ReminderMedia Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2020

3.7
ReminderMedia CEO 	Steven Acree  (no image)
Steven Acree
Pros
  • "Great people, and a great experience to learn(in 10 reviews)

• "Team oriented work environment made for an optimistic outlook for lasting success with the company(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay was low but I enjoyed the learning opportunities(in 6 reviews)

• "Not much respect, at all, for a work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Client Success in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free events/activities/parties often. Kitchen, micro-market, coffee and tea, good pay, supportive management.

Cons

It can be a stressful job if sales isn't for you.

ReminderMedia2020-01-21

"Best and most fun place when I started. Completely opposite now. It is horrible."

1.0
    Current Employee - Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hearted people work there.

Cons

Too many cons to list them all.

ReminderMedia2020-04-17
  3. "Growing Company With Plenty of Oppurtunity"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company that is growing year over year with a lot of areas to seriously make a difference.

Cons

Staffing certain management areas can be difficult so as a result there is a lot of role overlap.

ReminderMedia2020-02-21
  4. "Gain experience then move on and up"

Former Employee - Corporate Web Strategist

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Youthful energy. Company outings. Good people.

Cons

Too few opportunities for promotion

ReminderMedia2020-02-04

"Like the Jonas Brothers would say, "I'd go back and ride that rollercoaster.""

Former Employee - Customer Service in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

99% of the people at this company are extremely genuine and want each other to succeed. The expectations of leadership are high, but they are fair, and help is always available to those who ask for it (and those who don't.) The number of people in this company who truly buy into the vision of RM is impressive. I always find it odd when companies talk about "drinking the kool-aid" since the origin of that saying didn't work out too well for originators, however, at ReminderMedia, drinking the Kool-Aid is more associated with a refreshing tropical cooler to enjoy while gleefully doing your job. If you are lucky enough to work for ReminderMedia, you should drink the Kool-Aid, "it's grrrrreat!" - Tony the Tiger. The CEO of ReminderMedia is an incredibly talented and passionate genius. The guy loves the company he built and will sit at ANY desk in the entire building in an effort to keep his finger on the pulse of his business and keep a strong understanding of what his employees are dealing with. The President of the company is also a star. He loves to use his hands when he talks, and enjoys a good confetti cannon, however his true passion is helping as many people find success, including his own team. Almost all of the Senior Level Leaders are fantastic. It is clear in a quick conversation that they know what they are talking about and they have a true passion for what ReminderMedia does. There is a very small sample of senior leaders (1) who seem to stab backwards, if you figure out who that person is, be very careful questioning their ideas, it probably won't work out in your favor. Luckily, ReminderMedia is a sum of it's parts, and the good FAR outweighs the bad.

Cons

None of the cons are anything more than the simple things that you will find at any company I would be hard pressed to point out any ReminderMedia specific cons. Certainly nothing that would have a serious impact on how I would rate the company as a whole. KPI's do not ALWAYS show the whole story of an employees day in CS, which can cause some frustration. Basically, this place rocks, and there is no reason anyone wouldn't be able to make some money here.

ReminderMedia2020-01-10

January 28, 2020Dir of Human Resources

Thanks for your review! As you know, we greatly value the feedback of all our employees. We’re glad you enjoyed your time at ReminderMedia, and we wish you the best of luck in your future.

6. "Apply here"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay Great people Great culture Great leadership

Cons

Changes made with no advance notice at times that effect little aspects of the job

ReminderMedia2020-01-04

January 28, 2020Dir of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We’re happy that you’re enjoying your time with ReminderMedia so far. Rest assured that we are always working to communicate changes as clearly and as soon as possible.

"Direct Sales"

Former Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyable culture day in and day with strong objection training. Team oriented work environment made for an optimistic outlook for lasting success with the company.

Cons

Struggled to find the silver lining behind the somewhat unrealistic financial gain I was somewhat promised during the interview process. In today’s digital world we live in we were encouraged to persuade prospects to invest into a one time trial of which is turns into a contract that is difficult to get out of.

