Renovo Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sandy Morford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Biomedical Technician"

I have been working at Renovo Solutions full-time

Pros

Company is supportive, takes active interest in their employees.

Cons

Pay and benefits are not competitive.

2. "Heart in the right place, but a poor approach"

I worked at Renovo Solutions full-time

Pros

- Retrospectives that produce results
    - Very conscious of best practices
    - Loyalty to employees with sonority, almost to a fault

Cons

- Focused too much on "best" approach; slowed down delivery
    - Lack of decisiveness from management caused slowdowns
    - Asks for advice from consultant, but continually ignores that advice
    - 6 months to a year without shipping anything? Really?

Advice to Management

You're positioned well to differentiate yourself, but you're throwing money down a hole with your current development setup. Establish yourself in a bigger tech hub, and hire individuals that can get you the speed to market you need.

"Don’t work for this company!"

Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Imaging Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Renovo Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice but burnt out. Overworked and underpaid! Nothing positive I can add!

Cons

Incompetent management! Incompetent owners who have no idea how to run a company that is growing rapidly due to unethical business practices! The management lies to keep people working and fired people when they question their decisions. This is a perfect example of incompetent management who have never taken a leadership coarse. You should be able to respectfully question a decision without fear of being fired. This company expects you to work off duty and not get paid. If you don’t they think you’re not willing to play ball. I work sometimes 16hrs and get paid for 8! STAY AWAY from this 3rd party company! And warn people not to let Renovo into their hospitals!

Advice to Management

Hire real managers! And hire a CEO and get the owners out of the equation! There is a reason when companies grow the person who started it is replaced by someone who can successfully manage a corporation! Just because you start something doesn’t mean you should continue! For the betterment of all you need to take a backseat and hire someone who can competently carry out the duties of CEO! Invest in your people Not just on a professional level but also a personal level. This company is the worst!

Renovo Solutions Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns more directly.

The issues you have brought up are of serious concern to us and we... More

4. "Biomed II"

I have been working at Renovo Solutions full-time

Pros

Friendly staff! Teamwork is always first.

Cons

There are no downsides so far.

5. "Very good company"

Former Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician
    Former Employee - Biomedical Equipment Technician

I worked at Renovo Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, Privately owned and they treat you very well, no micro management, they help you get your job done

Cons

Health insurance is weak and expensive for families, not a lot of opportunity for growth unless your willing to relocated

Advice to Management

Doing a good job, don't get to big though

6. "Overall good company"

I worked at Renovo Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Partners are easy to approach and make it a point to know all of the employees. Co-workers are extremely helpful. They are trying to keep a family atmosphere in a large company. I enjoyed my time at Renovo. I learned a lot working here. Would definitely recommend working here for as a biomedical engineer, in the IT dept., or in Operations.

Cons

There was not much room for growth for my position. I would have stayed if there had been a potential to move up the ladder. That is why I gave it a neutral rating. There are a few managers who should not be managers, but I think that is due to the explosive growth the company has experienced. Need to update processes and procedures to match company growth. I often wasn't certain what my role was, or what I was allowed to do without stepping on someone's toes. There were often several people from different departments working on the same thing. This lack of communication wasted everyone's time.

Advice to Management

This company is definitely on the right track. It just needs to work on updating processes and procedures, improving communication, clearly defining departmental boundaries, and getting the right people in key management roles. Keep up the good work!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - BMET II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - BMET II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Renovo Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are always growing and the ladder is open to anyone.
    You can talk to and get to know your Leaders. Like a family every exec takes time to get to meet and know all employees. You can talk to them and do not have to fear retribution.
    Show your worth and you get rewarded

Cons

Growing Pains - the company is growing and sometimes that means things fall in the cracks (only takes someone telling the upper managment and usually all problems get resolved.)

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys you are doing a great job

"Growing Company but Unprofessional Executives; Low Pay; Dissatisfied Colleagues"

I have been working at Renovo Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A small company with ~300% growth rate. That's about it.

Cons

Following are the challenges I have faced while working for over a year now at Renovo, an inside look:
    - Low Pay/Salary: Renovo will low ball you with the job offer letter. I was low balled about $15,000 less than the national average salary for my position, but I still accepted it because I was in a very bad situation back then. I had no other option.
    - Unprofessional Executives: From the day I was interviewed, the top executives, few but not all, have been rude. They'll make fun of you on your face. They'll try to boss you. Clear indications of zero leadership skills.
    - Dissatisfied Colleagues: Most of the biomed technician employees, which Renovo is mostly made of, say that they had no other option to continue working with Renovo. They also complain about bossy managers, low pay and poor benefits.
    - Promises made are not kept: During interview, few Promises were made to me but the top executives did not approve it when I needed Renovo to fullfil those promises. I was very disappointed and heartbroken.

This is an insider review for new job seekers. I greatly respect my manager and appreciate this opportunity. However, after such aforementioned incidents, I am looking for new opportunities again and will be resigning soon.

Advice to Management

Read the cons. Start working on this first and top level executives: change your attitude and start respecting your employees.

"Overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated"

Former Employee - Corporate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Renovo Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I finally was able to leave this company and regain my sanity. There is nothing beneficial about working for this employer.

Cons

The systems they use are outdated. The company is more worried about keeping their pockets fat rather than investing in good talent. They don't care about their employees, hence why it is a revolving door. Employees shelf span is about 90 days to less than 1 year!

Advice to Management

It all starts from the top and trickles to the bottom. If you have a leaky roof, eventually you will drown out the entire place! Management needs to stop thinking of only themselves and start focusing on what can drive the business. Invest in your employees especially the good ones. Managers need to lead by example and role up their sleeves and work with their employees.

"Grossly underpaid with no upward growth mobility."

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Irvine, CA

I worked at Renovo Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are really awesome. Aside from that the company is trying too hard to be "corporate" they are still new and they have a lot of growing to do.

Cons

The systems they use are outdated and they don't have policies in place to make things run smoother. This place is all about working harder instead of smarter.

Advice to Management

Hire competent managers that understand how to be leaders. The company needs managers in place that can lead by example rather than managers who are lazy and lock themselves in their office while their associates do all the work. There needs to be better streamline processes for all the work load. Also managers need to stop playing favorites and be fair across the board.