Remington Medical, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Fred Aycock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Positive learning experience and teamwork!"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great group of people working towards common goals. The company is growing and has had its struggles but has adapted well and I am always surprised at how long the majority of the employees have been there.

Cons

Growth can sometimes be a struggle. But the changes in healthcare have been positive. Needs work on process documentation for effectively executing ones role.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and continue investing in the business. Always work to make people feel valued and as though their contribution matters.

2. "-5 Stars Miserable Work Environment"

Former Employee - Clean Room in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Clean Room in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Production overtime and 3 good looking men work there, are the only reason I stayed so long.

Cons

Everything else is sad. Fred the owner is insane. His Son's are trying to save the face of the company by being the marketing cover up team. The owner watches and puts cameras on his employees. There is a no talking policy you can't talk in the breakroom!! The employees only stay because they are afriad to leave and they don't know anything else. Insurance is too much!! $200 per check for medical only.

Advice to Management

Fred, let your employees talk please! Its miserable working there.
    Stop sending employees home for talking to eachother. It's ABUSIVE!! Not Normal. Or one day you and your Son's will have to work in the clean rooms to get the production done.

Fire your upper mgt and VP's. Fred,
    hire people that will tell you why your company is losing so much money.
    Stop keeping the people who tell you what you want to hear because it's not going to fix anything.
    Fred, go to anger mgt class your employees are not your children.
    Your company has awesome potential but you need serious help. I was told by one of your trusted VPs that they must run "interference" so you will calm down.
    The "fire everyone in production until you get people who won't talk plan" like you did in the Dominican isn't going to work. "Fire your best paid Liars"
    I could go on and on but don't expect to work there and actually think your going to help them grow. Its not going to happen. Just go get yelled at, make your money and keep your mouth shut!

"Don't know what to say v.p of engineer and process engineer don't trust them they think they run the company"

Pros

Reason for work here need a pay check small company few nice ppl

Cons

Too many hats to wear they have new machine to keep us busy

Advice to Management

They all need to start over or get fire ...... the big question is why turn over rate is so high I see a lot of ppl left for some reason that don't make sense why? Why? Why?

"Good Worker bad Management"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. There is a sense of community that is very strong with in the co-workers.

Cons

No room for growth. You are stuck doing the same thing and no moving up the ladder. The CEO is beyond rude, egocentric, disrespectful and verbally abusive towards employees. He feels he can get away with anything because he owns the company. Terrible role model and leader.

Advice to Management

Tread people with decency. Health insurance got better but there is room for improvement.

5. "Fast paced, and team effort"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere and supportive team. Everyone pulls their weight and is recognized for hard work.

Cons

The change in management has brought lots of change, but I don’t really see that as a con.

Advice to Management

I would recommend working at Remington Medical to anyone. It has great structure and lots of opportunity for move up in the company.

6. "Great Company, Exciting Products, Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Remington Medical is a great growing company. As a private medical device company it faces challenges with budgetary concerns that large medical device companies simply do not face. However, I have never been told no with purchasing necessary equipment or items to make the workplace a more efficient.

You get the opportunity to work in many different areas and can form the job into what you want. No job at Remington is single facetted.

Cons

Health insurance could be better. But in today's day and age that seems to be a fluid idea and something beyond a single company's control. Growth is always an issue. They are now located in two buildings (a half mile apart) and that causes some difficulty but nothing earth shattering.

7. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Fun leadership

Cons

benefits were the reason I had to leave the company.

8. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting to work for a growing company that truly cares about our customers, as well as, the employees.

Cons

Phenomenal growth brings many changes. Personally, I like growth, change, and new opportunities. Others might view change as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Don't work there"

Pros

Great people. Good "get your feet wet and move on" job. Fair pay. You are not micro managed. Perfect for entry level.

Cons

Technology is severely outdated which creates conflicts between departments. The lack of technology and/or investment back into the company has also put the company far behind other medical device company's current standards. CEO is a hot head and has a history of being irrational.

"Remington Medical, Inc."

Current Employee - Production Associate in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Associate in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people to work with. Good Vision and Dental coverage. Good learning place for someone to get acquainted with Medical Devices.

Cons

They don't pay very well, and their Health Ins. coverage leaves something to be desired. You will find some conflicts in some depts.