Renaix Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Jarrett

1. "A recruitment company with the flexibility to build your own space"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Renaix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Renaix is a small, owner-ran recruitment company where there is huge potential to build your own desk and niche. They excel at hiring young recruiters and giving them the framework, ethics and skills to become 360 degree recruiters, and there is the potential to move quickly into team lead roles, and become involved in training, mentoring and hiring. Great personal development perspectives, I transitioned into a senior role quickly, was client-facing almost immediately and saw good development opportunities, up to Senior Manager level.
    Renaix is rare in the recruitment industry in that there is no long-hours culture, and they take a truly consultative approach to both clients and candidates, rather than treating them as commodities as so many competitors do.
    There is also the possibility to define your own working space, and carve out a specialisation for yourself.
    The bonus structure is very transparent and generous.

Cons

There are KPIs, as there are in almost any sales-driven environment, but if you're working hard and placing people then, in my experience, they became irrelevant.
    The recruitment world is getting more and more difficult, with PSLs and internal recruiters making it ever more difficult to access the business leaders. This is not specific to Renaix, but something they should consider as they move forward.
    The company would benefit from some investment in software.

Advice to Management

I left the company 2 years ago, so am unable to comment on it's current challenges or how they meet them, but I enjoyed my time there and learned a huge amount.

2. "Professional moral recruitment company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Renaix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Before I was at Renaix I worked for a large recruitment organisation that focused on throwing candidates at clients, irrespective of whether they were suitable or not. I was attracted to Renaix because the approach was different. The focus was not on the quantity of candidates sent but the quality of candidates. It’s a professional company that listens to clients. It’s important to emphasize this because, in my opinion, most recruitment firms do not work in this way.

When I was at Renaix the office was diverse; people of all ages and cultures. I felt I found a company that was a perfect fit.

I enjoyed the autonomy I had. My desk was my own business. I did have weekly meetings with the Director but I was generally left to carve out my own niche. I always worked on audit roles but then developed in an unexpected area, information security, which I enjoyed.

The Director supported me throughout my time there and this is something I appreciate to this day. I remember one piece of advice he gave which, out of all of the advice in my recruitment career, has proved the most useful: never make assumptions about candidates. Whenever I screen candidates I have this in mind and it really does help when candidates are at the offer stage.

This is a moral company that would never send a candidate’s CV to a client without the candidate’s permission (a lot of companies don’t work in this way), it has a good reputation with multinational companies and consultants have autonomy. If you’re proactive and work hard your efforts will be acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

When I started at Renaix I made the mistake of working on any job I got as a result of my business development. I discovered it was vital to “qualify” jobs to ensure they were worth working on. It’s important you do everything you can to avoid clients that are time wasters, those that view recruitment companies as CV shops. If you’re able to develop strong relationships with several multinational clients and gradually try to build on this each year you will do well.

Advice to Management

It’s been sometime since I worked for Renaix and I no longer know the workings of management in its current form so I’m not in a position to provide advice.

Apr 4, 2017 – Director

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear about your positive experience of working at Renaix.

"Excellent company to develop"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Renaix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined the company and the first impressions are very positive- efficient training, nice work environment and the company culture is fun and professional in the same time. Very welcoming for internationals and it is a good way to develop your entrepreneur spirit. I shouldn't miss out the fact that it is not micromanaged witch in my opinion is a massive PRO! Also I love the Table Tennis in the office :)

Cons

Probably just the IT Software could be improved - I'm pretty sure there are other softwares more efficient and less time consuming.

Advice to Management

I am happy with the management at this stage- maybe some team building sessions/activities would be a fun way to promote team bonding - especially for the Interns and New Joiners.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

We appreciate your feedback. You have made an excellent start and we're pleased you've positively rated our training and induction programme. We agree with your comments related to the database and ... More

"Not good enough"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Renaix full-time

Pros

The location is pretty good
    Team members are easy to get along with and work with, sharing good practice and supporting each other, lead effectively by Senior Consultants

Cons

Overall it's just not a great company and not a positive atmosphere. It feels stagnant when you consider that Renaix hasn't grown, developed or progressed in 20 years as most other agencies have, so it doesn't give you a good feeling about your own career progression.

It is impossible to work with the constant mood swings and micro-management; deals getting blocked/stolen and candidates not put on the shortlists only for them to apply directly and get the job themselves, it's clear to see why Renaix is losing clients. The emphasis seems to be more of showing off pseudo-knowledge and exercising power rather than recruiting and making money.

The day-to-day working atmosphere is unpleasant, borderline hostile: if you're one of the favourites then great, but if not you don't even get a response to your 'Good morning'. And no one enjoys having to watch colleagues get insulted, belittled and bullied for something that isn't their mistake or for even just asking for help.

