Renown Health Patient Access Reviews | Glassdoor

Renown Health President and CEO Dr. Anthony Slonim
Dr. Anthony Slonim
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Supports work life balance of all employees (in 9 reviews)

• great place for great people to do great work (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has unrealistic expectations of their underlings (in 9 reviews)

• This is a company that likes to save money by making one person perform the work of 2 or 3 people (in 8 reviews)

"Unreal expectations"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Renown Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the food they serve

Cons

Due to management constantly either firing or causing people to resign the department is always shortstaffed. Those of us who remain carry an unrealistic workload, we all work as hard as we can, but sometimes it is just too overwhelming. When we start to burnout this is the time we will be yelled at and belittled by the leadership. Then after you've done all you can and worked harder then you've ever worked, you'll make a small mistake while burned out from the work, and you will be terminated. Sound like a great place to work?

PS.
    Dont go to HR for help, they %100 side with management everytime

Advice to Management

You dont realize nor do you care just how hard we work everyday, you micromanage and belittle us over small things

Renown Health Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your feedback and former employment. Though you no longer work with us, we take your feedback seriously and invite you to contact us at Recruitment@renown.org to learn more about your... More

"Unfair compensation, management uncaring"

Current Employee - Lead Patient Access Representative
    Current Employee - Lead Patient Access Representative

I have been working at Renown Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some entities are still non-profit, although most aren't. No risk of being outsourced.

Cons

Compensation is lowest in the area, all 4 areas I have worked in have been chronically under-staffed and management doesn't care, quoting some ridiculous budget. Staff - level employees are not heard at all.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your staff

"No amount of money will ever bring me back to working at this hospital."

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative II, Financial Counselor in Reno, NV

I worked at Renown Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

nice facility with great services

Cons

Bullying and corruptness within management, senior leadership, HR. Money is the root of all evil and it consumes this hospital.

Advice to Management

Management and senior leadership. I worked at Renown prior to the name change and during the entire transition from Washoe to Renown, up until 2012. In my role as patient access/financial counseling, my job was to assist those patients who had difficulty paying their bills and helping them find assistance in alleviating that stress. However, after the name change that quickly changed and money became more of a focus. They encouraged us to share our opinions on what could help us as a department to meet our "monthly goal" in collections. Myself as well as a few other employees (who were also long time employees before new management came in) stated that there were situations that weren't exactly compassionate when entering a patients room to collect money for their stay, especially in ICU and areas that patients were on comfort care, etc. Because these managers didn't like those opinions, we were transferred out of a department and a position we had been in for years. For someone like me who once loved her job and looked forward to going to work, the bullying and harassment from asinine racial allegations (of which I'm married to that race I was accused of ) from a disgruntled former coworker, to the eminent bulls eye I placed on my back the moment I stated that it wasn't right for me to go into a room of someone who is dying to get their copay.

You should consider what your pee-ones have to say, they are the backbone of the company and anytime a former employee claims bullying, you should look into it a bit deeper rather than siding with HR and lower management (the ones who are the problem). You'd realize you lost some great, loyal employees who loved their jobs and wanted to make it better.