KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Rent-A-Center Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 25, 2021

Found 198 of over 1,992 reviews

3.2
Rent-A-Center CEO Mitch Fadel
Mitch Fadel
Pros
  • "Great people great benefit good pay(in 136 reviews)

• "Decent pay, hours can be good(if credit is)(in 110 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long Hours, Customers Can Be Quite Rude(in 299 reviews)

• "no work life balance but great compensation(in 198 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rent-A-Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great advancement!

Aug 3, 2021 - Digital Recruitment Specialist in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to get promoted within 8 months of me being here! Continuously learning about the business and growing as a person.

Cons

Really no cons. Great work/life balance. Being able to work from home would be a great perk!

Digital Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad that you are enjoying your experience.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Pay

Jun 29, 2021 - Sales Assistant Manager in Bowling Green, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was great, and management always strived to keep you with the company no matter what. The way you feel about the company always mattered by how you were treated by your Store Manager. I am lucky enough to have a Store Manager that always puts his employees first, and made sure we were okay. Whether it be from mental stress or physical stress, my store manager always made it right.

Cons

Work/Life balance can seem somewhat non-existent. Your life is dedicated to RAC. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't have children, but instead, you find yourself so drained from the long shifts that you force yourself to stay motivated and fun for the same family your working to support.

3 people found this review helpful

Digital Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for the detailed response. We will take all of your advice into consideration to be better. We appreciate you!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Nov 25, 2021 - District Manager in Joplin, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to build a team culture

Cons

The lack of a work life balance

1 person found this review helpful

Digital Recruitment Specialist

Team culture is the best, but I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. We take it seriously. If you would like to get in contact with someone, please contact the solution center at 1-800-422-8186. They can better understand your review and experience. Thank you!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Love the work hated who I worked for

Aug 17, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Customers truly become a part of your family. With customers paying several times a month you get to know everyone on a personal basis.

Cons

Upper management can ruin your life. I would recieve messages form my District Manager from 640 am till 1130pm daily. Zero work life balance. As a salaried manager I was never allowed to use any vacation... lost 3 weeks vacation 2 years in a row and you do not get paid out for it either... no ethics in this corperation.

Digital Recruitment Specialist

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. If you would like to get in contact with someone, please contact the solution center at 1-800-422-8186. They can better understand your review and experience. Thank you!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

NO WORK LIFE BALANCE

Sep 8, 2021 - Store Manager in Hollywood, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you like to make money and work hard this is the place for you with excellent opportunity to grow and move up

Cons

No work life balance very numbers focused company with lots of pressure to either perform or make up numbers and boss is very on board with you making those numbers up as long as you leave no paper trail

Digital Recruitment Specialist

I am so glad to hear about your positive experience! Thank you for the feedback, we take it very seriously.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Teamwork makes dreamwork

Aug 18, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I believe we provide a meaningful service to our customers

Cons

Sometimes work life balance gets lost and expectations override things

Digital Recruitment Specialist

I am so glad to hear of your positive experience! Thank you for your feedback/advice, we take it very seriously.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nope

Aug 9, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is competitive........there’s nothing else to say about that

Cons

No work life balance. Constant pressure for sales events during a pandemic where people have lost their jobs and corporate keeps increasing prices. People look at the prices and laugh on their way out. Upper management DM and RD are non existent until they want to put on the pressure and threaten your job. No time for family or vacations, they will all be denied. Even floating holidays are denied but the