Reply! Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Reply! Founder & Chairman Payam Zamani
Payam Zamani

Pros
  • Great Location, good training, nice offices, good perks (in 4 reviews)

• The people here are great, location is awesome if you are in the East Bay, fun office environment, flexibility, fair pay (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management aside from couple people don't know up from down (in 2 reviews)

• They incentivize through scare tactics (in 2 reviews)

1. "Consultant - Software Developer"

Current Employee - Consultant - Software Developer in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant - Software Developer in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are someone that likes to learn on the job and has the motivation to tackle cumbersome projects, then this would be a good fit as there are always many issues to deal with that require multitasking and wearing several hats.

Cons

Work life balance not the best.

2. "Awesome company, great leaders"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Salida, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Salida, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made great salary plus commission, awesome management, great location.

Cons

A little srwssful having to meet monthly sales quota

Advice to Management

Rock on

"This is a 1% company"

Former Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! (More than a year)

Pros

You get to see the latest Ferrari model when the CEO comes to the office.

Cons

Terrible leadership. My manager sat right next to me and openly sabotaged my job constantly. Literally taking money out of my pocket while reaping the platitudes of upper managers who had no idea what was going on. I told an upper manager about this and he got right on it. He went to lunch and then it never came up again.
    This is the worst sales environment ever based primarily on the fact that the leads are terrible. You HAVE to sell a decent percentage of BS leads in this business to show a profit.

Advice to Management

If I had of been hired into management, I would say keep doing what you are doing. Since I was hired as an individual contributor; I must say. You are giving the impression that you don't care out your employees. Are you getting that message??

"Marketing"

I worked at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking, great location (if you live in San Ramon). The employees are great to work with.

Cons

The CEO makes sure that the employees get paid as little as possible and comes to work with $100K+ cars (yes plural) to work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to change and adopt a more employee friendly environment.

5. "Regional Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Location, good training, nice offices, good perks.

Cons

Somewhat of a sales mill/call bank.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they are the best form of primary marketing research

"Carrot & Stick You, But Could Care Less About Their Employees"

I worked at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free granola bars, free dinners, cheap sodas. Meh pay.

Cons

Dumb management at all levels especially marketing, never going IPO - ever. Massive layoffs all the time. I saw at least 40 different people let go during my year there. Oh, don't let me forget to mention my awesome Christmas bonus backpack they gave me. .!.

Advice to Management

What does it matter, they don't give a damn anyway.

7. "Best Place to Work and Love What You Do!"

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on all levels are amazing to work with. Not only are they genuine but also have unique and valuable skills that make Reply! Inc. one of the top Places to work in the Bay Area and Number One in San Ramon. Reply! is well on the way to showing other companies in the Bay Area how to support current employees and attract the best talent in the World! This is the company anyone would love to be associated with.

Cons

I can honestly say the Cons are so minimal there is no need to mention them. Like all companies no one is perfect, but the Pros clearly outweigh the Cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead the way you do. The transparency is flawless and the open door policy is clearly practiced. Continue the good work and exemplary Leadership!

"Horrible Work Place w Amazing People!"

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people you work with outside of top tier management are amazing. The company has a very good eye for finding good talent for most part. You wont find co-workers here you will find a possible life long friend.
    2. CEO Payam is down to earth on a personal level. Has a tough skin at times but feel like that is misinterpreted. He has high expectations of everyone but which CEO doesn't? Hard to do your job without having the right upper level people beside you and I feel he is noticing this and tackling it head on.

Cons

1. Constant lay offs. Seen more than two in couple years with company. Company is 1/4 of size it was when I started
    2. Upper management aside from couple people don't know up from down. No stability with management its a constant change even at C-Level..
    3. They ask employees to give good reviews on Glassdoor. If you see them its probably HR posting some baloney to attract worth while employees like yourself if you are reading this. 90% negative post here are true.
    4. You want a Job this is it, you want a career look elsewhere.
    5. Pay for 80hours and expect 100+ if your salaried. Your work goes home with you.

Advice to Management

When people are laid off stop getting rid of soldiers first. If the Sergeants at the top of the food chain do not deliver the proper orders that's not the fault of those on the ground. There has to be a completely overhaul of management as many employees just aren't happy and you are blind to see that. When employees begin to enjoy the work they do that's when the company will rise to the levels it once knew.

9. "The Perfect Place to Flourish"

Current Employee - SEM Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - SEM Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Reply! (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Reply! for just over a year now, and I am thoroughly impressed and excited by the company, my colleagues, and our future. When it comes to being heard, to being part of a team, to being able to clearly see the company's goals and interests - there's no doubt that Reply! is the place to be. We, as a company, have come a long way in the past year that I have been employed, and although some changes were stressful and took some more work to get used to than others, we came out a stronger, more confident team that has been soaring past expectations.
    Also, to speak on growth, I've been able to learn many new techniques and ideas from the people I work with, and about lead generation as a whole. Before Reply! I had no experience in pure lead generation, but I've come to understand the difference between customer bases, and how to get the best results for Reply! and our customers thanks to the wonderful and helpful people I get to, gladly, work with every day.
    With that said, another great point about Reply! is how every person is responsible for their respective position and vertical. We are all throwing everything we have into each workday and ensuring that there is never a wasted opportunity or forgotten idea. It's amazing to be able to work with such dedicated people that truly want the company to succeed, because at the end of the day it's how we chose to spend eight hours of life and we want to make it matter. I've never dreaded going to work - and I can't see myself ever feeling that way with Reply! - which is pretty neat.

Cons

While not a huge deal, there's a lot of different offices/remote workers scattered throughout the NW, and it can make collaborations take more organization and meetings to get everyone on the same page. However, your team is always there to answer a question / help out with a project if need be.

Advice to Management

I, and many others, are so pleased to have actual open and candid conversations with management, and the help received more often than not goes above and beyond what is called for. No need to change, just keep on improving like you have been - it's working.

10. "Opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time

Pros

I have done a lot of different things here which has been great exposure. If you work hard and prove you are dedicated to making an impact, you can advance and grow. Nice work perks for a smaller company like stocked kitchens, lunches, anniversary gifts. Minimal gossip as anyone can raise an anonymous concern to squash it.

Cons

Non-sales people new hires need to be independent. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand all the time, it will be difficult. You sink or swim pretty quick

Advice to Management

Stay focused on a common goal and don't get pulled into distracting side goals. Has been better lately