oct 18, 2018 – CHRO

We take your feedback to heart and we want you to know that we are listening. While most of our employee feedback is quite positive, we acknowledge that there is always room for improvement. It is... More

"Great company! Reltio is an outlier among workplaces, getting it ALL right. No exaggeration."

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reltio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, empathetic and light-footed leadership that have not forgotten their own workforce years and its travails. Result, is an intuitive work atmosphere that respects the individual's intelligence and trusts them to deliver their best from home or from the office. This WFH flexibility and management style rocks! And of course the dynamic growth atmosphere, the competitive pay, the benefits and amazing coworkers who really smile from within. The interview process for a business professional as myself was intelligently designed to bring out both my professional and my personality aspects out. After a major stage of the interview process, the leadership wrote thank you emails with the next level of information to motivate me, even before I sent mine out . This was a pleasant surprise and tipped my decision in favor of Reltio from among three equally good choices :-). Because that said to me, that here is a company that drops hierarchical pretenses and respects you for the value you bring to the professional marketplace in equal exchange. Excellent on-boarding and new hire orientation programs. Benefits Rock!!!

Cons

There is no 401K match. :-(

Advice to Management

Please keep this awesome DNA intact as much as you can and as long as you can.

Oct 18, 2018 – CHRO

We are so happy to hear you enjoy working at Reltio! Thanks for the great feedback!