RentPath Reviews

3.2
RentPath President and Chief Executive Officer Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper Management is adapting to the newer workforce, but needs to better handle production emergencies(in 30 reviews)

• "If you want a slow paced, never changing work experience RentPath probably isn't for you(in 28 reviews)

1. "Amazing company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is one of the best companies I have worked for! They are very transparent with us about what is going on with the company outside our department. The work/life balance is very good. There are several educational opportunities available. I most appreciate that juniors/seniors/leads alike have equal say in our architecture and tech stack.

Cons

The health care benefits aren't great, a couple years ago we had pretty good benefits but since changing health insurance companies they aren't as good.

RentPath2020-02-17

February 21, 2020Director, Communications

Thank you for sharing feedback on Glassdoor. We are thrilled that RentPath is one of the best companies you have worked for! Thank you for recognizing our open communication, educational and professional development opportunities, and our commitment to a healthy work/life balance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your supervisor with any questions or suggestions on benefits. Thank you for all you do for RentPath!

2. "Good place to work just a little monotonous"

4.0
    Former Employee - Social Media and Reputation Specialist

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

Good benefits, good people, decent place to work

Cons

The work just gets monotonous from time to time

RentPath2020-05-13

"So much wrong but their heads in the ground."

Former Employee - SBDM

I worked at RentPath full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning the multifamily industry. Made good friends with like minded individuals. Took homage in that I was not the only one who felt that the good ole boys ran the show and were intimidated by a woman that was more skilled.

Cons

Unprofessional manager. Not punctual or prepared. Did not follow through with needed training steps. As the saying goes "rode by the seat of his pants and winged it."

RentPath2020-05-22
  4. "Loved this company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is great and support team members are wonderful

Cons

Company is being purchased

RentPath2020-04-16
  5. "Great work/life balance"

4.0

I have been working at RentPath full-time

Pros

Solid pay, lots of fun events, freedom in daily life.

Cons

Company doesn't operate with full financial transparency, so it is tough to overcome objections when you hear you're going out of business

RentPath2020-03-16

March 31, 2020Director, Communications

Thank you for providing your feedback on Glassdoor. We appreciate your recognition of our good pay, supportive culture and excellent work/life balance. RentPath believes in open, transparent communication and always strives to keep team members informed about the business. Managers should be able to provide guidance on how to discuss changes in the industry if they come up — please don’t hesitate to talk about this with your direct supervisor. Thank you for being a part of the RentPath team! We appreciate your work.

6. "Could Be Better"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers. Beautiful building and environment

Cons

Didn't have a fair mix of territory while I was there. Some cities have consistent high occupancy and there aren't many opportunities to sell advertising to properties who dont have any vacancies and have year long waiting lists.

RentPath2020-03-05

March 31, 2020Director, Communications

Thank you for providing your feedback on Glassdoor. We value input from employees, including former employees, and will share your feedback with company and department leadership. Thank you for recognizing our talented team and our great work environment. We appreciate your work during your time with RentPath and wish you the best of luck in the future!

"So much potential"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

Decent culture and good location. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Low pay for inside sales, the cost for benefits are based on a pay scale of your salary and targeted commission, so it's expensive. No floor or threshold for commission, no residuals. Inside sales are given the bottom barrel of leads, Poor commission structure. Salesforce is not set up in an efficient manner which makes it difficult to navigate for simple work tasks.

RentPath2020-02-18

February 21, 2020Director, Communications

Thank you for providing your feedback on Glassdoor. We value input from employees, including former employees, and will share your feedback with company and department leadership. We work hard to provide competitive pay with generous benefits and commissions, as others have noted, as well as a supportive culture and good work/life balance. Thank you for your contributions during your time with RentPath.

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS EMPLOYER!!"

I have been working at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people within positions of power have no idea what they are doing so it allows for a very laid-back work environment.

Cons

One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. So sorry that I gave this company my hard earned talent and time.

RentPath2020-02-07

"Sinking ship has sunk"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Made some decent friends there.

Cons

Everything about this company was run poorly from the start. No wonder they filed for bankruptcy and got acquired by there competitor

RentPath2020-02-28

March 9, 2020Director, Communications

Thank you for providing your feedback on Glassdoor. As you know, we work in a fast-paced and competitive industry. RentPath has built a strong position with brands like Rent.com and ApartmentGuide.com, and our leaders have made decisions to serve the long-term interests of our team members and customers. We appreciate your work during your time with RentPath and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

"Don’t walk, run away from this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at RentPath full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home on occasion Excellent co-workers

Cons

I felt that it was a toxic environment (the Portland, OR location). Constantly made me feel replaceable. The management is very reactive, and not really proactive. Whenever the software we use would fail (and it did a lot) it made for so much extra work with only bandaid solutions — which is why it happened a lot. The chain of command was far too centralized and made it much worse when managers weren’t available to put out fires. The job itself was far too easy. A lot of the content managers always say “we don’t write content, we just copy and paste it.” If you’re trying to use this job as a stepping stone to actually get into the digital media industry, don’t. The experience does not transfer well and very few people who have left the company had an easy time getting a new position elsewhere. I say this because if I had seen a review like this before I accepted a position here, I would’ve saved myself a lot of tears and lost time.

RentPath2020-01-22