Advice to Management

Instead of forcing employees to write positive reviews (the personalised feedback is a huge giveaway), try asking them what they don't like and improve on it. The unusually high staff turnover is a good indicator that people aren't enjoying it. It may be easy to blame mistakes on others, but the reality is you are losing a lot of respect for this so try just accepting them and moving on. Perhaps consider a business management course. At the very least, acknowledge people when they greet you - social skills are important in recruitment and business.

Jan 2, 2017 – Director

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your time working with Renaix although the review is not clear. It says in the “pros”, “Team members are easy to get along with and work with, sharing ... More

"Winner of worst recruitment company and manager"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Renaix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing, even the coffee is bad (but free at least).

Cons

Unpredictable and controlling management! Random outbursts and extreme moodiness that seemed like a mix of paranoia and schizophrenia. The high turnover speaks for itself!

Is it a coincidence that only positive 5* reviews appear after one negative one? I don't think so! The comments on the reviews also indicate that the manager controlled them and knows who's behind them. Another perfect example of the controlling working environment you'll get yourself into at Renaix.

Advice to Management

Relax! It can't get any worse than it currently is. Let people do their job without scaring them, making them hate their job and destroying their confidence.

Jan 2, 2017 – Director

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your time working with Renaix. We always encourage our staff members to achieve their maximum potential through autonomy and their ability to operate a ... More

"THE place to train and develop into a "360 recruiter""

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Renaix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Renaix is a niche agency where individuality and culture is encouraged and expressed. Unlike the conventional firms, Renaix does not overly micromanage or curb democracy with pointless KPIs and call scripts. Employees are presented with the option to run their own desk and be their own entrepreneur with the freedom to develop their own instrincts for successful recruitment practice.

Cons

A larger portfolio is required so that more candidates can be placed into more global roles across the board. The database system could be changed or upgraded to be more user friendly.

Advice to Management

We need to expand our portfolio of clients. An upgraded and more condensed user-friendly data base system would ideally be worth investing in for the long term.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

Thanks for your feedback. We've appreciated your tenacity and determination to succeed and are firmly of the belief that staff should be allowed autonomy and individualism to achieve their full ... More

"The working environment is well structured, dynamic, fun and full of enthusiastic finance professionals"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Renaix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Renaix is a professional recruitment firm, multicultural and progressive. We work with top clients and high calibre candidates globally. The working environment is well structured, dynamic, fun and full of enthusiastic finance professionals. A fast paced and target driven environment, with positive energy vibes and continuous development and constant opportunity.

Cons

None to note – all happy here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all your support, great management team, fair and ethical. Great bonus scheme.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're impressed with your strong work ethic and drive and have really appreciated your support. We look forward to continuing to work with you as we further ... More

"A great lesson on how NOT to do recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Renaix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team was young, dynamic and intelligent and the extra-curriculur activities were excellent!

Cons

This has been a harsh lesson, but a valuable one;
    - Micro management
    - Absolutely no trust in the employees whatsoever
    - KPI's shoved in your face daily
    - You do not get to develop your own style; it's one way or the highway
    - Demotivated team
    - Management that actually steals candidates
    - Random outbursts of frustration
    - Very random communication style
    - HUGE turnover, even for a recruitment agency.
    - ...
    Very glad to have left.

Advice to Management

Please let somebody else take over, somebody that actually knows how to deal with human beings. Plus update the database, the nineties are over!

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

Thank you for the feedback. We are dismayed to read these comments as there is no truth to them. We are a friendly and supportive recruitment company that operates to the highest standards and ... More

"Super Happy."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant - International Audit and Finance in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Renaix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was made to feel very welcome from the first moment I met all the team.

The people I surround myself with is important to me and was a major pull factor in my decision to join Renaix.

Everyone is encouraged to take the initiative and responsibility.
    There is real potential for growth within this company with full management support.

Cons

Everyday, a piece of me dies during my commute to and from work however I hold Transport for London accountable for that!!!

Advice to Management

Carry on...

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

Thank you for your kind words. We're pleased to hear about your positive experience so far and are encouraged by your systematic approach to recruitment. We wish you continued success as you develop ... More

"Successful Finance Recruitment Consultancy with great potential for career development"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Renaix (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to advance and build a career in recruitment due to long lasting client relationships with multinational companies all over the world;
    Very supportive leadership, committed to every employee’s success;
    Great team atmosphere, many different nationalities and backgrounds

Cons

There are none really if you’re committed to working hard and have the motivation and tenacity needed to succeed as a recruiter.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's great to hear from one of our long-term and valued staff members who has provided strong management support whilst developing an important team. We look ... More