RentPath Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
RentPath President and Chief Executive Officer Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar

Pros
  • Work from home offers the best work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• New wonderful direction, innovative, good work / life balance (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a small company and if you're not favorite by a member of upper management you will have a hard time establishing a long lasting career (in 19 reviews)

• Weird thing to do for sales people (in 11 reviews)

1. "RentPath has one of the best ..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RentPath has one of the best environments that I have ever worked in. The corporate culture and community is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

There are some antiquated processes and practices that really slow the company down with regards to productivity and efficiency. These are the same processes that may result in some projects being unnecessarily difficult.

"System Analsys"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co- workers are hard working and friendly.

Cons

Ineffective managers quash discussions that might reveal their ignorance and belittle the true experts in the group, and then recruit and retain second-rate "stupider than moi" employees. This is the culture within a few departments at RentPath

Advice to Management

Ineffective Management.

3. "Overall Good Company to work for"

I have been working at RentPath full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and vacation time

Cons

Not enough money for amount of work done

5. "Great compensation, but very unstable company to work for."

Former Employee - DSM
    Former Employee - DSM

I worked at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay. I had the autonomy to make most decisions on my own with little micro management. I also had some great managers that made me a better manager and overall more successful.

Cons

The have numerous billing and operational issues at their corporate office. I have had 3 CEOs in my 2yr 10 month tenure with the company. They would rather hire regional managers from outside the company than promoting quality people from within the company. I ultimately left the company, because I could not respect, look for guidance, or trust my direct supervisor.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and make sure you hire the right people for middle and upper management positions.

6. "Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at RentPath (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, people, company as a whole.

Cons

No company car. Tough sale.

"The worste company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - Collections Representative in Buckhead, GA
    Former Employee - Collections Representative in Buckhead, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its located in Buckhead, walking distance from the mall

Cons

The work load given by the managers is unbalanced and unfair. You might cover 12 cities and someone else covers 6 and they want to say y'all have the same work load. The bonus structure is unfair. The same 3 employees get it on a monthly bases. Bonuses are based on if sales managers like you.

Advice to Management

Be fair to people.

"So much potential"

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

RentPath owns rent.com and a few other sites and helps lots of people find places to live. That means they have a big opportunity to help tenants and landlords simplify and improve the renting process.

Cons

The company lacks a long-term product vision. Seems they'll be content to suck all the ad revenue out of their current products, but there's not much vision for growth and almost no focus on what's good for renters.

Advice to Management

A renewed vision for improving this space and becoming a market leader (against some pretty soft competition) would greatly improve morale.

"Toxic environment...made a mistake taking this job"

Current Employee - Client Experience Guardian
    Current Employee - Client Experience Guardian

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Meeting new people and supporting their goals
    - Proper tools given i.e. iPad, iPhone, Laptop etc.
    - Not in an office all day
    - Immediate manager is cool, but I think is looking to leave

Cons

- Sales Executive position but at a lower pay. If you like sales quotas with no commissions this is for you.
    - No work/life balance need to visit certain amount of properties per day and they track you via phone. Even when you hit your service goal earlier in the day you're expected to visit more. All different parts of the state and right in time for rush hour. I've been getting home sometimes 8pm.
    - Company used to be OK but has become toxic since new CEO came in. Look how many job openings we have.
    - Clients at property level are generally involved in marketing decisions. So they generally are indifferent about discussing your job function.
    - We used to be the leader competition (Zillow & Apartments.com) are crushing us right now. However, leadership is acts like we are #1. Google "Apartments in your city" to find if this the case for you.
    - I thought pay was OK until I realized how many hours I have to put in.
    - The overuse of Sales Force is inefficient.
    - Car allowance is included in your "pay offer". It's roughly $8,000 per year, but they presented like you we make X amount, but actuality I am probably losing money on the wear and tear I putting on my SUV.
    - No movement the people that survived the last round of lay offs have been in the same position for years. Unless you are in corporate I don't see anyway to grow.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower once and a while. We are getting beat up on the ground level and take a look at what's going on.

Stop telling people at corporate to write good reviews on Glassdoor.com. People can tell the difference anyway, but it's bush league. Instead be a leader and do the right thing.

"Innovation is change, and change is hard"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with this company for a year. In that time, the company has changed dramatically and continues to ramp up its focus on innovation. I personally find this encouraging as someone who came from the technology sector and believes we are tracking in the right direction. However, change is not as easy to swallow for many people and that is particularly true here at RentPath. Many of the reviews I see on this website reflect a growing discontent with tenured employees. Frankly, those employees have been complacent for a long time and it's unsurprising that they're unhappy with being pushed to drive greater impact and innovate. That requires hard work and unfortunately, some people just aren't cut from that cloth. On the other hand, if you're a person who is smart, hardworking, has great ideas and enjoys solving unique challenges, this is the perfect company for you. You can absolutely make an impact! And not only can you make an impact, you will be both recognized for that and rewarded for it in most cases (there are some leaders who are better at this than others). If you're looking at a sales role here and wonder if it's going to be hard, the answer is yes. But not any harder than sales in other companies. The reality is, you have to hustle. You're not an order taker. You're a consultant. If you're not comfortable being held accountable for your hustle and providing consultative advice, this is not the company for you. However, if you're a top performer and want a clear path to career growth, this is the right environment for you. I personally have experienced that here and am confident that it will only accelerate as we move forward.

Cons

The technology infrastructure here is a work in progress but we're making huge strides and have a phenomenal team in place to get us to our end goals. The other "con" (depending on how you look at it) is things move fast here so you need to be a person that adapts well to change and is technically adept.

Advice to Management

Continue to clean house. If people aren't on board with shaking things up, they need to move on. Please continue to hold people accountable for performance. Yes, they might complain but it's important that we aggressively pursue our goals and bring in people who are committed to achieving them.

Please also note that the benefits here are not awesome. Time off is low (lowest in my career) as is 401k contribution. Improving those two things will help you bring in better talent.

Please also continue to provide flexibility. My team works from home once per week and that's an important day for us to focus and get through work that needs uninterrupted time to complete. I also appreciate having flex start times so I can work around Atlanta's terrible traffic.

"Great Opportunity with Lots of Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, the job itself is not the most exciting. But, the experience and the connections you make completely outweigh the desk job itself. The benefits are good, the management really encourages you to grow with the company, and the culture is really wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes the work is menial, or repetitive, but you can find ways to make it interesting