Reply! Reviews in San Ramon, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Reply! Founder & Chairman Payam Zamani
Payam Zamani

Pros
  • Great Location, good training, nice offices, good perks (in 4 reviews)

• The people here are great, location is awesome if you are in the East Bay, fun office environment, flexibility, fair pay (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management aside from couple people don't know up from down (in 2 reviews)

• They incentivize through scare tactics (in 2 reviews)

1. "Regional Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Location, good training, nice offices, good perks.

Cons

Somewhat of a sales mill/call bank.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they are the best form of primary marketing research

"This is a 1% company"

Former Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! (More than a year)

Pros

You get to see the latest Ferrari model when the CEO comes to the office.

Cons

Terrible leadership. My manager sat right next to me and openly sabotaged my job constantly. Literally taking money out of my pocket while reaping the platitudes of upper managers who had no idea what was going on. I told an upper manager about this and he got right on it. He went to lunch and then it never came up again.
    This is the worst sales environment ever based primarily on the fact that the leads are terrible. You HAVE to sell a decent percentage of BS leads in this business to show a profit.

Advice to Management

If I had of been hired into management, I would say keep doing what you are doing. Since I was hired as an individual contributor; I must say. You are giving the impression that you don't care out your employees. Are you getting that message??

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free parking, great location (if you live in San Ramon). The employees are great to work with.

Cons

The CEO makes sure that the employees get paid as little as possible and comes to work with $100K+ cars (yes plural) to work.

Advice to Management

Management needs to change and adopt a more employee friendly environment.

"Carrot & Stick You, But Could Care Less About Their Employees"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free granola bars, free dinners, cheap sodas. Meh pay.

Cons

Dumb management at all levels especially marketing, never going IPO - ever. Massive layoffs all the time. I saw at least 40 different people let go during my year there. Oh, don't let me forget to mention my awesome Christmas bonus backpack they gave me. .!.

Advice to Management

What does it matter, they don't give a damn anyway.

5. "Best Place to Work and Love What You Do!"

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on all levels are amazing to work with. Not only are they genuine but also have unique and valuable skills that make Reply! Inc. one of the top Places to work in the Bay Area and Number One in San Ramon. Reply! is well on the way to showing other companies in the Bay Area how to support current employees and attract the best talent in the World! This is the company anyone would love to be associated with.

Cons

I can honestly say the Cons are so minimal there is no need to mention them. Like all companies no one is perfect, but the Pros clearly outweigh the Cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead the way you do. The transparency is flawless and the open door policy is clearly practiced. Continue the good work and exemplary Leadership!

"Horrible Work Place w Amazing People!"

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people you work with outside of top tier management are amazing. The company has a very good eye for finding good talent for most part. You wont find co-workers here you will find a possible life long friend.
    2. CEO Payam is down to earth on a personal level. Has a tough skin at times but feel like that is misinterpreted. He has high expectations of everyone but which CEO doesn't? Hard to do your job without having the right upper level people beside you and I feel he is noticing this and tackling it head on.

Cons

1. Constant lay offs. Seen more than two in couple years with company. Company is 1/4 of size it was when I started
    2. Upper management aside from couple people don't know up from down. No stability with management its a constant change even at C-Level..
    3. They ask employees to give good reviews on Glassdoor. If you see them its probably HR posting some baloney to attract worth while employees like yourself if you are reading this. 90% negative post here are true.
    4. You want a Job this is it, you want a career look elsewhere.
    5. Pay for 80hours and expect 100+ if your salaried. Your work goes home with you.

Advice to Management

When people are laid off stop getting rid of soldiers first. If the Sergeants at the top of the food chain do not deliver the proper orders that's not the fault of those on the ground. There has to be a completely overhaul of management as many employees just aren't happy and you are blind to see that. When employees begin to enjoy the work they do that's when the company will rise to the levels it once knew.

7. "Opportunity to grow"

I have been working at Reply! full-time

Pros

I have done a lot of different things here which has been great exposure. If you work hard and prove you are dedicated to making an impact, you can advance and grow. Nice work perks for a smaller company like stocked kitchens, lunches, anniversary gifts. Minimal gossip as anyone can raise an anonymous concern to squash it.

Cons

Non-sales people new hires need to be independent. If you are looking for someone to hold your hand all the time, it will be difficult. You sink or swim pretty quick

Advice to Management

Stay focused on a common goal and don't get pulled into distracting side goals. Has been better lately

8. "I work with a team of likeminded individuals who are extremely loyal and dedicated towards our common goals."

I have been working at Reply! full-time

Pros

I have dedicated over a decade of my life at Reply! and I think that speaks volumes in itself; I would not spend 10+ years at a company if it wasn’t a good place to be. As you can imagine, we’ve had our ups and downs just like any company. . I am fortunate enough to say with confidence, that I look forward to coming to work in the morning. We’re more of a family than coworkers at this point. I don’t think many people can say that.

Cons

As you can imagine, we’ve had our ups and downs just like any company. We’ve got our strengths and we’re also not afraid to admit our weaknesses either.

Advice to Management

I have dedicated over a decade of my life at Reply! and I think that speaks volumes in itself; I would not spend 10+ years at a company if it wasn’t a good place to be. KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING

9. "Fantastic place to accelerate your skills and creativity"

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing I love about Reply! is the freedom and flexibility that I have to get the job done. I am constantly pushing my skills and learning new things, and the culture here fosters that. If you are trying hard and are motivated, then you'll be rewarded for it. My role here looks completely different than when I first started due to promotions and increased responsibility.

Although the company has been around for many years, it still has a startup-like feel. Combine that feeling with the fact that the company has been profitable for years, and you're already ahead of 95% of startups in the bay area.

They have free lunches every day (and it's great food). There's always a fully stocked fridge and a giant Starbux Keurig thing. There's a free bus you can take through one of the local transit systems and they have generous paid time off policies. I've never had any trouble requesting the time off that I've needed.

Cons

The culture does not work well for people who aren't self-motivated and want by-the-rules procedures. There are some things about Reply! that are clunky leftovers from years ago, but you have the opportunity to change it and make it what it needs to be.

Advice to Management

The transparency you have with us is great, keep that up. Ask employees about their personal career aspirations and facilitate action plans to help employees get there if it aligns with company objectives. This would bring culture and motivation to the next level.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Executive in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Reply! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

Underpaid, bad management that executives don't notice bad unfair treatment, push employees to lie about fake products to clients who overpay for cold leads majority of the time.

Advice to Management

Look into what some of your 'management' team is doing, unfair, and unethical procedures that will come out if you don't stop it soon.