Rentalcars.com Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rentalcars.com CEO Ian Brown
Ian Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company has a great work environment in the middle of the city centre of Manchester (in 22 reviews)

• Fast paced company that is just growing and growing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between departments and managers is poor (in 4 reviews)

• Very stressful and dealing with angry customers (in 5 reviews)

1. "Outbound Sales"

I worked at Rentalcars.com full-time

Pros

Good money, fun work environment, great people to be around.

Cons

Poor management, short breaks, some weekends

"Keep on improving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company gives you the opportunity to progress inside the company
    Really care about ethics
    Taking into account employee's opinions
    Dynamic and nice environment to work in (free breakfast, Perkbox...)

Cons

As the company is growing really fast, constant influx of new colleagues which can be a bit frustrating
    Slightly under paid based on local job market

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your team and taking into account their comments

Nov 8, 2017 – People Director

Hi thanks for your rating and review. I'm glad that there is so much that you like. We are growing fast and bringing in lots of new great colleagues but we are working hard to make sure that continue... More

3. "Way to go!!"

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time

Pros

Great company culture, vibrant and multicultural office based near City Centre.
    Business is growing at a very fast pace. There are opportunities to progress internally and people genuinely care about each other. Management listens to the employees and takes on board their feedback.

Cons

We have come a long way but I feel that some departments for instance post rental needs to be more organised as sometimes people can find the workload overwhelming. We are continuously evolving in terms of our perks but I think that benefits scheme can be improved such as introducing reasonable medical insurance plan and improving sick pay etc.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so receptive. Keep listening to your people and remain focused on their professional development :)

"A great place to work!"

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I personally love working in the business. The people across the organisation are brilliant, I'm in a great team and we always look to have fun at work. We also all pull together when workload increases and help each other out when needed. The facilities in both Manchester offices are fantastic too. Some big pro's for me include
    - Great work culture
    - Fast paced working environment, the days fly by
    - Onsite Starbucks
    - Subsidized lunch with great variety
    - Free healthy breakfasts
    - Free fruit and fruit juice
    - Two parties each year which are paid for by the Company,
    - Company updates every quarter to let you know what's happening in the business.
    - Use the Facebook tool 'Workplace' for internal communication
    - Senior management team are accessible and very open and friendly
    - Quirky meeting rooms and themes on both Manchester sites.
    - Trust from management to let you get on with your job and always available for support and advice.

Cons

- The company holds annual pay reviews each year which is great, but I don't think some salaries are consistent with other colleagues working in the same role. For instance, I know that I am paid less than other colleagues who have the same position as me, having spoken with them.

- I think there needs to be better opportunities for colleagues looking to progress internally. I know we are making big strides with our L&D team towards this but it would be great to have some form of career plan per department to see where you would like to progress to, and how you can get there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it seems as though we have some ambitious and exciting goals we want to achieve and I'm excited to see what the future holds.

5. "We've come a long way!"

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced, very welcoming, amazing community of people who genuinely care about each other and the business. Continual focus on culture and making things the very best that they can be.

Cons

Communication much improved over the years, but still a little way to go. Company has grown massively and is separated across different sites, which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Keep connected to the people, continue to focus on the numbers (as well as colleagues) and live up to "anything but ordinary" on every level.

6. "Senior Contact Centre Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Contact Centre Manager in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has a great work environment in the middle of the city centre of Manchester. Customers and employees are in the center of the Rentalcars.com strategy. The Benefits are constantly being reviewed to improve employee retainment.

Cons

Not much to say really, May be includes hot chocolate in our daily complimentary breakfast ?

7. "customer service advisor"

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time

Pros

cheap good canteen food, free breakfast, good location

Cons

Few unqualified managers, shift patterns

8. "Team Member @ RC.com"

Current Employee - Confirmations Nights in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Confirmations Nights in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great office, awesome internal relations, great focus on every single employee and most importantly straight talking. I personally love it when people just say it there and then and this place and the people who work here exactly that. Great breakfast selection and great hot drinks selection to help yourself any time of the day.Including Nights. Great opportunities to develop your career. If i was presented with a contract which says if you sign it you will be working here till your retirement age, i would sign it with no hesitation.

Cons

Nights shift rota needs looking at again. Many companies offer 4 on 4 off. We could use that as a great bargain tool for new people to join the Nights

Advice to Management

Salaries should be different in between a hard worker and a lazy worker or a person who has been in the company for over 5 years and a new starter.

Oct 27, 2017 – People Director

Hiya and thanks for your review and rating it is really appreciated. If you let me know who you are, I'll bring the contract with that wording around on Monday 😄

9. "Team Manager @ RC"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Where to start? Great city center location. Good looking, well designed offices populated with a diverse group of forward thinkers. Opportunities to grow & develop your skill set in a supportive environment. Endless opportunities to move within the business. Free tea/coffee/fruit/cereal. On site catering facilities.

Cons

Growth of IT infrastructure has struggled to keep up with the growth of the business. This is improving.

Advice to Management

never stop asking what can be done to make things even better.

Oct 27, 2017 – People Director

Hi and thanks for your review and rating it really is appreciated. I'm glad that there is so much that you like. We are working hard on the infrastructure and now we are through peak we should... More

10. "Happy days at Rentalcars.com"

I have been working at Rentalcars.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the biggest pros is that colleagues you meet here at work become friends very easily. Everybody gets along very well, which helps when you're having good and bad days.
    Management also really does care about good customer service and being the best we can be.

Cons

As we're growing so quickly, sometimes it's easy to get lost in direction. We're working on communication but we still have some way to go.