Remilon Reviews | Glassdoor

Remilon Reviews

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adrian Ridner

"Underpaid, overworked and disrespected"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Remilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remilon attracts a lot of intelligent, driven individuals, many straight out of college. They are generally wonderful to work and interact with. There are also Wednesday catered lunches, and Friday happy hours. About once a quarter there is a weekend outing such as bowling, bocce ball or picnics. There is also a wide variety of work, and everyone wears many hats. Sometimes even literally.

Cons

No one in the senior management cares about your opinion, or experience. It is really a "worker bee" mentality, where you have to just do what you're told, or else you're being "difficult."

Another huge factor is that Remilon pays well below market value, largely taking advantage of the college kids who are naive and just happy to have gotten a job. With that said, there is really no room for advancement, and no time to grow skills. The only way to succeed at Remilon is to be buddies with senior management, or the HR department, as office favoritism is rampant. A point of concern was always job security. There is extremely high turn over, between people moving on, and frequent firings.

Advice to Management

One of the core values is Respect, and employees rarely feel that receive any. ideas were tossed aside, and concerns are never heard. There is such a huge divide between upper management and the employees, which is ridiculous in such a small company. The closed door attitude of Remilon is extremely hostile, hurts morale, and stops the company from excelling.

"If you have skills, they will burn you out and cut you loose."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Remilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location. Good perks. Good fellow-employees. Good desks. Your first few months will be awesome. You'll never want to leave.

Cons

Management is awful. They can't manage their way out of a cardboard box. Some have even gone on record as saying "they hate fun". They will get you in by telling you about all the great perks and how their company lifestyle is. Everything will be sunshine and rainbows. They'll tell you to invent new things for them and "be innovative", then as soon as you give them gold, they kick you out the door because they got what they wanted out of you. The HR department will not protect you. You will never get your voice heard. Your ideas will be taken. You will be blindsided by stupidity. If you are smart and like being smart, don't work there. There are better companies out there who will embrace your abilities. They are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Advice to Management

I have no advice I want to share with upper management. You can't advice people like them, only stay away from them.

3. "This company is a joke."

Former Contractor - Content Writer
    Former Contractor - Content Writer

I worked at Remilon as a contractor

Pros

I worked remotely for this company as an academic content writer right after graduating from college - churning out article after article for those looking to settle into some career or attend a university. Since I worked from home each day, I was able to make my own hours - only pro here. Other than that, this company is an absolute joke and its "higher-ups" are equally pathetic.

Cons

Be prepared to get paid minimum wage, with little to zero chance for pay progression or advancement. Working as a consultant also means facing 1099 MISC tax on your income, which, unless you're working 60+ hours a week or more, turns out to be diddly squat.

Their "house guidelines" are comical and even their senior editors don't know what they're doing. Unfair article grading system to boot. Just an awful, awful company. Would not recommend unless you're desperate for a (measly) paycheck.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your arse - you work for an article mill.

""Making education accessible" means selling leads to for-profit colleges"

Former Employee - Software Engineering
    Former Employee - Software Engineering

I worked at Remilon full-time

Pros

Good location. Weekly happy hour with colleagues who pretend to like each other.

Cons

If you want to work for a place whose business model is selling contact info of potential students to for-profit colleges (think University of Phoenix), this is the place for you. Otherwise, it's a bunch of pretend-do-gooders who can't get jobs at real Silicon Valley companies.

Advice to Management

Get a respectable business model, and/or be honest with your employees about what you do.

"No vision, low pay, no equity"

I worked at Remilon full-time

Pros

Close to train, easy entry to Silicon Valley for fresh grads from outta state.

Cons

The majority of remilon employees are fresh college grads from out of state. This enables remilon to capture cheap talent who are unaware of Silicon Valley cost if living. The culture resembles high school a lot, which is no surprise due to the average age. There is clearly an in club around the founder, which all try to cater to.
    My biggest complaint would be that all employees are treated like children, even for seasoned developers your bathroom breaks are basically monitored. This may make sense for fresh college grads who need a little more monitoring, but for seasoned developers this is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a little freedom, and you'll be surprised what innovation may come out of it.

"Not a good company; not a good place to work"

Former Contractor - Writer
    Former Contractor - Writer

I worked at Remilon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, and... um... honestly, that's about all.

Cons

Read your contract carefully: after being happy with my work for several months, I was unceremoniously and without recourse (or warning) fired for inactivity. I asked some questions (like, how long was I inactive?) and my emails went unanswered. I'm a college professor in the field I was hired to write about and was out of the country doing field work at the time of my firing. Wouldn't you expect them to want the best contributors? Nope, only the fastest and cheapest.

Additionally, editors are inconsistent to an extreme. Feedback is arbitrary and rarely useful; rules change frequently and are difficult to follow. There is little to no opportunity to move up with the company.

Advice to Management

I know that it's easy (and cheap) to get writers, but consider getting to know them as people rather than as an anonymous and constantly replenishing work farm.

"Content Writing -- boring for you, useless to others, except profiteering management"

Pros

If you're trying to freelance as a writer, it's a line on your resume.

Cons

Poorly formulated guidelines; terrible ($10-12/hr) pay; slow and inconsistent editors; working for a company in the business of convincing (largely under-prepared) students to go into debt to attend for-profit colleges (and this business masquerades as one that cares about helping people, making it all the more hypocritical and disgusting.)

"Senior Management Lacks Integrity"

Pros

The home office is in lovely Mountain View, CA

Cons

I worked full-time in the Mountain View headquarters of Remilon for about four months. A few days after having my work verbally described by the company’s president as “perfect,” I was fired by this same person -- the President and co-founder -- with neither severance nor explanation.

In short: the senior leadership here lacks integrity – neither in-office nor remotely should any decent person engage in business with Remilon.