RentPath Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
RentPath President and Chief Executive Officer Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar

Pros
  • Great work from home environment (in 16 reviews)

• New wonderful direction, innovative, good work / life balance (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a small company and if you're not favorite by a member of upper management you will have a hard time establishing a long lasting career (in 20 reviews)

• We have high turnover in multiple areas of our company (in 7 reviews)

1. "RentPath has one of the best ..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RentPath has one of the best environments that I have ever worked in. The corporate culture and community is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

There are some antiquated processes and practices that really slow the company down with regards to productivity and efficiency. These are the same processes that may result in some projects being unnecessarily difficult.

"Concierge - My Time There was Robotic"

Former Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with / One of the best networking opportunities and experiences for post-college graduates looking for basic business experience.

Cons

Inefficient and Ineffective department / No Sales, Marketing, and Service Alignment / Workload doesn't match compensation / minimal structure in department / failing organizational structure of company / Childhood game of tele

Advice to Management

Please ensure the decisions and structural changes determined by Executives are clearly communicated from top to bottom. Please ensure that the workload and compensation are equivalent (this also applies to offering higher pay to those who have worked there 10+ years, or are looking to get a Level-up promotion (i.e. Concierge, Level 2, etc.).

The concern for their employees has decreased. Please ensure all employees have a proper work-life balance.

"Good people but no growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people/co-workers
    Great boss for my department

Cons

No minorities in upper management. They will hire minorities but will not promote them.

"Concierge"

Former Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits and time off.

Cons

poor management and director of the department do not care for any feedback or concerns about the job.

"Not worth the ink on your resume"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The have loads of $$$ to burn. They waste so much money it's not funny. The offices in Buckhead are beautiful and on the surface everything looks cool and innovative i.e. glass meeting spaces, Apple computers, dress down and flexible environment. Close to the mall and other shops.

Cons

Where do I begin....smh. This company does not have a vision for their future. They do not know what they are doing and no one wants to admit it. They keep hiring senior executives, who when you look at their background, have no clue what mess they are getting into and how to fix it. This is an antiquated company without innovative ideas. They are hamsters running and running and running. People literally come in here every day and don't know what they will work on. You have Director's who were promoted into positions and not only can they not lead, but they don't even know the technical aspect of the job. One director walks around and will literally tell you that he does not know what his job does. They will try to spin that they're winning the race against competitors.....lies. Mass layoffs are rampant and people quit left and right. Others who have managed to hide and stay on are in constant fear of being let go. One day a lady came to work and couldn't log on and thought she got fired but no one told her.

Advice to Management

Get a vision, STICK to it and share it with your staff. Train your managers and especially your Director's. Fire individuals that continually prove their ignorance and lack of simple basic tasks & skills let alone innovation. Hire individuals that align with the company mission and vision (once you figure that out). You guys are so lost and as a result, you lose good employees who move onto rival companies. Stop relying on the old crew from the good old days. They are old as dust and refuse to step up their game. You market to millennials and when they get there, you don't even utilize them as market research.

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

nothing,
    nothing.
    Maybe other departments are great, but definitely not mine.

Cons

a lot. horrible pay, horrible management, horrible atmosphere here generally.

Advice to Management

appreciate your workers! do not treat one department bad and treat another well.

"Innovation is change, and change is hard"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with this company for a year. In that time, the company has changed dramatically and continues to ramp up its focus on innovation. I personally find this encouraging as someone who came from the technology sector and believes we are tracking in the right direction. However, change is not as easy to swallow for many people and that is particularly true here at RentPath. Many of the reviews I see on this website reflect a growing discontent with tenured employees. Frankly, those employees have been complacent for a long time and it's unsurprising that they're unhappy with being pushed to drive greater impact and innovate. That requires hard work and unfortunately, some people just aren't cut from that cloth. On the other hand, if you're a person who is smart, hardworking, has great ideas and enjoys solving unique challenges, this is the perfect company for you. You can absolutely make an impact! And not only can you make an impact, you will be both recognized for that and rewarded for it in most cases (there are some leaders who are better at this than others). If you're looking at a sales role here and wonder if it's going to be hard, the answer is yes. But not any harder than sales in other companies. The reality is, you have to hustle. You're not an order taker. You're a consultant. If you're not comfortable being held accountable for your hustle and providing consultative advice, this is not the company for you. However, if you're a top performer and want a clear path to career growth, this is the right environment for you. I personally have experienced that here and am confident that it will only accelerate as we move forward.

Cons

The technology infrastructure here is a work in progress but we're making huge strides and have a phenomenal team in place to get us to our end goals. The other "con" (depending on how you look at it) is things move fast here so you need to be a person that adapts well to change and is technically adept.

Advice to Management

Continue to clean house. If people aren't on board with shaking things up, they need to move on. Please continue to hold people accountable for performance. Yes, they might complain but it's important that we aggressively pursue our goals and bring in people who are committed to achieving them.

Please also note that the benefits here are not awesome. Time off is low (lowest in my career) as is 401k contribution. Improving those two things will help you bring in better talent.

Please also continue to provide flexibility. My team works from home once per week and that's an important day for us to focus and get through work that needs uninterrupted time to complete. I also appreciate having flex start times so I can work around Atlanta's terrible traffic.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has the potential to be great but most of the executive team is clueless and have no connection to the employees.

Cons

The pay is horrible and the higher ups are over paid. Layoffs happen frequently and CEOs keep quitting.

Advice to Management

Make real connections with your employees and include them in the decision making process.

"Great Opportunity with Lots of Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, the job itself is not the most exciting. But, the experience and the connections you make completely outweigh the desk job itself. The benefits are good, the management really encourages you to grow with the company, and the culture is really wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes the work is menial, or repetitive, but you can find ways to make it interesting

10. "Sales Development Respresentative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a new employee and SUPER enthused with the hiring, orientation, & training process thus far. Upper management has been very clear with expectations and thoroughly explained my roles and responsibilities. The CEO even came to have lunch with all new hires during training to explain 2017 goals. From my experience thus far, RentPath is exponentially better than other companies & a wonderful place to work!

Cons

None! This place ROCKS & is definitely a company I can grow with!

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!