Remington College Reviews | Glassdoor

Remington College Reviews

Found 163 reviews

2.5
Jerald M. Barnett
Pros
  • "Starting pay is good compared to other jobs out there right now(in 7 reviews)

• "management is very understanding and will work with you to resolve any issues or discomforts that you feel with your work environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management has no clue how to run an institution of higher learning(in 12 reviews)

• "The health insurance is expansive with high deductibles and there's a lot of turnovers due to poor management(in 10 reviews)

1. "Pharmacy tech instructor"

I worked at Remington College full-time

Pros

It was great no complain

Cons

I have no cons at all

Remington College2019-03-08
    • "Upper Management is Killing the Company"

Former Employee - Campus Dean

I worked at Remington College full-time

Pros

The initial mission is a good one--giving quality education to a diverse and underserved population.

Cons

Upper management has no clue how to run an institution of higher learning. The budget cuts show no regard for the staff as people, they foster no loyalty, and the lack of campus management makes compliance with accrediting bodies questionable. Students are not getting properly served and upper management has created a hostile and degrading work environment for all staff.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and manage responsibly, not from a place of anger and domination. Working there was soul crushing. I would rate ZERO stars if it were possible.

Remington College2019-05-14
      • "Gross. Diploma mill."

Current Employee - Faculty

I have been working at Remington College part-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I haven't got any.

Cons

I've had 6 bosses in 5 years. I've been told to change grades after submitting. I have been told that grades would be changed for me, after I submit them. I've been chastised for adhering to the school policy for late work; by the way they did away with that policy... no academic integrity, rigor, or standards. This is the worst of the industry.

Advice to Management

Get real.

Remington College2019-05-14

"An enligtening experience...."

Former Employee - Written Communications Instructor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This was one of the best jobs I ever had. Not only was I able to teach, but I was able to coordinate events as well. Which I really enjoyed the most about this job- they allowed me room to be and express my creative talents. Working at the Dallas campus was awesome, under Mr.Walls and Gonzales leadership. I loved ( most ) of the students not all. Furthermore, the staff was dynamic. Real team players whom supported...

Cons

I disliked complaining students; that were not mature enough to bring or voice their complaints directly to the Instructor. In the "Real World" you cant go run and tell on your boss, you have to rectify the situation. The 3 star rating came due to headquarters leadership.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, I estimate this school will be closed by DECEMBER 2022.The new leadership laid off a signicant number of important staff. The President Mr.Walls after 30 years of service was fired, after that came the domino effect of laid off staff'- myself included. Enrollment plummetted. My advice \bring the old regime back, People who did their jobs well [ Courtney] to Recruit Tabatha [ placements] and Felicia...

Remington College2019-04-05
      • "Medical billing and coding instructor"

I worked at Remington College

Pros

Enjoyed working with the students

Cons

Pay is awful. Never received a pay increase for the whole time employed with the employer. Very disappointed

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a fair wage and create pay scales for instructors by seniority and teacher evaluations

Remington College2019-03-23
        • "Appreciation goes a long way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, FL

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great co-workers. Very loyal employees that work hard and roll with the changes even when though changes do not make sense.

Cons

The newer management would make snap decisions without first seeing what departments needed to be notified. Several changes were made that effected the way we provide customer service but only one area knew of the changes. Confusing for the students, staff and everyone involved.

Advice to Management

Loyalty should be valued and the opinions of qualified staff should be appreciated. When making decisions, a mock up should be done to see what departments would be affected.

Remington College2019-03-18
        • "Admissions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay coworkers benefits lunch location

Cons

Micromanagement stress hours parking cubicles

Remington College2019-03-03
        • "Roles and Expectations"

Former Employee - Admissions Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-12-14 dollars an hour -If you are a full-time worker they can pay your gym membership

Cons

No career succession planning No upward mobility No pay raises Very Very Bureaucratic Political Office Environment Dishonest Work Preview and Job Description They will tell you its not a call center, yet all you do is make more calls than typical call centers (300 -500) calls a day. You are calling very disgruntled and homeless people that are not looking for school

Advice to Management

-Cross train the FA, Admissions, and the retention department this will make the job feel less tedious and will help turnover (40 percent) since I was there for one year. -Make fun events for the staff, and design the job to be meaningful

Remington College2019-03-29
        • "Great employment opportunity"

Former Employee - Lead Instructor in Webster, TX

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great co-workers and students

Cons

Horrible upper management at this location...the president is my less favorable person

Advice to Management

More HR training, appreciate present employees and motivate them to stay and do their best

Remington College2019-02-17
        • "I worked with Remington College for about a year."

Former Employee - Assistant in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Remington College full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can not think of any Pros.

Cons

Management does not safe guard employees from mistreatment.

Remington College2019-03-19