ReminderMedia Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven Acree

Pros
  • this crew thrives from a positive work environment and is a close-knit family that supports each other; no matter what (in 8 reviews)

• Along with being willing to help you grow personally and professionally (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You're constantly micro managed - Sales quotas are measured, literally, hourly (in 3 reviews)

• I would recommend McDonalds over this terrible work environment (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great job if you are willing to work hard. If you want easy you have walked into the wrong doors."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, first and foremost. Money is good if you aren't afraid to work for it. If you need to be coddled you need not apply.

Cons

Work/life balance. Then again a 401k with real money in it helps you know retirement with a good chunk of change is possible.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the people that want to be there. The people that don't will flush themselves out and write excuses and blame others for why they couldn't make it at RM here on Glassdoor.

"Great company with growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time

Pros

Pay is good and standard benefits package is sponsored by company. Lots of food (company subsidized, though usually not free) year-round. Starting at 9am is helpful for non-morning people

Work is usually interesting and varied, constant growth keeps employees busy. Products are things employees can be proud of, and are of high quality and greatly respected.

Comfortable-enough work environment (though CEO does have a habit of sneaking up on people with his hoverboard, which isn't great if you have high anxiety; he also always sounds angry when he speaks, which is a small thing that impacts employee morale negatively). Everyone is friendly and happy to help when you need something

Company president and management are very involved with work, but don't micro-manage.

Cons

Company's internal management software is among the worst out there and takes a very long time to find anything, even for an experienced employee. Definitely slows work productivity.

Hours aren't flexible enough to be helpful - mandatory 1 hour lunch makes the workday feel very long, (especially when you just eat at your desk anyway because there's so much work to get done on a too-short timeframe).

Company can't hire fast enough for growth, so new projects often add a great deal of stress to already busy teams.

PTO is somewhat limited compared to other companies in similar fields, and weeks do feel extra long compared to other workplaces.

Advice to Management

Flexible hours would work wonders to resolve a lot of commuting problems and long-day doldrums.

Mar 24, 2017 – Human Resources

It is hard to keep our energetic CEO in his chair, which is part of what makes us great! As we grow, we hope to be able to provide more flexibility with work hours. We believe that taking a break ... More

"Just a place to add to your resume"

Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Villanova, PA
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Villanova, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia (More than a year)

Pros

As a college student, ReminderMedia was an excellent place to get real world experience in an office environment. They are flexible with intern schedules and extend your internship if there is mutual interest. As an intern here, you are also able to sit with different department heads, and learn about different aspects/roles of the company. This is also one of the few internships that pay! The employees are also great people! This is a great job for college students who need and internship under their belt to build their resume and gain experience to move on better opportunities post-graduation.

Cons

Working for ReminderMedia as an intern is extremely boring. Hours upon hours of endless data entry and senseless 30 second phone calls to Real Estate offices. Not a lucrative internship by any means. In the 12+ months I interned, I noticed extremely high employee turnover (including both members of HR who hired me), poor employee morale, micro-managed workers (the CEO rides around on his hover-board eying in on his sales staff), nepotism, and scattered management among departments (constant departmental shifts). This company has been around for 13 years and still has a start-up vibe due to their inability to innovate their company and invest in their employees.

Advice to Management

Not everything that counts can be counted. Focusing solely on sales rather than ways to innovate is why this company has plateaued. Take a look at what other companies do to become successful. Think big picture, rather than focusing on little victories.

Mar 24, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback.

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice co-workers that try to make is a good place to work. Not a bad location in KOP

Cons

Management does not treat people well. Often spoken down too..called insulting names in a condescending manner. Most employees are looking for new work. Is a sense of uneasiness all through out the company. Owner paces back and forth in a neurotic manner. Not a good place to be. Team members hate working there. Little recognition when things are done well and lots of terrible favoritism and nepotism. Please don't accept a job here. I would recommend McDonalds over this terrible work environment.

Advice to Management

Please sell the company to someone that cares about their employees.

Aug 5, 2016 – Human Resources

There are two attributes that all highly successful people share; belief in their purpose (passion) and indefatigable persistence. In a sales environment where constant change and growth of ... More

"disfunction anyone?"

Former Employee - Sales in Phoenixville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia (More than a year)

Pros

If you are in sales, expect to be micro managed. These guys ask you to lie day in day out about some non existent dicount they offer. If you go in to the job with confidence, you'll leave confused as to what just happened.

Cons

You have to realize a lot of what your being asked to do is based on a maniacs emotional reasons, not in broadly accepted sales best practices. If you like disfunction, you found the place.

Advice to Management

Please find a good therapist. You and your workers need it. And take and sales training courses. You'll have to change your whole approach but it will be worth it.

Apr 5, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for the taking time to write a review. Our fast paced, high energy culture is not always a fit for everyone. We wish you the best of luck.

"Real job with real opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ReminderMedia is a great place to work. Not only does it have the atmosphere of encouraged success, but it is a company that wants you to succeed. ReminderMedia values the valuable person and don't keep you limited to just a caller or just a marketer. It's a company that wants you to achieve, make money, and grow.

Cons

The benefits could be better for both the single person and the family.

Company should be closed on Christmas Eve.

Top producers need to be held more accountable rather than laughed off because they sell. No call no show should mean no job, no matter what.

Advice to Management

Management is great. They are team players. They are really great at what they do and work very hard at making sure we all make money. The training, the motivation, the opportunity is what makes this company what it is. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that this company believes in their employees.

Jan 26, 2016 – Human Resources

We value your honest feedback so that we can continue to grow as an organization. Thank you!

"Absolutely terrible place to work"

Former Employee - IT Department in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Department in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at ReminderMedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people work there. All departments from sales to tech are full of really nice people.

Cons

Management is aggressive, unhelpful, and unwilling to provide training when forcing an employee to take another position or role.

Jan 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. As an innovative and growing organization, our environment can be quite challenging at times and is not for everyone. We appreciate your feedback and wish you much ... More

"A Thriving & Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia (More than 8 years)

Pros

ReminderMedia is full of opportunity and is growing rapidly. The environment is team oriented and full of high energy. Management does a great job of making things fun for the team as well as provide attainable goals on a daily basis. They do a good job of challenging you so that you can grow professionally.

Cons

It would be nice to have earlier work hours as an option.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Dec 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback.

"Working at Reminder Media"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay well - Good company parties - They buy lunch fairly often

Cons

just about every con (other than pay) exists at this company. You're constantly micro managed - Sales quotas are measured, literally, hourly. If you have not "one call closed" someone by lunchtime you can be sure management will say something. Day's get long. Their is a huge double standard, and favoritism displayed at the management level. Not much respect, at all, for a work/life balance. The amount of turnover is crazy, but that simply stems from the managements ability to retain employees, which is not a priority for them.

Advice to Management

It is sold that these positions are available, but in reality they are not.

Dec 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Our Inside Sales Representatives are compensated based on performance. This environment is tough and is not for everyone. We appreciate your feedback.

"Incredible work atmosphere"

Current Employee - List and Photo Marketing Advisor in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - List and Photo Marketing Advisor in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at ReminderMedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with Remindermedia right out of College in 2012. Since then this company has helped me grow as a professional, marketer, sales person, leader, provider and person. When I started there was a lack of leadership but in the past 2 years some young leaders have risen up and taken the reigns next to the CEO and COO to help boost the company back in the right direction.

Cons

It is a small company. Great for starting your career right out of college or if you are really good at sales. But there isn't a lot of room for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Continue with your plan to put weekly training into place during paid hours for all employees. That has made a HUGE difference.

Sep 14, 2015 – Communications Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!