Remitly Employee Reviews about "care about customers"
51% would recommend to a friend
(5 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "bad leadership and high attrition of high performers" (in 9 reviews)
- "Management is aware of the problem and has made large strides towards improvement." (in 8 reviews)
- "Some senior managers are awesome but some will drain your patience." (in 7 reviews)
- "Very low pay compared to state median rate" (in 6 reviews)
- "No 401k matching plan (yet)" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Remitly and is not affected by filters.
Found 5 of over 271 reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "care about customers"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jun 27, 2022Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWest Seattle, WA
Amazing culture - lots of empathy, listening, and open-mindedness Mission - everyone really cares about their work and our customers D&I - not just lip service Mgmt - actually cares about employees and their wellbeing
Growing Pains - still figuring out how to collaborate as a growing company1Remitly Response2y
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! And thank you for being an important part of the team! I'm especially happy to hear that you appreciate our culture, focus on DEI, and that you know/see we care deeply about our customers + team. I also appreciate you sharing the challenges with 'growing pains' and collaboration. This is definitely a challenge for rapidly growing companies and will be a focus for us as we continue to scale. If you ever have any specific suggestions on things we can do better here, please ping me with a slack or email. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback and for being an important part of the team!
- 4.0Mar 18, 2021DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSeattle, WA
- You will be stretched - You will learn the right way and wrong way to be 'data driven' - People are competitive and want to win - They're getting better at teamwork - For the most part, people truly care about the customer and about fostering a positive work culture If you are junior and want to grow, this is the place.
- There will be politics - There are some big egos in the room and strange power dynamics with certain individuals - The team can't balance "sweat the details" and just getting stuff done quickly - They are generous promoting outsiders but stingy promoting their own homegrown talentRemitly Response3y
Thanks so much for your note and feedback and for your contributions to Remitly over +5 years (more than half the time the company has been in existence!). I'm glad you grew while you were here, that you saw us live our Data Driven value, and that you feel that people care about the customer and fostering a positive work culture. I'm sorry to hear that you felt there were politics and that you felt that we were stingy in promoting homegrown talent. It's always a balance between internal and external talent when the business is growing so fast but our goal is always to develop and promote homegrown talent and I'll reflect on your feedback. Thank you also for your advice to management, especially ... "Truly determine "who" did what. If you attribute that correctly, you will build upon the right places." I think that is key to make sure that we create a non-political environment. Thanks again for sharing your feedback and for all of your contributions to Remitly. You had a huge impact during your tenure here.
- 5.0Apr 27, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Customer focused, Fast Growing (creating tons of learning and opportunity), Rewarding, Global company. I want meaningful work, to make a real difference for customers and within the company, and learn from smart people around the world who will challenge and support my growth. I am getting all of that at Remitly, better than any company I've worked for. It feels like the CEO and entire leadership team genuinely care about customers and employees, and about growing the business to help even more immigrants. It's not just a bunch of bros trying to get rich. People talk about, try to live up to and help each other with the values every day, so the culture is not just posters on the wall. Decent benefits including personal travel reimbursement to explore developing countries. Women execs, vp's and directors recently hired; as is true across tech, still room for improvement on diversity, heard we're posting new D&I director opening.
Going through global growth burst right now, which creates some challenges with org changes and role clarity. It's a tech-led company, so the mix of personalities and talent across engineering, product, marketing, support, business have to learn to work together in new ways. Scrappy so don't yet have a lot of formal development programs, but new talent director just hired and everyone is creating dev plans, so getting better? Every high-growth company I've been in has these challenges. Much better and more fun problems to solve vs those in shrinking companies, which I've also experienced!5Remitly Response2y
Thanks so much for the feedback!
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023'Anonymous'Current Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Mission driven company who cares deeply about customers. Good corp vision and strategy.
Culture is Amazon-like and not aligned with values.2
- 5.0May 4, 2017Data ScientistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
The people at Remitly are smart, dedicated, genuinely care about each other and our customers, and believe in the common mission. Everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves for the larger goal, and everyone is invested in each others success. There's little to no friction between teams, everyone is eager to work together, but are also respectful and understanding of each other.
Remitly hasn't met an acronym that it doesn't like, and certain acronyms can mean multiple things across several teams. Efforts are being made to make the learning curve and the common vocabulary more accessible.2Remitly Response7y
I’m glad that you’re finding that Remitly team members are “smart, dedicated, genuinely care about each other” – that’s our goal! As I hope you know, I care a ton about culture and always want to continually improve so if there is anything that we can do better then I’m always open to hearing it. TTYS* Matt *A little acronym joke here ;). You’re totally right … there are a lot of acronyms here … and it’s good feedback that we could improve the training and usage around these. I was actually just chatting with our HR team about how to teach these in a fun and engaging way during onboarding … hopefully it will help. Good feedback. Thanks!