Cover image for Republic Services

Jon Vander Ark

What people are saying about Republic Services

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Republic Services? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Republic Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good and not a hard job(in 307 reviews)
  • "Good pay and you earn every red cent.(in 227 reviews)
  • "awesome place to work the people are great the company really cares about its workers whether your temp worker or not(in 154 reviews)
  • "Great employee's to work with and for.(in 53 reviews)
  • "Great opportunities if you work hard and want to move up.(in 30 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Republic Services and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great place to work truly family oriented!!!!

Jan 9, 2023 - Rolloff Driver in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good room for growth at republic!!!!

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Overview of the past year w/ Republic Services.

May 30, 2023 - General Laborer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy schedule with hands on training.

Cons

Being hired on with this company takes poise.

3. Join the Republic Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

I am 45, Republic was the worst co I worked for

Apr 27, 2023 - Trash Truck Driver in Tyngsboro, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was always plenty of work. Not too difficult to speak with upper management.

Cons

Treated awful! I worked for JRM for years. Republic bought them out. They cut our pay 38% but told us not to worry, the 1st year we will get bonuses (as long as we stay) that will keep us at the pay we were used to. I got the 1st bonus (few hundred dollars). Never got the others. I inquired and was told I was not eligle because I worked overtime. My overtime pay did not touch what I was used to making. I spoke w/upper management and was offered a lateral move to sales. (I wanted nothing to do w/that). I can't make my mortgage payments. There goes college for my daughter. Nothing but lies. And, we went from great (free) health insurance to expensive and awful insurance. Mail order pharmacy only. My daughter never got her meds on time. My wife was on the phone daily fighting them. HR did nothing to help. Barely enough staff to work. Running employees into the ground. Broken trucks. I was 5 years with JRM who turned into Republic for almost 1 year.

5. 4.0

Good place to work

May 30, 2023 - Account Manager in Toledo, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The division I worked for had exceptional service so that made the job easier.

Cons

The pay range for my job title.

6. 4.0

Growing constantly

May 27, 2023 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Huge company, acquires multiple companies a year. Which means plenty of opportunities.

Cons

New leaders constantly, it is a big job to take on as many organizations as they do. There is push back all over the place. Departments do not work as well together as they should. No tuition reimbursement, benefits are ok (expensive) so much turnover.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Co

May 21, 2023 - Division Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and they care. Compensation and benefits were great. Training was good and regularly updated/distributed. It seemed to be a well run company, overall.

Cons

Typical waste company shortcomings made customer retention difficult: (1) Operational failures due to down trucks or low driver staff (2) Regular price increases often pulled forward in time to meet a short term revenue objective.

8. 5.0

Operations

May 28, 2023 - Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very well ran company from all leaders

Cons

Non that I can think of

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Employee First Company

May 13, 2023 - Corporate Trainer in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company truly cares about their people and will do whatever they can to help them succeed. I have yet to have a poor manager, they check in and ensure we have the opportunities to improve (as long as you take initiative and ask for development opportunities, nothing is handed to you).

Cons

Things change often. You need strong change management skills and be willing to take them head on.

10. 4.0

Good company

May 25, 2023 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits great 401k options

Cons

Low pay unorganized , hard to understand pay

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Republic Services but would not recommend working at the Southwest cite

May 16, 2023 - Lead Heavy Equipment Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Core values, commitment to safety, benefits, all excellent

Cons

the southwest cite doesn't push, share or enforce the company's core values, thus, our parting ways after 19+ yrs

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,779 Reviews
</>Embed

Republic Services Reviews FAQs

Republic Services has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,848 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Republic Services to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Republic Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Republic Services. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

59% of Republic Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Republic Services 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Republic Services to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Republic Services Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Republic Services? Share Your Experiences

Republic Services logo

Get Community Insights About Republic Services

Candid workplace conversations with real professionals.

Job Referrals!
165.5K

Job Referrals!

Best way to get your foot in the door with your favorite company! Plus employees won’t mind getting that referral money!

Interview Tips
162.5K

Interview Tips

Salary Negotiations
170.5K

Salary Negotiations

A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.

Republic Services Careers

Cover image for Republic Services

Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world. We are...More

• Our Purpose

Company Updates

Logo

603 days ago

Company News
Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG), a leader in the environmental services industry, today unveiled its Technical Institute, the industry's first-ever diesel technician training program. As the need for skilled workers continues to increase, this investment offers best-in-class training, fully compensating students during the 12-week program. Graduates will immediately begin full-time work, joining Republic's 35,000 employees at one of its 180 local business units. The state-of-the-art, 76,000 sq. ft. facility is located in Dallas.
Shared image - Republic Services Opens Industry's First Technical Institute

WM

3.6

3,403 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,848 Republic Services reviews submitted anonymously by Republic Services employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Republic Services is right for you.