Republic Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1

1,148 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Great People, Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Area Sales Director in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Area Sales Director in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stability, people, pay, education and advancement.

Cons

No cons... the company takes care of it's people and the best people appreciate being recognized and compensated for their efforts.

Advice to Management

Find the best talent elsewhere and bring them in; this is a company where the best people should work...

Republic Services Response

Mar 17, 2017 – VP Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your feedback!

2. "Room to Grow"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and upper management is easy to access and communicate needs for the facility.

Cons

no mentor or anyone to show you the roles of your position

Advice to Management

Have a mentoring program to guide new management through the "Republic Way" of doing things

3. "Residential (rear loader) waste collection.Bad overall experience."

Former Employee - Residential Driver in Massillon, OH
    Former Employee - Residential Driver in Massillon, OH

I worked at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If we can say the paycheck.You get to eat and drink every Friday if someone don't tear up something during the week,reimbursement for boots.There are not a lot pros in my facility.

Cons

Hard work not enough appreciated by the management.Toxic environment to work negative energy,backstabbing as always.I don't recommend the Massillon Ohio facility at all bad equipment unsafe to operate.They make you finish the route in 8 to 9 hours but that's not possible when you are by yourself with 300+ stops,oriented on cutting hours by the old rule more for us less for you.Save the plastic don't do trash that's my advice to the other people trying to get inside.The old guys inside say trash won't get any better.Residential waste collection(rear loader) in one word PAIN I lost a month here.Not worth for the CDL A driver.If you have a family and want to be home every night and smell the trash it's good for you,you have to sacrifice something I guess,I don't know how are you going to spend time with your family when you work 14 hours a day and come dead tiered home.Very physical it's labor job.

Advice to Management

I don't give advices for free.People are paid inside of the company to do that.

4. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Boise, ID

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Steady employment, multiple lines of business to learn and grow

Cons

Republic like most company's is working to catch up to the large amount of growth it is experiencing.

Advice to Management

continue to invest in the future.

5. "Charlotte CRC Business Center"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of overtime opportunities, advancement and lateral moves within the center. Tom, the director of the CRC is fantastic, downside is that he has nothing to do with the BC

Cons

I've heard other areas of the CRC are great environments to work in, the BC is unfortunately not one of them. They make most holidays mandatory to work, they threaten overtime as mandatory. To put it into perspective, there's around 25 employees in the BC and 300+ customer service reps. The supervisors only care about numbers. They don't know what it's like to work the high volume of cases we get, therefore they're not understanding nor do they care to understand why cases can't get completed at a faster pace. Micromanaging is awful in this department. I had never been micromanaged before I got here and man... does it really bring you down internally. It makes you feel like you can't do anything right even though you're probably excelling in your work. Need to go to the bathroom? Need a drink or coffee? If you spend around 10-15 minutes total throughout the day going to the bathroom or taking a phone call or getting a drink, adhearance will show below 95% and you'll get called out on it. You can't talk it doesn't matter if they say you can, they'll hush you if you try. You can't sit at your desk on lunch, you must get up. They monitor and dictate your every move. And above all if your supervisor is in a bad mood, expect to be treated bad. When you have a question (which you will have LOTS) one in particular would huff and roll their eyes and have a snarky attitude when helping. Bad bad bad bad environment. I wanted to love working for republic services, I really did. Lots of drama in this department. I quit and moved back to my hometown because I couldn't take it. Very sad.

Advice to Management

Loosen up, the work will get done you can't control every person at every second. Hire more people to help with the caseload. Be more POSITIVE and uplifting. Having a meeting once every two months acting like you care and want to make a difference doesn't count when you don't follow through with it on a day to day basis. I've talked to many people in the department who are seeking employment elsewhere, people who have been with the company 3-5 years. Something has to give.

6. "Republic Services"

I have been working at Republic Services full-time

Pros

Great work environment, opportunities for advancement and benefits

Cons

Nothing to report as a con

7. "Technician"

Current Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good company

Cons

I get dirty, is hot, stinky, schedule

Advice to Management

Better trainer , more fans, more time for lunch

8. "Not bad. 99% of trash pick up is automated here."

Current Employee - Residential Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Residential Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Republic Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Curotto Can, Automated Sideloader, Gigantic Fleet, Clean Trucks, Nice money

Cons

Politics, Route mgrs are ruthless backstabbing brown nosers. They want to look good at the expense of the drivers

Advice to Management

Treat drivers better. Get rid of rt mgrs who don't put the drivers 1st. Without them, u have nothing

9. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at Republic Services full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, a lot to learn

Cons

Communication, qualified management, favoritism, flexibility.

Advice to Management

Communicate better to your employees. Stop showing favoritism. Know your job better.

10. "Best job with the best resources to do what I need to do."

Pros

Great management, great corporate structure and provide all of the tools I need to be successful. Very interactive on boarding process that gives the tools to succeed.

Cons

A lot of necessary Micromanagement that can get tedious, however I understand their purpose. Very large cooperation, so it is easy to get lost in the faces.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Showing 1,148 of 1,166 reviews