Renesas Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Dysfunctional"

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Renesas Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Way behind the rest of silicon valley.

Cons

Way behind the rest of silicon valley.
    Zero execution strategy.
    Too many program managers than the implementors.

Advice to Management

Figure it out.

"Good Compensation, Dysfunctional Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Renesas Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The salary is competitive. Benefits are good.

Cons

This is very challenging place to work. Very dysfunctional. All efforts are made overly-complicated and unproductive by being a Japan-owned company. You will try to make a difference within your first few months but quickly realize you need to assimilate into the desensitized, complacent work culture.

Advice to Management

Break away from the restrictions mandated overseas. Maintain a local management team, get CNN off the TVs and try to increase the miserable morale.

3. "Petty Management"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Bourne End, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Renesas Electronics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all I must say that the Renesas Bourne End offices were equipped with no expense spared; it was a luxury environment with infinitely height-adjustable desks and a coffee machine that provided everything from a ristretto to a latte macchiato. A superb working environment that I will miss.

Cons

We were a originally a team of two.

My colleage stopped working on our project once she knew she would be leaving.

I then conducted our project entirely on my own, whilst my colleague billed Renesas for doing her university course work in company time.

At the end of this time my agent called and told me that the boss, - based in Germany - decided that my efforts were 'not working" for him. He wanted me to be seen in the office more.

At this point I resigned.

Advice to Management

Treet your contractors appropriately, they are not employees.

5. "Better work elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Renesas Electronics full-time

Pros

Values family life.
    Got to know nice colleagues.

Cons

No career advancement.
    Company is not doing well.

Advice to Management

Should change the old management style. There is gap between the top management and the staff working at the ground level. Higher management should think how to motivate and keep staff.

6. "Excellent colleagues, Poor executives."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Kawasaki, Kanagawa (Japan)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Kawasaki, Kanagawa (Japan)

I have been working at Renesas Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Good education systems.
    - Free and generous atmosphere -Although lost gradually these days.
    - A lot of excellent engineers.

Cons

- The executives have no management ability, hopelessly.
    - There are many products that don't have a power of pricing, especially the automobile field.
    - Low level salary compared with competitors.

Advice to Management

Use the education system of this company for several years after graduation, and transfer to the other company that has better business conditions.

7. "Management Poor Renesas electronics Singapore"

Former Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Renesas Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues managers and below are friendly. Relax work. Near cheap food for meals.

Cons

Management poor. Leaders no interest do company good. Too many general managers and Senior Managers. No effort help company survive bad times. Only politics always. Very slow decision. Managements only protect themselves but not interest company.

Advice to Management

Pls be good example. Always disappear half day or many times everyday. Pls give clear orientations so employees know which direction to work. Too many general managers.

"Renesas electronics Singapore Pte Ltd Review"

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Renesas Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly Co-colleagues. Generally less pressure environment minus the politics

Cons

Poor management with no vision and leadership. Most work are passed down to ground staff as there are more general managers and senior managers than engineers. High turnover. No career prospect. Low pay and poor remuneration. Poor benefits. Promotion increment does not commensurate with increase workload. Annual increment at less than 3%. Internal power struggle and politics among management as company go through numerous rounds of merger. Management does not work in corporate interest to improve business but rather overly engaged in ousting one another even if the conflicts resulted in business loss. High risk as company restructure once every six months. Poor leadership as the same business goals and plans have been reiterated years after years.

Advice to Management

Remove redundancy in higher management as there are far too many general and senior managers. Unite and work in common interest for the corporate. Improve leadership, do proper business planning, be transparent in promotion evaluation, eliminate favourism, improve engineering capabilities, commit more time to source for business rather than doing domestic coverup with presentations and reports.