KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Remington Hotels Employee Reviews about "corporate office"

Updated Feb 12, 2020

Found 11 of over 441 reviews

3.9
Remington Hotels President and CEO Sloan Dean
Sloan Dean

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Remington Hotels and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "corporate office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunity for Growth

Oct 22, 2019 - Vice President of Operations in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remington offers many advancement opportunities for those in the field and at the corporate office. There is a great support system for individuals who desire this path which makes Remington a great place to build your career!

Cons

Remington had been behind related to technology upgrades, but they are engaged in making improvements which will only increase management's ability to streamline processes and procedures.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Frustrated Experience

Jul 8, 2016 -  in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I honestly can not find any PROs for this company, from the CEO to the management of the hotels. The fist gets rotten from the head , it is so real in this company.

Cons

Salaries are a n insult to the intelligence of any human, their salary criteria is based on a master plan for all the properties that they managed , or better said , properties that they run down, the quality of some of the employees is really poor or bad this is due that hey hire people under qualified in order to match their offered salaries bringing as result over burden to those employees that actually know and understand the business. the most important factors are the 5 drivers , which are not achievable , 55% profit whit including management and franchise fees, and all the massive expenses that must take place in order to have the building in a semi functional state, buildings are maintain with PAINT and creative efforts from the engineering team, as the company as a whole does not believe in annual contracts for up keeping of the properties, Corporate office MICRO manage the properties , dictating un-realistic work schedules, expecting managers to work 24 hours 7 days a week. They provide the worse type of employees benefits super expensive insurance plans, vacation , sick and holiday times are all together an it takes an act of congress and God combined in order to get approved to use at least one day as there is always a shortage of employees.

8 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you so much for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to create an environment that is enjoyable, rewards great work, allows employees to use their time off at their convenience, and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. We are sorry to hear that you didn't feel that way while you were working with us. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can change this perception about our company. Please feel free to email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Under New Management

May 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro is that the new president is forward thinking and at least seems to be somewhat concerned with the people on property. He's also open to new ideas if data doesn't support his preconceived notions. Corporate office is so behind technologically that you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn new skills as new technology is being introduced as well as make a name for yourself by introducing new reporting Ashford typically gives out stock to Remington corporate associates

Cons

HR clearly doesn't abide by the ethical guiding principle. Almost all of the 5 star reviews for the last 6 months are from GMs and VPs as there has been a company wide initiative to increase the company's reputation. It was in the lower 2s in November 2017. Most reviews after November 2017 should be taken with a grain of salt Company's technology is awful. Financials and databases are done almost exclusively in Excel Bonuses at the corporate level are almost exclusively for VPs and above Remington makes it extremely difficult for hotel staff to earn bonuses. This as well as lower pay resulted in a ton of turnover. This may be changing with the new president It was definitely an old boys club until January

11 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your perspective. We think our stock offerings are great and agree our new COO is forward thinking and cares a lot about the people in our organization! We frequently hear from job candidates they are very interested in the positive things that Remington is doing to engage and retain talented candidates and employees and to that end, we invite our associates (at all levels of the organization) to share their experiences on GlassDoor (and other sites as well). While HR does NOT solicit five star reviews, we certainly appreciate all of the feedback we have received, both positive and constructive. It helps us build on our strengths and learn from our opportunities. Respectfully, Kim Burak, SVP of HR

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid; under-resourced; high turn-over; management malfeasance; weak benefits

Jul 10, 2013 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free parking, jobs are always available because of high turn-over. Some hotels have free employee meals. The brand representatives feel sorry for you so they try to help you.

Cons

I've worked for Marriott. Don't confuse Remington with any mainstream hotel company, they fall short in every category. They harass, force false numbers to hit numbers that were pulled out of thin air. There is no actual concern or even survey of employee satisfaction. The ownership and the mgmt. company are actually the same people so there's no accountability except they are a public company. They set-up property mgmt. to fail which why they have high turn-over with GMs. Everyone is expendable except 3 or 4 people in the corporate office and they remind you of that daily. They used to be Mariner, one of the worse hotel companies in the 70's, 80's. Same song, same tune, different title.

5 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for voicing your concern. We constantly strive to have a company that rewards great work and inspires employees to believe in our vision. Giving employees the resources they need to find success is a critical part of our mission. We know you left a lot of feedback for us already, but if you have anything additional you would like to share, please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Exciting Company with Emerging Opportunities

Jan 21, 2020 - DVP of Sales & Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice balance of results oriented accountability with employee engagement and recognition. Actively promotes personal growth with opportunities at all levels of hotel and corporate office. New programs in place to support associates wanting to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

Some growth pains but progress is made daily

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for!

Apr 8, 2019 - Director of Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined Remington. Remington has done a great job bringing together a great group of professionals. This property has immense potential for success! The Executive Team does a great job in being approachable and showing true interest in the associate and their success with the company. Everyone in the corporate office is approachable and willing to help which is always welcomed from a recent acquisition.

Cons

As with any transition into a new market, there will be challenges. Remington is doing a good job in keeping its team updated and with plenty of support.

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience working with us! We greatly appreciate all your hard work and contributions! If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback, we would be happy to continue the conversation. Feel free to email us at feedback@remingtonhotels.com and we will get back to you soon! Best wishes.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company to work for!

Aug 15, 2018 - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remington is an experienced company that cares about their employees. I am provided with the key resources, support and tools to perform in my job. The executive leadership at the corporate office and property level have implemented great programs that focus on the associate.

Cons

There are no downsides to working at Remington.

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

We are pleased to hear that you’ve had a great experience with us! We are always available should you need anything. If you would like to provide any more thoughts or feedback about training and development, we would be happy to continue the conversation. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best regards.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Constant fire drills

Mar 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company was an introduction to the hospitality industry. Remington has a growing acquisition rate of hotels. The younger employees have a high level of potential, if they are given the right direction.

Cons

Poisonous work environment. Starts at the top and rolls down. No clear road map to the strategy of the company. Too much focus on Mr Bennett's Ranch woes or political viewpoint than how to improve the operations of the corporate office. Healthcare benefits are laughable and only pays at the lowest price comparison of providers.

7 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to learn that your experience with your fellow employees and the work environment has been less than positive. Responding to employees’ concerns and thoughts should absolutely be a top priority for a manager. If you have time, we would love to hear about your experience and any ways in which you think we could improve the work environment for all employees, for example, best ways about how you recommend that we invest in our employees. You can email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Hard yet fun work

Sep 8, 2011 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s Hospitality and you get to treat customers “Guests” like royalty. When you think about it that is how everyone should treat customers. Without them no business will survive.

Cons

Health insurance for your family does not exist. Well technically it does but all the employees here say the cost of the “benefit” is more money than they get paid. So if you have anyone other than yourself to take care of do not work for these people. Turn over is high at the property level. You know that if you don’t like some one odds are one of you will be gone within a month or 2. Even when you reach the benchmarks “goals” they (Upper Management in a corporate office away from customers) set you can not get a raise.

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Our goal is to provide employees with the tools necessary to succeed within our organization and in their careers. We try to be transparent about how our company works, and helping employees meet their needs is always a top priority. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can improve. Please email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Manager

Feb 4, 2016 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

growing and established company with great hotels spread throughout the states

Cons

unprofessional managers throughout the company and sad many at corporate office

Human Resources

Thank you so much for your concern. Professionalism should be a top priority for a manager and we are sorry to hear that you didn’t experience that while you were working with Remington. Given the opportunity, we would like to hear more from you about your experience and ways in which we can improve. Please feel free to email feedback@remingtonhotels.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Best wishes.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 English Reviews