RentPath Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

RentPath President and Chief Executive Officer Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance; no toxic manager relationships" (in 19 reviews)

• "flexible work from home schedule" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of communication with upper management" (in 24 reviews)

• "A lot of inefficient processes that bog sales people down" (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great place to learn"

I have been working at RentPath full-time

Pros

RentPath is an amazing place to work, from the employees down to the cutting edge advancements in product. Never have I been at a place where there is such a collaborative atmosphere and flat hierarchical structure. Everybody listens to you regardless of your position, and there is genuine interest in implementing good ideas regardless of where they came from. I believe that RentPath is a great place to learn and grow while having fun with great people along the way.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jan 30, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about RentPath on Glassdoor. We really appreciate the positive things you had to say about the company and your co-workers. We agree that it’s a... More

"What has happened to this company!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexiable schedule,work from home, 401k, great direct manager

Cons

Lack of communication with upper management. Everything is always a secret. This was a great company before the new CEO. The new comp plan,is terrible!

Advice to Management

Change comp plan was so much better before ! No more company moral left. Direct manager do more then regionals ! Give us a better product to sell! We are no longer number one , make us number 1 again! Have more communication with outside sales please ! Visit our markets ! There should be more company wide communication and ask what is going on in the markets!

May 22, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. We’d encourage you to speak with your manager or Michelle Kilroy in HR to address specific concerns. Also, please take advantage of... More

"Good Company"

I have been working at RentPath full-time

Pros

Great company positioned for growth

Cons

Growing pains, but that is expected

Advice to Management

more in tune with employees' works

Apr 11, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. We, too, are excited about the trajectory of the company and are happy to have you on board. Thanks for the reminder about paying... More

"Overworked and underpaid Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 17 ETO plus holidays, well known, solid company with steady growth in the industry. Always innovating, transparent communication with clients

Cons

Compensation plan has changed again and despite all examples of how much more a Sales rep can make is unrealistic, is a hit or miss. It doesn’t take in consideration that despite what sales rep can try, always some clients will cancel, and you will lose the full amount of the cancellation (component 1) plus in percentage (component 4). It doesn’t matter if the client was 5 years with the company nor if the account was transfer to the sales rep a couple of weeks before the drop game in.
    They sold me on the idea that the commission portion was 50% of your income with realistic expectations, changed the plan without increasing a penny on salaries. With 2018 new plan sales rep are making 30-50% less in commission than before and the car allowance are a joke.
    The top sales rep have been “lucky” that they have many accounts share with a RAM and that’s why they are selling too much, too many unhappy sales rep on EDU with the new changes, and on top of that you will spend too many hours completing reports and the “New 1-on-1” that it should be an automated report from Salesforce maybe with some field to answer, not an hour back and forward to pull the info.

Advice to Management

Invest more in SEO to generate more leads.

Review and adjust the new compensation plan, you will be losing many great sales professionals, including increasing salaries for all the account management that has to be done. Also pay by miles the car allowance or go higher on the set amount, many tolls and parking fees that reps cannot avoid and it won’t get reimbursed for it.

When evaluating a sales rep, take in consideration how many of the new clients have a RAM/NAM on it and make it even.

The reports that RSD now want should be done by Salesforce, and just a few questions with so many reports and team meetings we don’t have time to see as many clients/prospects as we will like to see.

An email address or a place where our concern could be freely share without us being concerned that our account base will be reduced for doing so. Do we have a HR that can hear us?

Mar 13, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. Our enhanced comp plan better compensates new client sales and ancillary product sales. More than half of the Sales team has been on... More

"A complete joke!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros for this company are the fact that it is quite easy to get hired if you have any sales experience. I have to write 20 words but there are no other pros!

Cons

As you can read in the responses on the other reviews, management is confrontational and intimidating. They lie about compensation and act completely uninterested in listening to any concerns of the team. The home office is in disarray with obvious conflict between leaders. Run, do not walk from this company!

Advice to Management

Just close the doors or sell! It’s obvious you have no interest in the team making the company money.

Apr 27, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. Given your comments, you may already be looking for another job; regardless, we’d encourage you to talk to Michelle Kilroy in HR re... More

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent compared to other companies

Cons

I wouldn't know where to start. The corporate office is an absolute train wreck. No organization, communication is terrible with sales out in the field. Ever since they hired on the new CEO Marc and "his" team, things have gone downhill fast. This used to be a good company to work for and now our competitors are just killing us and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

Apr 18, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. We regret that you no longer enjoy working here. Sometimes a company innovates, grows and changes and it’s simply no longer a proper... More

"Didn’t leave because of direct supervisor..."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home for sales.

Cons

CEO never claims responsibility and is completely UNAPPROACHABLE. This has in turn lead to more management pointing fingers instead of listening about the issues sales are facing. The sales job became 80% more admin and account management, which meant there was little time for sales.

Advice to Management

Start listening and taking responsibility for the current state of operations instead of passing blame. Company culture starts from the top. In order to fix the culture, you need to start there.

Mar 26, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Glassdoor. We regret that RentPath wasn’t a fit for you. We agree that leadership starts at the top. Our latest surveys show that our employees are... More

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company, unlimited opportunity to make money.

Cons

You get what you put in.

Mar 13, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. We are glad you are here and appreciate your positive outlook and enthusiasm. We agree that there is enormous earning potential in selling... More

"Great place to start"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good sense of community
    Sr. engineers are open to suggestions from Jr. engineers
    Good work/life balance
    5% time allocated for personal development
    Yearly conference allotment

Cons

Open floor plan in the Atlanta office makes it hard to concentrate, there is always a lot of noise and distractions.
    Lack of available offices/rooms for quiet workspaces
    Seems like deadlines are arbitrarily set by people with no technical experience and devs have to work a lot of overtime to meet them.

Advice to Management

I feel like the company is going in the right direction and management is trying to fix the communication issues. I guess I would say keep listening to your employees, we don't expect a perfect workplace, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Feb 28, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about RentPath. The open floor plan has fostered communication and collaboration across our work teams, but does cause distractions from time to... More

"No Appreciation for Loyal employees and a strange way of thinking when it comes to holidays"

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

I had some really nice co-workers before the were driven away by the powers that be.

Cons

When the CEO will close the office early for the devil’s holiday (Halloween) but won’t close the office early when it comes to Christ (Christmas and Good Friday) ... There’s a problem!!
    No wonder people are leaving and the culture changed for the worst! There’s no loyalty there anymore!!

Advice to Management

Have an appreciation for those that help you achieve your bottom line. There are people who get ALL the money and ALL the accolades but not those that actually make sure things happen! Today is my last day so I won’t have to worry about this any longer but for those whom I considered friends that are still there, Please Do Better!

Apr 16, 2018 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Glassdoor. We agree that making sure employees feel appreciated is important, that’s one of the reasons why our company holidays, ETO policies... More