Rent The Runway Reviews
44% would recommend to a friend
(432 total reviews)
53% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Rent The Runway
Got a burning question about Rent The Runway? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rent The Runway employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people on individual teams." (in 31 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great and passionate about what they do." (in 20 reviews)
- "Rent the Runway has an amazing culture, that keeps work fun while maintaining productivity." (in 18 reviews)
- "great benefits" (in 12 reviews)
- "Good benefits, positive work environment, work from home, liberal company" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rent The Runway and is not affected by filters.
Found 432 of over 498 reviews
Updated Nov 11, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Apr 18, 2023EngineerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSecaucus, NJ
None, this is not the place for minorities nor is it a place for people who stand up for what’s right.
From the interview process to working at the company it’s a negative overall experience. Unprofessional and there is no diversity in leadership; interviews are based off of negative experiences from previous employers and from the management team all the way to the c-level suite team is downright toxic, and also ego-stricken. Would not recommend at all, there’s a reason the CEO only has a 51% approval and you can see why by just talking to each one of her leadership team members.10
- 3.0Sep 11, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDarrington, WA
The floor-level culture is great. Most of the agents and low level managers are very friendly and nice to work with. The team is fully remote, so no worries about going back into the office. There are varied shifts/days if M-F doesn't work.
RTR's customer service department is perpetually understaffed. Agents are constantly having to scramble to make up for this. There are no opportunities to move from part time to full time, and very few opportunities to move above the level of agent. There can be a bad lack of communication about updates that affect the customer service team.
- 4.0Nov 11, 2023Procurement CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSecaucus, NJ
RTR allows hybrid schedule and it allows for mother/woman at work to guide their career along with there mom life
Communication is difficulty sometimes between departments.
- 3.0Jun 6, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Flexibility, equipment provided, gliding pay scale for 2 years. You will also meet some of the most wonderful people and gain great friends.
Where do I start. ENTITLED members. I know it’s not really RTR’s fault but I have NEVER in my LIFE have ever worked with customers that were this entitled and SO RUDE. I have been cussed out and wished the worst by them. I was pretty much told “this is what you signed up for so deal with it”. It is ridiculously frustrating. The pay is not worth the amount of stress we deal with. When we would escalate to our managers we would still have to deal with the customers for the most part and follow ups we’re not really done on their end. Micromanagement: pretty self explanatory. I was asked once what took me so long when I took a restroom break. I did not know I had to explain that it was that time of the month for me..1
- 3.0Oct 18, 2023Software Engineer IIIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
- You get to work.
- They see themselves as a fashion company first and then tech. - Huge amount of tech debt. - Former employees are super protective of their way of doing things.1
- 4.0Oct 30, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer EmployeeEl Paso, TX
The company offers flexible hours.
Hard metrics to maintain and they do not offer any exception if you have internet issues.
- 4.0Oct 26, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
very organized company, tries its best to keep remote employees connected.
non realistic expectations when it comes to quotas.
- 4.0Sep 29, 2023Level III Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBrooklyn, NY
Amazing engineering culture, good work-life balance
The company's business is very rocky, unsure about leaderships decisions to make company profitable. They have often hired for a lot of new roles only to do multiple rounds of layoffs in the past three years2
- 2.0Aug 22, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMiami, FL
My manager and coworkers were the best. Within the cx team, there are some amazing people who genuinely care.
RTR as a whole is a great concept but I definitely felt like a number. Many of us would provide feedback on the expectations and that felt like a waste. I understand that they wanted us to help as many customers as we could but they wanted us to focus on quality and quantity at the same time. I also found that there wasn't much room for growth in my position.
- 1.0Aug 9, 2023Customer Support SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Discount on the monthly memberships. That’s it.
All of HR is WHITE WOMEN & Management(only had 2-4 people of color in leadership). If you’re black or brown, you need to Code Switch. A LOT of micro aggressive behavior from managers and supervisors and HR. If you do get promoted is due to agreeing, code switching, and having “mean girl” attitude. They DO NOT support the LGBTQ+ community. Do Not Fall for it, they will lie to your face. They only promote toxic behavior, if you have a concern or disagreement they will start to ice you out and micro-manage to terminate you.7
Rent The Runway Reviews FAQs
Rent The Runway has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 498 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Rent The Runway to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
44% of Rent The Runway employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rent The Runway 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.