Remington Medical, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Fred Aycock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to work for"

I worked at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Here you have plenty of room to learn and advance, you are given tasks do get done and are free to do what you need to do to get it done as long as you stay within the SOP's, had a great time working at RMI

Cons

Company benefits could use some improvement

Advice to Management

Give a little more in benefits, it will go a long way making loyalty

Aug 16, 2018

Thank you for your review of your time while at Remington. We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with growth opportunities presented to you. We are always looking to improve... More

2. "Exhausting place to work"

I worked at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At least what they sell is worthwhile

Cons

Only one IT guy, everyone seems miserable, bland environment, family run and strict, no training process whatsoever, too little fish in huge pond of med industry, no respect from founder (he will scream at the sales team), zero work like balace (PTO accumulates like a water droplet)

Advice to Management

Focus on training your employees properly, show some appreciation to your office workers, don't come in screaming at the sales team, allow for more of a work-life balance.

Aug 20, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your review of your experience while at Remington Medical. While we understand your experience wasn’t positive, we always like to hear feedback from current and former employees. It... More

3. "Life Work Balance!!"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great life work balance. Very passionate team members.

Cons

Going well at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep up the community feel.

Jun 12, 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review! We know the importance of a work/life balance and strive to achieve this for all of our team members. We thank you for being a part of the Remington family.

4. "Great company, feels like family!"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Everyone knows you here and there is a lot of camaraderie amongst employees. Leadership is fun and they really listen to input from everybody here. You are recognized when you contribute an idea or a way to make improvements. I've seen merit increases, market adjustment increases for pay, and project-related bonuses during my tenure here. Work-life balance is also recognized here. I definitely recommend this company!

Cons

Insurance rates are high, but Remington has done a great job in past years of not increasing our rates and we've seen some rates go down a little. And because it's a smaller company, you may be asked to wear several hats, but that can also be an opportunity to grow and learn new skills. So overall, not that bad!

Advice to Management

Keep working to lower insurance rates each year. Thanks for the chance to be with a company that feels like a big family. I look forward to being part of this team for many years to come!

5. "-5 Stars Miserable Work Environment"

Former Employee - Clean Room in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Clean Room in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Production overtime and 3 good looking men work there, are the only reason I stayed so long.

Cons

Everything else is sad. Fred the owner is insane. His Son's are trying to save the face of the company by being the marketing cover up team. The owner watches and puts cameras on his employees. There is a no talking policy you can't talk in the breakroom!! The employees only stay because they are afriad to leave and they don't know anything else. Insurance is too much!! $200 per check for medical only.

Advice to Management

Fred, let your employees talk please! Its miserable working there.
    Stop sending employees home for talking to eachother. It's ABUSIVE!! Not Normal. Or one day you and your Son's will have to work in the clean rooms to get the production done.

Fire your upper mgt and VP's. Fred,
    hire people that will tell you why your company is losing so much money.
    Stop keeping the people who tell you what you want to hear because it's not going to fix anything.
    Fred, go to anger mgt class your employees are not your children.
    Your company has awesome potential but you need serious help. I was told by one of your trusted VPs that they must run "interference" so you will calm down.
    The "fire everyone in production until you get people who won't talk plan" like you did in the Dominican isn't going to work. "Fire your best paid Liars"
    I could go on and on but don't expect to work there and actually think your going to help them grow. Its not going to happen. Just go get yelled at, make your money and keep your mouth shut!

Aug 20, 2018 – HR Director

6. "Positive learning experience and teamwork!"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great group of people working towards common goals. The company is growing and has had its struggles but has adapted well and I am always surprised at how long the majority of the employees have been there.

Cons

Growth can sometimes be a struggle. But the changes in healthcare have been positive. Needs work on process documentation for effectively executing ones role.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and continue investing in the business. Always work to make people feel valued and as though their contribution matters.

"Don't know what to say v.p of engineer and process engineer don't trust them they think they run the company"

Pros

Reason for work here need a pay check small company few nice ppl

Cons

Too many hats to wear they have new machine to keep us busy

Advice to Management

They all need to start over or get fire ...... the big question is why turn over rate is so high I see a lot of ppl left for some reason that don't make sense why? Why? Why?

Aug 20, 2018

"Good Worker bad Management"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. There is a sense of community that is very strong with in the co-workers.

Cons

No room for growth. You are stuck doing the same thing and no moving up the ladder. The CEO is beyond rude, egocentric, disrespectful and verbally abusive towards employees. He feels he can get away with anything because he owns the company. Terrible role model and leader.

Advice to Management

Tread people with decency. Health insurance got better but there is room for improvement.

Aug 20, 2018

9. "Fast paced, and team effort"

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time

Pros

Family atmosphere and supportive team. Everyone pulls their weight and is recognized for hard work.

Cons

The change in management has brought lots of change, but I don’t really see that as a con.

Advice to Management

I would recommend working at Remington Medical to anyone. It has great structure and lots of opportunity for move up in the company.

10. "Great Company, Exciting Products, Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Remington Medical, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Remington Medical is a great growing company. As a private medical device company it faces challenges with budgetary concerns that large medical device companies simply do not face. However, I have never been told no with purchasing necessary equipment or items to make the workplace a more efficient.

You get the opportunity to work in many different areas and can form the job into what you want. No job at Remington is single facetted.

Cons

Health insurance could be better. But in today's day and age that seems to be a fluid idea and something beyond a single company's control. Growth is always an issue. They are now located in two buildings (a half mile apart) and that causes some difficulty but nothing earth shattering.