Republic Parking System Reviews | Glassdoor

Ty Stafford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strict Location"

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Republic Parking System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable hours, good tips vacation days.

Cons

Drama with other employees. It is told on our orientation date on what a strict location it was (fast- paced, uniforms, cell phones, etc.) Most people get by of they follow the rules. If you don't have a problem with strict policies and rules, this is the job for you. But if "too many rules" bother you, just decline the job offer. It is an at- will employment location; therefore, if you do not like the policies you reserve the right to resign.

2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Republic Parking System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Help customers with parking lot and get customers on there way out

Cons

Not enough payment on check

"Toxic Supervisor Turns A Great Job Into Living Hell"

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Republic Parking System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overtime and tips. Get to help patients with parking. Meet a lot of amazing people.

Cons

Favoritism and Apathetic Upper Managers. If supervisor doesn't like you , you'll never make tips again. Extreme weather conditions.

Advice to Management

If you get the same complaints about your supervisor, maybe it's the supervisor and not the drivers. Stop the condescension, clean the wax out of your ears, and listen to the end that you understand what is going on.

4. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Republic Parking System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted within first 3 months.

Cons

I was in an isolated an almost forgotten territory which had it's pros and cons.

5. "Valet Driver"

Current Employee - Valet Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Valet Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Republic Parking System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, "open", and a great way to make fast tips

Cons

MANAGEMENT... Need I say more?
    Their policies are built to set you up for failure.

Advice to Management

Dear Management,
    Change your attitudes towards your coworkers alongside that favoritism game you play. Once you do that, I will respect you more.
    Sincerely,
    One angry Valet

"Worst experience ever"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist- II Weeks Employed in West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist- II Weeks Employed in West Columbia, SC

I worked at Republic Parking System part-time

Pros

Easy work, layed back, flexible hours

Cons

Pay is only for a little spending cash not to take care of a family...might want to have a back-up job or use this as a back-up job. I was employed for 2 weeks before they started picking with me about the count when I was only doing what I was taught to do...then they had me train a new employee even though my count was still allegedly off.

Advice to Management

Drop the racist, two-faces under one hat attitude and just be real with yourselves if you want an all white establishment than by god do that...stop leading black people on and setting them up for failure because yall know good and well the only reason yall hire blacks is because yall have to unless yall want to face a discrimination case.

"Management is horrible in Tacoma, WA."

Former Employee - Lot Checker in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Republic Parking System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

only plus as a full time employee is that I had vacation and health care. That is literally it.

Cons

They always have a double standard in the Northwest branch. Mainly in the Tacoma, WA branch. You are asked to do one thing. You go and start to do that thing and then you are asked to do two more. While you are trying to do the fist thing that was asked of you. A manager will get a hold of you and then ask why are you not doing what they ask while you are already trying to do what they asked. This is while you are still trying doing the firs task they gave you. They expect you to be in two places at once and management does talk down to employees. A manager was heard actually saying ( I don't care about the employees and I don't care what they want. They will work what I give them despite they're availability ). The manager will hire a person just because he likes them and will start them above top out pay for that position and leave the people working that position at a low wage and give no raises despite minimum wage going up every year. Not even a cost of living adjustment. This is how they run their operation in the NW. The office staff looks down on field employees and have been caught talking trash about field employees. The reason I left Republic is because I was told by upper management that the company loves to promote from within. That is a lie!

Advice to Management

You wonder why you can never hold onto employees. Maybe you should try treating them with more respect. Especially the ones who actually have good work ethnic. When you treat people like they are salary when they are not. You burn them out and morale goes down and they leave. Also people have lives that they work around work schedules. Threatening to mandate overtime because they have to get home because they already have things to do is just wrong. Communicate to your associates. The more they know, the more they care. Once they care. Leaders must always put their people before themselves. If you do that, your business will take care of itself. Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. When employees are miserable it is a direct reflection of your management starting from the top of each branch.

8. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Lot Checker in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Republic Parking System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours for a day job

Cons

Working weekends and driving own vehicle

9. "K"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Republic Parking System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly high pay for work that is not all that difficult. It's all about what you make of it. This can be a dream job if your approach it correctly.

Cons

Being in management, like in many other businesses, your employees have a lot to do with how much you work. This still pertains to working here which is not a con about republic but more of the people that work for our location.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Valet Supervisor/ greeter"

Current Employee - Valet Parking in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Valet Parking in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Republic Parking System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, working with all different types of people,

Cons

No room for advancement, no pay increase

Advice to Management

N/a