Renaissance Windows & Doors Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2018

4.8
Renaissance Windows & Doors Owners Craig and Patricia Perkins (no image)
Craig and Patricia Perkins
  1. "Good Value and Caring People"

Current Employee - Warehouse Lead in Houston, TX

I have been working at Renaissance Windows & Doors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in this community is such a blessing as everyone genuinely cares and works together. I have never felt "at home" in any work environment as I do here at Renaissance.

Cons

Its a bit fast paced but you always have someone willing to lend a hand.

May 24, 2018Owner

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. As you know we value feedback from our employees and customers above all else. We are so happy that you have found a home at Renaissance and the entire team appreciates all that you do! We will definitely add some fruits and veggies to the meeting menu.

2. "Great Place to Work For!"

I have been working at Renaissance Windows & Doors full-time

Pros

Everyone is very laid back and friendly. The owners of the company make us feel comfortable and are easy to talk to and always available.

Cons

Parking in the back sometimes can be a challenge with very limited spaces available for the employees and sometimes big trucks block the spaces leaving you with challenging maneuvers to get your car in/out of a parking spot.

May 24, 2018Owner

Thank you so much for submitting your feedback. We love hearing from our fellow team members and appreciate your contributions to the vision and the growth of the company. Keep up the great work!

3. "Trade Sales"

Current Employee - Sales & Trading Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

Great product options. Employees work as a team. Good management support. Atmosphere is a good working environment.

Cons

I would like to see us become a Marvin Distributer. I can see some missed opportunities due to not having access to Integrity. Some of the aluminum manufacturers that i am dealing with are just behind the times. Poor product support and no brochures to support the product lines. I will need this to change to increase sales in these areas.

May 24, 2018Owner

Thank you for your feedback! Keep up the great work!

4. "Replacement Sales in Houston"

Current Employee - Replacement Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Renaissance Windows & Doors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I believe that working as a replacement salesman at Renaissance Windows & Doors in Houston is probably one of the best jobs that I have ever had, and that is saying quite a bit at my age. I have over 30 years of sales experience across 3 different states. Working at Renaissance is the most stress free sales position I have ever had. Management isn't looking for hard sales and there isn't a "quota" we have to meet every month. Probably the job is more educating customers than it is sales.

Cons

I don't know if this is a con for the company or just a con for the industry in general, probably the latter. In a city the size of Houston doing In-Home consultations you spend a great deal of time in your car. I guess it isn't really a con as there is no way around it.

October 6, 2017Owner

Not a chance! We fully intend to keep you as long as we can! We can not tell you enough how appreciative we are of all your hard work and dedication. We couldn't do it without you! It goes without saying that we are also thrilled that you are as happy with us as we are you!

5. "Celebrating 5 Years With The Company"

Current Employee - Installation Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

I started on with Renaissance about 5 years ago as an installation crew helper, I didn't have much experience back then but they were willing to train me. Wayne, the General Manager spent a lot of time and effort in teaching me the ins and outs and Patricia, the owner actually came to me many times having signed me up for special training which led to me becoming and InstallationsMaster certified installer. Because of Renaissance I went from just a helper without much experience to an actual certified professional. I am so proud of what I have accomplished with the help of Renaissance and so glad to be a part of the team.

Cons

There really aren't any cons.

May 24, 2018Owner

So sorry that we didn't respond sooner, this review just missed us. We thank you for your feedback, your hard work and your many contributions to the company. We are so fortunate to have team members like you as a part of the Renaissance Family. Keep up the great work!

6. "Seriously The Best"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Renaissance Windows & Doors is seriously the best company that I have ever worked for...ever! I would say what I appreciate the most about Renaissance is that no one that I have seen in the a company is a chair warmer. The owners invest a lot in their employees and never pass up on an opportunity to help grow their employees skills. They encourage and support continuous training. If I were to go to management in this very moment and say that there is a training seminar coming up in Canada (or anywhere) that I feel I would benefit from attending they will do everything that they can to help get me there. The pay is great, benefits are great and its just a laid back kind of environment, no micro managing.

Cons

I honestly cant think of a single thing that I would truly consider a con.

May 24, 2018Owner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate hearing from you and can't thank you enough for your hard work and dedication to the company. We couldn't do it with out you! We take your feedback seriously and appreciate you for it.

7. "Bad Management"

2.0

I worked at Renaissance Windows & Doors full-time

Pros

Good Pay and Health Insurance

Cons

Owner is very unsure of what he wants and management in Austin doesn't communicate between offices.

September 25, 2017Owner

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to maintain competitive employee salaries and benefit packages and it is great to hear that even after the fact our employees are cognizant and appreciative of this. Renaissance maintains an open door policy throughout both the Houston and Austin offices, and always affords employees an opportunity to be heard and we make every effort to always resolve disputes in a way that is most beneficial for all parties involved. We regret that we parted ways on a bad note, but our entire team wishes you all the best in your future endeavors.

8. "A Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - Genera Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

The Company supports what Sales Reps decide to sell and they think of new design ideas with each Client to make Renaissance stand out from other window and door companies. They also use quality products that are backed by strong Manufacturers.

Cons

Higher prices make selling a little harder when dealing with price shoppers. The Company needs to spend more on Media Advertising.

August 18, 2017Owner

9. "Renaissance Window and Door Review"

Current Employee - Sales Representstivr in Houston, TX

I have been working at Renaissance Windows & Doors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, products and services that fit a unique segment of the building industry, family owned and operated, experienced and professional support, family oriented,

Cons

Growth has some challenges, logistics is behind the curve but improving, conference room could use a technology upgrade for presentstions

August 18, 2017Owner

Thank you so much for your feedback. Hearing from our employees is truly appreciated as your thoughts help us improve and grow. We are all so pleased that you have found being a member of the Renaissance Family fulfilling!

10. "Renaissance Windows & Doors Austin"

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Very competitive salary/commissions and Benefits package Owners involvement in daily operations Quality Windows and Doors with a professional staff dedicated to making THE RENAISSANCE ADVANTAGE- TRUSTED, PROVEN and EXPERIENCED Who You Do Business With Really Matters!

Cons

Having to work with a group of motivated , crazy humans like myself?

August 18, 2017Owner

You keep doing what you are doing as well! The whole Renaissance family is excited to have you on board and we all look forward to the amazing things that we know are soon to come in the Austin branch!

Found 12 reviews