Rentokil North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Myers

1. "I work for the best Company in the World."

Current Employee - Accounting Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bringing up different programs to keep colleagues happy and safe. Where the happy employee -happy customers- happy business is an unbreakable chain that leads to healthy growth.

Cons

Not been long enough - just hired a couple of years ago.

2. "Account Executive/Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rapid growth and acquisitions allows for movement in many areas of the business. I was part of an acquisition and very happy and look forward to further my career. The training given by the company is also extremely helpful and also for allows for an individual to have great success.

Cons

Nothing to mention, everyone is there to help you if needed at any given time. So no cons from me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for allowing me to excel in my position.

3. "Business Partner"

Current Employee - Business Partner in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Partner in Houston, TX

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is a service based company that care about the employees and the customers equally. Our business is growing like crazy so there are so many opportunities for you to grow and so many directions you can go with your career. The company offers a lot of flexibility for its team members and customers needs. Benefit packages are better that any other service company that I am aware of.

Cons

With the growth of the business things are often moving so fast that communication to the field seems slow. The management team is aware of this and is continually focusing on improvements.

5. "A Company to Grow With"

Current Employee - Director in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Reading, PA

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continued rapid growth creates many opportunities for learning and upward mobility.
    Dedication is reciprocated: If you take pride in your work and commit to company values, you will be recognized, you will be developed and you will be successful.

Cons

Rapid growth, while it does create opportunity, can also be difficult. To be successful at Rentokil, you must have the ability to adjust, be flexible and have a bit of tolerance for ambiguity. A company that grows at pace will continually evolve (Whether this is a "pro" or a "con" depends entirely on your personality).

6. "Positive Acquisition"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My company was acquired earlier in the year and I am so pleased to see that Rentokil has lived up to every promise since our acquisition and the culture is truly one where employees matter. They invest in their employees through safety, training and development, and supporting excellent customer service. Change can be a scary process and the leadership team does everything they can to be as transparent as possible, while at the same time understanding the emotions that come with the process. I have been through other acquisitions in my career and this is by far, the best experience I have ever had. Not only was the CEO (John Myers) present when we made the announcement to our employees, he took the time to speak with our employees individually, to answer their many questions.

Cons

Many of our partners were not that familiar with Rentokil USA.

Advice to Management

Continue to be employee focused, it was greatly appreciated by our employees and resulted in them staying through the acquisition process. I would recommend having an internal change agent assigned to newly acquired businesses, as there are many questions management cannot answer. I think it would provide a reassurance to the newly acquired employees and prevent miscommunication.

7. "Musical chairs on the Titanic."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is on par with others in the industry for management. Need to pay the technicians more.

Cons

The operating system we have in place is a a disaster. Micromanaging for the sake of profit. We are bleeding customers as well as employees by using a old outdated software structure that was past its prime 15 years ago.

The current pay structure is a joke. I challenge someone to explain it to a new employee. Base pay, bonus pay, bridge, adjustable compensation metric. The online module is 4 pages long for Pete's sake!

Advice to Management

Need to honestly see what is working and what isn't working and adjust accordingly. Get rid of the JC Ehrlich software and develop something that is user friendly and allows for growth.

8. "Great Company Culture"

Current Employee - Technical Service Manager in Yorba Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Service Manager in Yorba Linda, CA

I have been working at Rentokil North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company invests in the development of their colleagues.

Plenty of room for advancement. An organization that truly values the hard work of its employees.

Great benefit program.

Ability to work for a company that Protects people, and enhances lives!

Cons

Some missteps while growing at the rate we are, but the leadership genuinely listens to concerns and always strives to do what's best for the colleagues and the customer.

"Pest Control Technician"

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Rentokil North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

autonomy, your own work vehicle to take home

Cons

Rentokil is an acquisition company that is always changing because they keep acquiring new businesses with different SOP's, IT platforms, business models, etc. Constant IT problems, extremely poor communication outside the branch. Poor accountability, very little consistency in anything they do. I was promised many things and was flat out lied to. They do have fancy marketing material though ... LOL

Advice to Management

Why offer advice when they won't respond to it? I wrote several diplomatic and well articulated letters to managers all the way up to the CEO exposing lies and mistreatment before I finally left. Not one response from any of them. I believe I was dealt a poor hand and then had crooked managers to deal with so I never had a chance to make anything of a career there when I could have been a true asset. I know there several of my former coworkers think the company is a mess also, fortunately most had better circumstances than I ever had.

10. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Benefits for health and wellness, dental, optical and FSA

Cons

Too many directives that do not apply to all areas of business.

Advice to Management

Communication between departments needs to be clear and fair.

11. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, good culture

Cons

.Poor execution of acquisition integration. Promotions not based on merit, based on who you know

Advice to Management

Get transition plan under control