Rent A Wheel Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 21, 2020

Found 9 of over 108 reviews

3.9
Rent A Wheel CO-CEOs John Bowlin & Don Sabino  (no image)
John Bowlin & Don Sabino
Pros
  • "This company has good pay and benefits(in 8 reviews)

• "Great benefits, great pay, great work environment(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unless that store is producing money, you’re a replaceable employee and if upper management decides they are on their feelings you will pay for it(in 4 reviews)

• "long hours(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rent A Wheel and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Outstanding

Oct 21, 2020 - Store Manager in Lubbock, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, great work environment

Cons

Not being able to sell back vaction

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fast and Fun!

Aug 25, 2020 - Associate District Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, good benefits, flexible work schedule and pay is fair.

Cons

it is a result driven business, so if you do not like pressure to hit numbers it might not be for you.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Sales Manager

Sep 18, 2020 - Sales Manager in Brentwood, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, hours of operation, good pay rate

Cons

Rent to own takes some time to adjust to

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unlimited opportunity for every employee!

Apr 8, 2018 - Store Manager in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job is truly what you make it. If you work hard there is unlimited opportunity for promotions and most importantly big bonuses.

Cons

Very fast paced work environment. Not the place for slackers. Stores need more staffing to better take care of the customers.

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't Work At Rent-A-Wheel

Dec 7, 2017 - Assistant Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is no Pro's... horrible work environment!

Cons

Poor communication from the top down. The Human Resources Department is a joke! They are quick to dismiss a employee without fact finding and hire any warm body to work there. They rip customers off by adding accessories to their account without them knowing. That will add another $500.00 to the customers account. Employees get the so-called bonuses taken away because of all the skip accounts. The customers are total thieves and have no intent on paying for the wheels and tires. Customers will verbally and physically attack you and will even pull knives and guns on you! Don't waste your time at Rent-A-Wheel, they under pay for what they expect out of you. You can't live on $12.00 - $13.00 an hour and don't get me started on the broken promises and dangling carrot... all lies!

2 people found this review helpful

Rent A Wheel Response

Director, Human Resources

We understand it is difficult for an employee when they are let go from a company. And while we appreciate feedback, we adamantly disagree on many points. Rent A Wheel's HR department continuously seeks the best interests of our company AND our employees because we understand the success of one depends on the success of the other. Our employees are our greatest asset; dismissal is usually the last resort when other approaches have not worked. Rent A Wheel has loyal customers and we try our best to give them the celebrity-like service they deserve. Of course customers sign agreements listing all items they are purchasing. We are not sure what you are referencing when you mention weapons. Lastly, so many reviews on this site conflict with your claim regarding rate of pay - our company is proud to offer competitive pay and a fantastic bonus program!

6. 1.0

Built broken

Jan 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Madapur
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who work hard. Great location in Brentwood, walkable to quite a few places for lunch.

Cons

Management will get as much as they can out of you until you burn out. Turnover over 100%, so chances are good you will end up doing your job and part of someone else's. High volume of workers comp and employee relations issues. Very negative work environment and management has no interest in improving it. The only people treated worse than employees are customers. The business model targets poor and uneducated populations who are willing to go into debt to install rims worth more than the car as a status symbol. Poor service, long wait times, safety issues. It's very hard to feel good about working here, and your efforts will not be rewarded.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

Corporate Office Employee

Apr 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The casual work environment is probably the only pro I have.

Cons

-No annual reviews or raises -Lots of work but no overtime -Crazed President/CFO

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Sales

Jan 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

work environment is ver casual

Cons

the pay is very low

9. 1.0

Account Rep

Jan 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment is about it

Cons

low pay, never will receive a raise, poor management, unreasonable credit goals, employee drama, very high turnaround. BE WARE

Rent A Wheel Response

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review. Our stores are fun places to work – fun is even written in our Mission Statement! Our turnover rate is about the average for our industry. And we get positive feedback on a regular basis regarding employee pay, especially pay related to our uncapped bonus plan (every store employee is eligible to participate in the bonus plan!). Sounds like we have an opportunity to do a better job explaining our fantastic bonus plan to employees and the positive difference it can make in their pay – thank you for letting us know.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews