RentPath Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
RentPath President and Chief Executive Officer Marc Lefar
Marc Lefar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work/life balance; no toxic manager relationships (in 17 reviews)

• flexible work from home schedule (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never communicates what is really happening within the company (in 24 reviews)

• A lot of inefficient processes that bog sales people down (in 13 reviews)

"I love my Job, the Company, and the People I work with."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I joined RentPath, I did what any job seeker would do: I came to Glassdoor to read the company's reviews. Boy, am I glad I ignored those reviews! I joined the B2B marketing team in Atlanta about 2 months ago and I have not had a single thing to be unhappy about. My thoughts so far:

This is a great environment for learning. You get to be a big part of a growing thing.
    The people are cool and genuinely care about one another.
    I work from home once a week.
    Very smart people, meaning I am constantly challenged to grow.
    Did I mention that almost all of an entire team came from Google?

Summary: Don't judge a book by its cover, don't judge a company solely by its Glassdoor reviews.

Cons

If you don't mind working hard, there's more than enough to keep you busy. While no one forces you to work long hours, you'd have to make a conscious effort to keep your work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Don't let the negative voices drown the positives. Encourage more people who love their jobs to leave reviews. There are so many of us!

Nov 9, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and welcome to RentPath. We appreciate the nice things you had to say about the company and your coworkers. We agree! RentPath really is a great place... More

"I work with marketing professionals."

Current Employee - B2B Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - B2B Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I like most about my job is that I work with a very talented group of people who are both on my team and in different departments.

I am so proud to be part of a department where everyone wants to learn and grow. Each person on the marketing team has their expertise, and it would be easy for everyone to "stay in their lane," but they don't. Whenever we are working together on a project, everyone asks questions about the things they don't know, and it's because they are genuinely interested and want to understand the business.

I also appreciate an atmosphere where we all want to build each other up and make each other better professionals and better people. We know if an individual doesn't succeed, that means the team doesn't succeed, and that's not an option for any of us.

Cons

If you aren't a high-performer and don't manage your time well, it's going to be difficult to succeed here. There's a lot expected out of RentPath employees because things are changing for the better. To implement change, you have to be willing to put in the work.

Nov 15, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. We appreciate your comments about our company, your coworkers and our culture. It’s cliche, but also true, “iron sharpens iron.” Thank you... More

"Chance to grow with the company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for several years and about a year ago considered moving on. I saw the change happening in B2B and instead chose to be a part of it. Here is what I have seen:

- Strong business and consumer visions
    - Strong B2B leadership
    - High-performance culture
    - Value problem solvers

Just about every product and marketing team is growing at a rapid pace right now. In some ways, it can feel more like a startup with all of the new faces and new processes. For me, that is a pro. It's exciting to see.

I work in Marketing on a lean team working on several projects at a time. Is the work easy? No. Am I glad I'm here? Absolutely. Everyone is challenged to do more and do better. Because of it, I have grown a lot in the past year. There is even a physical "problem/solution" box where anyone can identify a problem and recommend a solution they want to implement, and those ideas are discussed at team meetings. Doesn't get more solutions-oriented than that.

Cons

People succeed here when they see problems and solve them with a DIY, roll-up-your sleeves-and-fix-it attitude. If you prefer a mature organization that is building less and fine-tuning more or if you I can guarantee RentPath and B2B Marketing aren't for you.

Open head count. I'm excited for these positions to get filled so we can do more and do better.

Advice to Management

I am optimistic RentPath is on it's way to being a 5-star place to work. If you keep improving the consumer and customer experience, enabling employees to solve the problems they see, and encouraging strong communication, and we'll get there!

Nov 10, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. We appreciate the positive things you had to say about your department and our company. We are so glad that you and many other talented... More

"Support specialist collections"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are flexible with the hours you can work.

Cons

There is a lot of office politics.

Nov 9, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. We appreciate you helping to spread the work that RentPath is a great place to work.

"Amazing things are happening here!"

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The more casual atmosphere, the experienced and innovative leadership team, the passion that drives our company, the people I interact with on a daily basis and the impact I can have on the growth of the business - these are just a few reasons why I joined RentPath.

Cons

As with any company, we aren't for everyone. If change is seen as a negative or painful process, we aren't for you. We need people who drive change, who embrace change. We need passionate people, creative thinkers, leading-edge technology innovators.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s exciting to read about your experience--you’re not alone. Your reasons for joining RentPath are shared by the vast majority. We’ll keep... More

"Becarefull which department you hire in to."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time

Pros

RentPath has a great benefit package.

Cons

Take caution when interviewing or hiring for specific departments. Some are managed poorly.