ReminderMedia2019-11-05

January 28, 2020Dir of Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We have found that individuals with the right skills and mind-set are able to do very well within our company. However, we acknowledge that ReminderMedia is not the right fit for everyone. As far as our trial period is concerned, we do let our customers know that they are free to cancel before the trial ends and their contract period officially begins. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

8. "Good place"

Current Employee - Business Operations Intern

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work fun place

Cons

Routine like, very structured but also fun

ReminderMedia2019-08-06

August 9, 2019Dir of Human Resources

Thank you for your review! “Fun” is one of ReminderMedia’s core values, and we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying yourself. We’re dedicated to creating an amazing experience for our customers, as well as all of our employees.

"The only review you need to read."

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales and Team Lead in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This was the first sales job that I struggled with. Every other sales gig I have ever had just came naturally. See below. I’d like to preface this review with the following: This is the ONLY review you need to read. I’ve been on both sides of the coin here (sales and the sales management team, often back and forth from each) so grab some pop corn and let’s begin. 1. This place is full of amazing people that TRULY care about you. Managers and trainers are paid off of your sales, so EVERYONE training and coaching you is 100% in your corner. I’m speaking from first hand experience training new employees. I would literally look at new hires with excitement as they were the only way I’d make money. If you’re worried about being left in the dust and forgotten, that is not how RM is structured to be. Your trainer/leader won’t eat if you don’t sell. There is significant interest in you succeeding here. Yes, some people fail and fall off, but that’s unfortunately out of the hand of anyone. If you’re mentally tough and ready to work hard, call the recruiters and find a way here. 2. People tend to hate on the CEO getting in your face/cubicle trying to push you (sometimes I did too)... The best advice I ever received on the matter was “please name another multi millionaire that you know that’s willing to spend hours on end trying to make you better.” Can you name another? Didn’t think so. Personally, I don’t even know another millionaire. I’d literally have to google one, but that’s not the point here. The point is the guy built this company from a garage, and 15 years later is still devoting time to new employee’s grasp on the sales process. If he gets in your face, LISTEN. If you don’t like an intense and passionate leader, then you won’t make it anywhere let alone here. 3. There is significant money to be made. They literally pay you more money than you collect per sale. Example: If you sell something worth $1, remindermedia will pay you (as the sales rep) $1.50. Get the point? If you like making money, find a way to get a job here. I made more money than my friends that graduated from med school, and it isn’t rocket science to sell here. Overall, if you want an opportunity to make some serious money, than this is the time to get a seat here. Once you start closing sales, you’ll sell to warm leads which is often like taking candy from a small child. If you’re willing to dial your butt off, constructively deal with rejection, and can be OK with a challenging first month or two... get a seat here. The money is bananas. PS: they also have free bananas. Tons of other fruit too. Not just bananas... there are apples too. Snacks, pizza, yogurt, pretzels, etc etc... it’ll help get you by during a tough day. The manager is the man. Would recommend to a friend. Other reps that leave often ask to come back. That tells you a lot about the leadership here. #barz

Cons

Chill with the flip flop on policies. Pick some rules. Ride it out for at least a year. See what happens. Change for the following year. And repeat... TL to caller ratio is way off. Need more products - sell the crm and the software. The 48 pages won’t get you to $100mil alone (for real), but the crm will... put that baby into play and let it roar.

ReminderMedia2019-06-26

June 27, 2019Marketing Coordinator

1. Thank your this incredible review! 2. Wishing you serious success in every adventure you find yourself in for the future. 3. #barz

"Tons of opportunity and growth"

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time for more than a year

Pros

After being here for a couple of years now I can honestly say that working here has been the best thing for my career. With my position, I am responsible for working with almost every department in ReminderMedia and everyone here is so committed and motivated to what they do. Ownership and action is encouraged and rewarded here, so this company is not for the lazy. If you're willing to work hard and run towards the goals, it won't go unnoticed. Upper management has a great sense for company culture and knows when we work hard, we should play hard too. There are company events each quarter as well as individual team-building activities in a lot of the departments. Free snacks, company lunches, and the occasional beer cart are great perks as well. One of my favorite things about the teams here are that they are not afraid to test things. We're always looking to inspire our clients to take action in their business, so it's a great feeling to work for a company that practices what they preach. In terms of growth, if you want it you need to go get it. Make your goals known and show that you're serious and the opportunities are endless.

Cons

Not sure what to put for a con if I'm being honest. It's all mindset. If you come into work wanting to grow and wanting your team to be successful, nothing will seem like an obstacle.

ReminderMedia2019-06-07