Republic Finance LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Republic Finance LLC Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

3.1
Republic Finance LLC CEO Rex Ellison  (no image)
Rex Ellison
Pros
  • "Good work life balance , and good opportunity to make money(in 8 reviews)

• "Good pay, benefits, training, always trying to be a better company(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The customer base and upper management constantly riding you with unreasonable expectations(in 11 reviews)

• "You hurt people that are already hurting by providing them with subprime loans that they may never pay off(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great pay with advancement opportunities"

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing monthly bonuses , can average 1k a month, awesome advancement opportunities with relocation options, good work environment with great management.

Cons

Can have heavy work load at times

Republic Finance LLC2019-09-09

September 16, 2019Employee Relations Advisor

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals.

2. "Good Company to Gain Sales Experience"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Republic Finance LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance , and good opportunity to make money.

Cons

Not much promotion from within.

Republic Finance LLC2019-08-31

September 5, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Republic Finance is a growing company that prides itself on its track record of promoting from within. We have programs specifically designed to train, develop and promote qualified individuals into branch management and even higher level positions in the company. We’ve been highly successful at doing so. Individual opportunities are affected by employee performance, geographic preference, and branch expansion, among other things.

3. "Was great now its not"

Assistant Manager in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC for more than a year

Pros

Good vacation and sick leave. good benefits. Love the philanthropy.

Cons

I am giving 3 stars for previous experience and not current. They have made a lot of changed including cutting some of the pay. We were told that nothing would change then they rolled out a completely new system and bonus structure. Changes can be good in a company but not these. We are blamed for any shortfalls that the "Servicing team" has like bad collections or insurance claims not being processed. Our goals... are increased fairly often and we have the same if not more work to do. It's not worth the benefits, pay, or stress. You mainly do collection work even though new changes were made so you didnt have to so as much but then we had to pick up the slack because the new system isnt working. I have seen a fair number of vacancies open in upper management and no one wants to take them on. Used to be a great place to work now it sucks to even walk through the door and I have been with the company over 2 years with good prospects of moving up but I'm not even sure it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees without consequences or judgments. Alot of people are scared to say anything because we have already seen a loss in pay and more work but no one is happy. Consult your branches before making changes to ensure it's in the best interest of your customers and employees. Stop increasing goals and the workload. You cant expect better numbers if there is the same or more work and less pay then... before the changes you are implementing.

Republic Finance LLC2019-09-05

September 5, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Republic Finance’s salaries are competitive within its industry and geographic territory. 2. Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals. 3. Any concerns regarding upper management should be reported to executive management in the corporate office or to human resources. Several methods are provided to employees to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution, or to report any need for improvement.

4. "Great company for management training"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time

Pros

plenty of room for advancement

Cons

required relocation if you're an assistant manager

Republic Finance LLC2019-08-06

5. "Previous employer"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Batesville, MS

I worked at Republic Finance LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bonuses, incentives, competitive pay for little experience right out of college.

Cons

Sometimes like I was doing more harm than good for customers...but that’s the business.

Republic Finance LLC2019-07-30

September 5, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Republic Finance prides itself on serving customers in a manner that complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.

6. "Great competitive environment but expectations rise quicker than employees can adjust to"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Republic Finance LLC part-time for less than a year

Pros

bonuses & competitive environment

Cons

continuously rising individual loan sale expectations month to month regardless of client population or time of year, forced to make collection calls (all of the last week of every month) that often get nasty and rude, have to make 400+ semi-cold calls every week

Advice to Management

Pay your Assistant Branch Managers at least half of what Branch Managers make or lessen your daily expectations for them.

Republic Finance LLC2019-08-07

September 5, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Republic Finance’s salaries and benefits are competitive within its industry and geographic territory. 2. Collection calls are a requirement for all positions in the branch offices and are a normal part of the lending business. Republic Finance complies with all applicable laws regulating how collection activities are conducted. 3. Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals.

7. "Good not great"

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Monday - Friday and pays overtime.

Cons

The customer base and upper management constantly riding you with unreasonable expectations.

Advice to Management

Learn to be reasonable. You aren’t in the branches dealing with the day to day. Unreasonable demands make your employees not want to work for you because they think what is the use, we can’t achieve what they’re asking anyways.

Republic Finance LLC2019-07-10

July 29, 2019Employee Relations Advisor

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Any concerns regarding upper management should be reported to executive management in the corporate office or to human resources. Several methods are provided to employees to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution, or to report any need for improvement.

8. "Republic finance LLC experience"

Former Employee - Senior Consumer Loan Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Republic Finance LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent Work/family life balance.

Cons

Not enough pay . Promises are never kept my management.

Advice to Management

Treat all employee's fair.

Republic Finance LLC2019-07-08

July 29, 2019Employee Relations Advisor

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: 1. Republic Finance’s salaries and benefits are competitive within its industry and geographic territory. 2. Any concerns regarding management should be reported to upper or executive management in the corporate office or to human resources. Several methods are provided to employees to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution, or to report any need for improvement.

9. "Great for quick progression"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Promote fast with great potential for salary

Cons

Difficult to make sales due to high interest rates and insurances

Republic Finance LLC2019-06-06

July 1, 2019Employee Relations Advisor

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals.

10. "Trash place with bad values"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Republic Finance LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

You know what every day will look like.

Cons

You hurt people that are already hurting by providing them with subprime loans that they may never pay off. Majority of business in usual workday involved refinancing loans until the monthly payments pushed victims to the breaking point.

Advice to Management

Find a more legitimate revenue source than the elderly, the poor, and those going through hard times.

Republic Finance LLC2019-06-19

July 1, 2019Employee Relations Advisor

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. In regard to the Cons listed, we are sorry that you had a negative experience, but hope others will keep the following information in mind: Republic Finance prides itself on serving customers in a manner that complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. Several different methods are provided to both employees and customers to report any suspected inappropriate behavior or activities for investigation and resolution. If you are aware of anything that you reasonably believe violates a legal principle, please call 1-800-317-7662 immediately and provide details of the situation

Found 86 reviews