Advice to Management

Dig into what's going on down there on 26th. My dept is great but I work with others on the marketing team and their turn-over is high and I'm disappointed to hear it's about to get worse. Their morale is low and those poor people produce out of fear.  New hires quickly figure this out. Rumor is it's impossible to please the lady running that dept. and once they stand up to her they will either be made miserable until they quit, or she'll get rid of them one way or another.  Stop the turn-over. I like working with those people.

Nov 9, 2017 – Director, Communications

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review, and your desire to make things better for your colleagues. That said, one person’s experience is not necessarily reflective of an entire group or... More

"Full steam ahead!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been at RentPath for about 1.5 years and the change I’ve seen in that time is inspiring.

I must admit that when I first came on board and started working with the pool of people at the company, I secretly thought, “What have I done?” I saw a lack of ambition, accountability, and passion for improving.

Fast forward to now, and I am so happy that I am a part of this company. The amount of talent that has been brought on is inspiring. Everyone around me is excited to be at work, to make things happen and push the company forward. Change doesn’t come easy. It takes hard work and determination and if you are willing to give it your all you will be rewarded. Within one year, I have already been promoted and contributed to some pretty big projects.

I haven’t come close to accomplishing what I want to here, and I look forward to the future ahead. Big things are coming and this company needs more top-talent to push the innovations forward.

Cons

So much has improved at the company and I am very thankful for the updates to benefits that have already happened. The company has made advances when it comes to maternity leave, but I’d like to see that improve to a full paid maternity leave without having to use vacation or sick days.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the people leading others are true innovators and leaders. Having a manager that pushes the envelope and truly leads a team is hard to find, but makes a world of difference when it comes to results and morale. I appreciate the managers at the company who recognize and reward extra effort. Please make it easier on our leaders to reward their star players.

Oct 30, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor. Congratulations on your promotion; it’s exciting to hear your perspective on how hard work and initiative have created more opportunities... More

"RentPath - On a Downward Spiral"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RentPath full-time

Pros

Class A work space
    Great 401k match
    Easy commute via Marta
    Great work life balance
    ETO per year
    Average benefits for a company of it's size

Cons

Poor management team within ISS
    Diversity exist only in lower paying jobs
    RentPath is struggling with brand identity
    High turnover due to salary and commission cuts
    Management by fear
    Micromanagement
    Unattainable, lofty goals that keep most from hitting commission goals

RentPath was once a great place to start a career. I actually use to enjoy walking into the building to start work everyday and contributing to the success of the company. Since loosing their former CEO years ago the company has lost it's identity, culture and mostly all of the key employees who built the company. RentPath was once the #1 player in the market and is now struggling to show value to it's subscribers and new clients.

Overpriced product offerings that make it very difficult to sell, thus costing most sales executives $$.

The company created a culture committee, but the committee is not inclusive of all race, therefore minorities still have no voice. The company is aware of this but still fail to address the situation.

Lastly, RentPath has no minorities in their outside sales positions., and nearly no minorities who attend the annual NAA conferences.

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics. Lower your egos. Stop micro managing your employees. RentPath was successful previously because things were simple and you trusted your employees to get the job done. Micro managing, and managing by fear is causing RentPath to become a revolving door.

Nov 1, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the nice things you had to say about the company and your co-workers. It is disappointing to read about your impression of the... More

"Look beyond the skyline views"

Current Employee - Corporate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are average, office parking, commuting options, and views are great.

Cons

Leadership keeps directors in place that are not qualified to do their jobs and direct people to do so as well. Directors are also promoted that are not a good fit to successfully manage people and take results to the next level.

Advice to Management

Get empowered to make serious decisions about who you keep running each dept. Put leaders in those positions that can motivate and drive productivity from each team. Also, leaders that can take innovation, processes, and revenue to the next level. Some of your directors are holding the teams back and you have a couple that are souring the depts' performance with their bad attitudes and bullying tactics.

Nov 1, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We completely agree that attracting, retaining and empowering the right people is critical to our success. A lot of people have joined RentPath... More

"A company with deep roots that still innovates"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager, Consumer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager, Consumer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RentPath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at RentPath for a number of years and have seen it transition from print to purely online. It's remarkable that a company can remember its heritage and still be 100% focused on building delightful experiences for consumers.

People here are sincere and will challenge you every day. There's room to take on hard challenges and solve real problems. The brands compete in a growing rental industry where competition doesn't slack.

Cons

The challenge with RentPath is that there are so many creative ideas that it becomes difficult to choose and execute. The plethora of options makes it difficult to decide the next most important thing.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and help them grow.

Oct 11, 2017 – Director, Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Your experience supports the idea that great people attract great people. As we continue to grow, innovate and compete, we’ll need more folks like... More